6 Sox prospects among Top100 ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: 6 Sox prospects among Top100 ...

They've got a pretty good article on Blake Swihart up on epsn right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I feel better about Swihart as our catcher of the future than Lava.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

i don't know much about swihart (gonna check that article out though. thanks carnie) but i would agree. I dont see lava as our catcher of the future. 1B or DH for sure

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

i don't know much about swihart (gonna check that article out though. thanks carnie) but i would agree. I dont see lava as our catcher of the future. 1B or DH for sure

I think this is Lava's last year to prove himself as a future catcher.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I'll say this about Lavarnaway. I thought when he moved to catching full time last year that his offense would take a hit. And it did. I think it's much too early to pull the plug on Ryan as a catcher though. It will be interesting to me how he does in his second year as a full time catcher. Also I think a lot of what happens with Lava will be dependent on what Salty does this year. If Salty can cut down on his Ks he can be a very good catcher. Not an all star most likely, but more than acceptable. Should that happen it might be a good alternative to move Lavarnaway to first. We'll see. But we willneed someone at C because Swihart is at least 3 and more likely 4 years away.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

consider this:

If Salty isn't retained and Lava basically fails or is moved off position. Then who is our in-house catcher cantidate in 2014? Obviously Ross will be around. Is any other catcher in the system close to being MLB ready or would we have to look outward for a replacement?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

consider this:

If Salty isn't retained and Lava basically fails or is moved off position. Then who is our in-house catcher cantidate in 2014? Obviously Ross will be around. Is any other catcher in the system close to being MLB ready or would we have to look outward for a replacement?

Butler?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Is that what Keith law has us at?? If that is up to date it's the lowest I've seen Boston.  

that was fresh yesterday

I think the sox were rated 4th elsewhere

perhaps others R including some ex prospects

that have graduated  that laws doesn't

Looks like Law's list has Bogearts at #5 overall, which is the highest I've seen, I think. Bradley was around the same as BA's list (30-40 range), with Barnes much lower, and he has Allen Webster ahead of Barnes, which is interesting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

MiLB prospective has an interview with Henry Owens.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

MiLB prospective has an interview with Henry Owens.

That was a good read, thanks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

http://bostonherald.com/sports/red_sox_mlb/boston_red_sox/2013/02/power_x_factor_xander_bogaerts

Good article on Bogaerts in the Herald today. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

http://bostonherald.com/sports/red_sox_mlb/boston_red_sox/2013/02/power_x_factor_xander_bogaerts

Good article on Bogaerts in the Herald today. 

Good article. Thanks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

While we're posting links to articles, here's a good one on Jackie Bradley Jr.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Thanks for the articles, guys.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Very promising long term outlook!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

consider this:

Butler?

Vasquez could also be an option after 2013. Hes starting in AA this year. But I think he still might have a couple years left to go.

Personally, I think Salty will do much better this year as far as OBP and K's go. I read where he said that is his main focus this offseason and ST. To be more patient at the plate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

consider this:

Butler?

Vasquez could also be an option after 2013. Hes starting in AA this year. But I think he still might have a couple years left to go.

Personally, I think Salty will do much better this year as far as OBP and K's go. I read where he said that is his main focus this offseason and ST. To be more patient at the plate.

I'm pretty certain Softy will improve on offense this year. My biggest concern is if he can keep up the improvement handling the staff.

I'm not worried about him blocking the plater, framing pitches, and even throwing out baserunners (which I blame mostly on management and our staff's inability to hold runners close).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

This year is make or break for salty to me.  He needs to improve, in the absence of any improvement we need to start considering other options.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

This year is make or break for salty to me.  He needs to improve, in the absence of any improvement we need to start considering other options.

Well, we got Ross to help tie us over anotehr year if Salty walks next winter. We have Lava who still has a shot. Butler and Vazquez as possibilities at being OK or good back-ups, and we have Swihart with a very bright future though far away.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

consider this:

Butler?

I'm pretty certain Softy will improve on offense this year. My biggest concern is if he can keep up the improvement handling the staff.

I'm not worried about him blocking the plater, framing pitches, and even throwing out baserunners (which I blame mostly on management and our staff's inability to hold runners close).

Haha...Ya did it again :)  Must be because of softys recent return to the forum

Yeah, the Sox have never been known for being good at holding runners on. In fact, just the opposite. I guess we will have to see how good Ross does with this staff...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Well, we got Ross to help tie us over anotehr year if Salty walks next winter. We have Lava who still has a shot. Butler and Vazquez as possibilities at being OK or good back-ups, and we have Swihart with a very bright future though far away.

I wouldnt sleep on Vasquez. right now he reminds me of IRod without the power (although we all know where his power came from ;)

Hes projected as a BU/platoon catcher right now, but that could change. His defense is great and getting better. Plus arm but needs work on his bat, like most catchers...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yeah, the Sox have never been known for being good at holding runners on. In fact, just the opposite. I guess we will have to see how good Ross does with this staff...

It will be interesting to compare Rpss and Salty with each pitcher one by one, especially if they have close to equal innings caught with each one. No excuses now. Ross has no experience with this staff, so if he does much better than Salty, we'll have some evidence to show that Salty (not "softy" ...LOL)  still has CERA related issues.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

It will be interesting to compare Rpss and Salty with each pitcher one by one, especially if they have close to equal innings caught with each one. No excuses now. Ross has no experience with this staff, so if he does much better than Salty, we'll have some evidence to show that Salty (not "softy" ...LOL)  still has CERA related issues.

Thats what I was thinking. Saltys CERA does worry me still. The pitchers have said that they all feel comfortable with his catching. Im hoping last year was more of the pitchers underperforming that Salty...Like Ive said over and over, this year will be a make or break with Salty in regards to a possible extension in Boston.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

They've got a pretty good article on Blake Swihart up on epsn right now.

Good reads on the artlcles you posted carnie. Thanks

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

We knew Brentz was better known for his bronze than hs brains 

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/02/09/bryce-brentz-suffered-injury-in-gun-accident/