6 Sox prospects among Top100 ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: 6 Sox prospects among Top100 ...

Since Beltre is no longer here, maybe it's safe to move Ells back to LF...

:)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

although Seattle tallied the most "Prospect Points

Hill, propaganda would be putting it mildly for your chosen "ratings". The Mariners stink, from top to bottom. How long has it been since they have been relevant to anyone but you and a few other delusional spinster.

I know! I know this one!

About as long as it's been since you had a relevent post?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

although Seattle tallied the most "Prospect Points

Hill, propaganda would be putting it mildly for your chosen "ratings". The Mariners stink, from top to bottom. How long has it been since they have been relevant to anyone but you and a few other delusional spinster.

I know! I know this one!

About as long as it's been since you had a relevent post?

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Since Beltre is no longer here, maybe it's safe to move Ells back to LF...

:)

Actually, if somehow Ells resigns I would put him in LF too and tell him to swing for the fences, and slot him in the 3rd spot...JBJ can leadoff.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

These two aren't in the top 100 but here are two more sox prospects who could start getting some attention this year.

http://news.soxprospects.com/2013/02/2013-prospect-previews-jamie-callahan.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

These two aren't in the top 100 but here are two more sox prospects who could start getting some attention this year.

I really think our lower minor league prospects are very promising. I'm counting on a few to rise up high this summer and put us near the top in team prospect ratings next spring.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I'm hearing rumblings that Bogaerts will either DH or play 3B in the WBC. Probably just a WBC thing but interestilessons the less

That's because Team Netherlands has Jurrickson Profar and Andrelton Simmons in addition to the X-Man.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

I'm hearing rumblings that Bogaerts will either DH or play 3B in the WBC. Probably just a WBC thing but interestilessons the less

That's because Team Netherlands has Jurrickson Profar and Andrelton Simmons in addition to the X-Man.

That makes sense.  I knew it was up in the air if profar would play.  I know the Sox don't want him to play the outfield but are ok with him at third.  It just goes to show that while confidence is building in his defense at ss the sox are ok with him handling third.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I really think our lower minor league prospects are very promising. I'm counting on a few to rise up high this summer and put us near the top in team prospect ratings next spring.

Me too.  Another blue chip prospect coming into the fold is at the top of my wish list.  There is a higher probability of that happening with the depth of talent that is across all levels.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

May our favorite teams bring us great joy in 2013. ;-)

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/32910/mariners-will-be-this-years-surprise-team

http://www.billjamesonline.com/which_team_will_surprise_in_2013_/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Me too.  Another blue chip prospect coming into the fold is at the top of my wish list.  There is a higher probability of that happening with the depth of talent that is across all levels.  

We may even have 2-3 more players rise into the top 100 list by next spring. We may not lose any of our current ones, since none rate to "graduate" from prospect status, except maybe Iggy if there is an injury.

8-9 in the top 100 next year would be sweet!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Kids like callahan, Buttrey, and Owens will hopefully be in daily discussions come 2015.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think Kris Bryant should be our #7 pick if hes still available. Our 1b problems would be solved. Hes a great ballplayer and has a BIG bat!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Kids like callahan, Buttrey, and Owens will hopefully be in daily discussions come 2015.

There are more besides these guys who also have a chance to get into the discussion. I think we are deeper than many believe, but we are so conditioned to being dissappointed that we are hesitant to get too excited about our farm.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

There are more besides these guys who also have a chance to get into the discussion. I think we are deeper than many believe, but we are so conditioned to being dissappointed that we are hesitant to get too excited about our farm.

Frank Montas and Manuel Margot might be a couple of guys to keep your eye on. I haven't given up on Williams Jerez yet either.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Oh yeah, I know we have a lot more than that. I just listed a few.

Like always with me though, I never get too excited about any prospect until he can prove he can be successful at AA...But I like what Im seeing so far from our young lower level kids.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Like always with me though, I never get too excited about any prospect until he can prove he can be successful at AA...But I like what Im seeing so far from our young lower level kids.

I understand, but it is nice to have so much "volume" below the AA level. It improves the odds that a few will rise into your graces.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

"volume" is the key word.  Reality is some of these guys will amount to nothing, and some of them will become role players.  It's very hard for a prospect to become an impact MLB player.  But by the shear volume of talent, whether it be high ceiling guys or toolsy guys there should be much excitement about the prospect of building a team around our farm system. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I understand, but it is nice to have so much "volume" below the AA level. It improves the odds that a few will rise into your graces.

Thats exactly what Im saying Moon. I like what I see in our lower levels and like the fact that there are so many "kids" that are showing improvement. I expect a couple of them to shine as well, but will resist a certain level of excitement until they can succeed at the higher levels.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Alex Speier has an excellent article up about Jackie Bradley Jr and the art of defense. While I was reading it I was almost salivating over how good a defense would be that had David Ross, Iglesias, Pedey and JBJ up the middle. :-)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Alex Speier has an excellent article up about Jackie Bradley Jr and the art of defense. While I was reading it I was alomst salivating over how good a defense would be that had David Ross, Iglesias, Pedey and JBJ up the middle. :-)

That would be a pretty solid middle carnie.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

That may be true...but I don't think there is an exact plan.  Sure, Victorino may be able to slide over to center, but I'm skeptical that was a main reason they signed him rather than a secondary reason or an after thought.  Regardless, if we lose Ellsbury after this season and JBJ and Brentz aren't ready we have ZERO outfielders.  Now I'd guess one of those guys starts in 2013 but either way the outfield is thin.  

I've always wondered if Bogaerts would move to LF, especially if Iglesias picks it up with the bat.  But the odds of Xander staying at SS (even if Iggy starts to hit well) are growing.  In the absence of another prospect emerging as a serious option as a starter (first team division starting potential) I can see the Sox making a run at a serious outfielder over the next year.  Via the trade market e.g. Stanton, or possibly even consideration towards signing Ellsbury depending on his season. 

Don't give up on Kalish yet - we haven't seen him healthy since 2010.  With a little luck, we'll see him have 2-3 months at 100% this year.  I wouldn't be surprised if he looks ready to fill the void in 2014.  If not, we can address the OF in the off-season.  I don't see Ellsbury as the answer - he just hasn't proven he can stay healthy and effective, and a terrific 2013 wouldn't do anything to change that fact.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to selenium-'s comment:

In response to slomag's comment:

That may be true...but I don't think there is an exact plan.  Sure, Victorino may be able to slide over to center, but I'm skeptical that was a main reason they signed him rather than a secondary reason or an after thought.  Regardless, if we lose Ellsbury after this season and JBJ and Brentz aren't ready we have ZERO outfielders.  Now I'd guess one of those guys starts in 2013 but either way the outfield is thin.  

I've always wondered if Bogaerts would move to LF, especially if Iglesias picks it up with the bat.  But the odds of Xander staying at SS (even if Iggy starts to hit well) are growing.  In the absence of another prospect emerging as a serious option as a starter (first team division starting potential) I can see the Sox making a run at a serious outfielder over the next year.  Via the trade market e.g. Stanton, or possibly even consideration towards signing Ellsbury depending on his season. 

Don't give up on Kalish yet - we haven't seen him healthy since 2010.  With a little luck, we'll see him have 2-3 months at 100% this year.  I wouldn't be surprised if he looks ready to fill the void in 2014.  If not, we can address the OF in the off-season.  I don't see Ellsbury as the answer - he just hasn't proven he can stay healthy and effective, and a terrific 2013 wouldn't do anything to change that fact.

I share your optimism and hope on Kalish. Like a few others here I am also a big Ekllsbury fan. Many forget that Ellsbury did not cause those injuries since he was in the wrong place at the wrong time when others fell onto him. Yet many on the forum continue to call him "injury-prone" when he was merely unlucky. Didn't Beltry put another player out of commission that year also? 

Hermida.  

The frustrating thing about Ellsbury is that he takes so long to recover, and when he does, he's not 100%, and for Ellsbury 90% health seems to equal about 60% production.

If he had Pedroia's mentality, I'd be higher on him, but as is I think he's unreliable.  If he has a hot year, and we're out of contention, I'd like to see him go at the deadline.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

I dig Kalish and his extreme dirt dog mentality but that boat has almost definitely floated gently by. He just can't turn the intensity down a little and with 2 bad shoulders now, how can we count on him ever being the player he was projected originally to be. Neck injury and you name it. At least his wheels are not affected a lot. 

Regarding Ellsbury, those first few years he stayed on the field quite well for a guy stealing 70 bases and such. A center fielder seeing a lot of action. He was cautious. He was like the exact opposite of Kalish in that regard. Kalish would dive for balls he couldn't come within 2 feet of sometimes. Ellsbury sometimes wouldn't dive at all for catchable balls. I prefer the later unless it's the playoffs. We need our studs to stay on the field.

The Beltre injury could have happened to anyone and the shouder separation certainly was a fluke also. But both injuries would have happened to anyone in those plays. My only concern is does Ellsbury still have the pop he had prior to the shoulder separation. Let's hope so.

Sections
Shortcuts