.682 in May,.667 since April 16th

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

.682 in May,.667 since April 16th

For some reason this thread of mine got deleted...not entirely sure why (perhaps someone was "offended" by my references to whiners, naysayers, and bandwagon-jumpers and knew I was talking about them). So, reposted with an update. We've sure got enough threads telling us how bad this team supposedly is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

Re:.688 in May,.667 since April 16th

And they are playing .800 ball since May 7th!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

"Eventually, you do plan to have dinosaurs on your dinosaur tour, right?"  Dr. Ian Malcolm

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re:.688 in May,.667 since April 16th:
    [QUOTE]And they are playing .800 ball since May 7th!!
    Posted by --The--Babe--1[/QUOTE]

Don't be obtuse Babe.  A month, while not a season, is a much more and chewable nugget of sample size than 10 days.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re:.688 in May,.667 since April 16th : Don't be obtuse Babe.  A month, while not a season, is a much more and chewable nugget of sample size than 10 days.

Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

And the season to date is a much more "chewable nugget of sample size" then just the last month.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

sample size sample size sample size sample size sample size sample size sample size sample size !!!!!!!!!

Blah Blah with you tools....  all I see on this stupid board now is SAMPLE SIZE.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re:.688 in May,.667 since April 16th : And the season to date is a much more "chewable nugget of sample size" then just the last month.
    My point here is that someone can either continue to bemoan the first 12 games of the season (as many here insist on doing), or get excited about what the team has done in the 30 games since then. Which do you think is more indicative of this team's talent and potential? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re:.688 in May,.667 since April 16th : And the season to date is a much more "chewable nugget of sample size" then just the last month.

Indeed it is Babe.  Bottom line is the bottom line.  But, whilst I understand your need to get the goat of any and all Sox fans, it actually is interesting, and sometimes important, to pay attention to trends when analysing performance.  In this case, the months body of work is interesting to examine because the horrific start still has some people's undies in a bunch and is hard to get past.  But since the month's sample size is significantly larger than the sample size of the horrific first two weeks or so, it is worth noting that this trend suggests that the nightmare is over and the Sox have moved on to playing quality ball.  And, in any case, I'm cool with the bottom line as a chewable nugget.  A couple games out of first, right in the playoff pack.  I'll chew on that just fine if you won't let me chew on .667

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

The point is that they've had a good comeback since their 2-10 start; 20-10, that's .667.  Thanksfully the rest of the division has been mediocre so they're right in the mix.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

You said it well, Space. It shouldn't take a genius to be able to tell that the point this thread isn't to deny of what the overall records and standings say, but to show a trend.

I like the entire season as a sample size as well - I'm perfectly fine with being 2 1/2 games out of first place and 1/2 behind the Yankees given how the season started.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

[QUOTE]And they are playing .800 ball since May 7th!!

I'll go one better.

They're playing 1.000 ball since May 18th

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]You said it well, Space. It shouldn't take a genius to be able to tell that the point this thread isn't to deny of what the overall records and standings say, but to show a trend. I like the entire season as a sample size as well - I'm perfectly fine with being 2 1/2 games out of first place and 1/2 behind the Yankees given how the season started.
    Posted by Flapjack07[/QUOTE]

Fo sho Flap.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I take offense with the comment about  the "dinosaur tour."

Also I am offended by the "chewable nugget" comment.

But other than that, I would say the Flapper is right on , as usual.

It's like deja vu all over again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Re:.722 in May,.688 since April 16th

Bump, with an update.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re:.688 in May,.667 since April 16th : Indeed it is Babe.  Bottom line is the bottom line.  But, whilst I understand your need to get the goat of any and all Sox fans, it actually is interesting, and sometimes important, to pay attention to trends when analysing performance.  In this case, the months body of work is interesting to examine because the horrific start still has some people's undies in a bunch and is hard to get past.  But since the month's sample size is significantly larger than the sample size of the horrific first two weeks or so, it is worth noting that this trend suggests that the nightmare is over and the Sox have moved on to playing quality ball.  And, in any case, I'm cool with the bottom line as a chewable nugget.  A couple games out of first, right in the playoff pack.  I'll chew on that just fine if you won't let me chew on .667
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Space, you are dealing with the most petty person on the forum in Babe.  You say something normal, he responds with childish nonsense.  He adds nothing to the forum, only drags it down.  I'd rather chat Yankee baseball with guys like Jete.  Now that is a cool Yankee fan.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Batting has come a long way in getting to play to expectation - still have upside on Pedey, Youk, Crawford, and even Salty.

Starting pitching started getting better in late April, but Lackey and DiceK being hurt hurts.  When they return, there is that upside on the rotation.

BP has not established any consistency, and has the talent to excel on a consistent basis - so there is tremendous upside in the BP.

All this upside bodes well for Sox for the rest of the reason.  But up to this point....

They have not played to their fullest potential, and lucky that other teams like Yanks & Rays didn't capitalize on Sox poor start, thanks to their own woes.  They have much bigger problem for rest of the season with little upside.  Again bodes well for Sox in the division.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I'm definitely digging the 7 game winning streak. Did the Sox even have a 7 game winning streak last year? Not to mention 1/2 game out of first heading into saturday's game with the cubbies. This team is starting to play like I thought it would.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I'm sure there will be some more bumps in the road, a few losing streaks, but I believe the way the team is playing now better reflects who they are.  If you discount their 2-10 start, and assumed they play how they have since then, the Sox are on pace to win 106 games.  Not saying they will, but it's just another reason to be optimistic after so much despair during the first few weeks. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Re:.700 in May,.676 since April 16th

Bump

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Bump                     

what no update;-)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In Response to Re:.700 in May,.676 since April 16th:
    [QUOTE]Bump                      what no update;-)
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]
    Actually, Zac, there was one. Laughing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

In Response to Re:.722 in May,.688 since April 16th:
    [QUOTE]Batting has come a long way in getting to play to expectation - still have upside on Pedey, Youk, Crawford, and even Salty. Starting pitching started getting better in late April, but Lackey and DiceK being hurt hurts.  When they return, there is that upside on the rotation. BP has not established any consistency, and has the talent to excel on a consistent basis - so there is tremendous upside in the BP. All this upside bodes well for Sox for the rest of the reason.  But up to this point.... They have not played to their fullest potential, and lucky that other teams like Yanks & Rays didn't capitalize on Sox poor start, thanks to their own woes.  They have much bigger problem for rest of the season with little upside.  Again bodes well for Sox in the division.

Posted by blingblang[/QUOTE]

What's to say, aside from your red flops colored glasses, that the Yanks have played to their full potential. They have quite a few guys performing under their norm as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re:.722 in May,.688 since April 16th : What's to say, aside from your red flops colored glasses, that the Yanks have played to their full potential. They have quite a few guys performing under their norm as well.

Are any of these guys under 35?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re:.722 in May,.688 since April 16th : What's to say, aside from your red flops colored glasses, that the Yanks have played to their full potential. They have quite a few guys performing under their norm as well.
    They also have Granderson in second in the league for home runs which I doubt will continue. It will be a tight race though.

May's been a great month for the Sox. Can't help but notice they pretty much righted the ship after May 6th, my birthday. ;)

EDIT: We jumped form 16th to 3rd on the ESPN power rankings. LOL!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Babe, bling said nothing unreasonable.  He said the Sox underperformed and were lucky the Yanks and Rays did not leave them in the dust.  Thus, we have a level playing field.  Which part of that post is wearing Red Sox colored glasses?  I think you read into things what you want to and respond with nonsense because you offer nothing else of value to the forum.

Sections
Shortcuts