7/17 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Niemann

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: 7/17 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Niemann

In Response to Re: 7/17 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Niemann:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/17 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Niemann : Zobrist right now may be their best hitter
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

he is 5K, with Longoria still not 100%

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/17 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Niemann : Got a couple hours? I have enough reasons to fill a set of Brittanicas. Nice sportsmanship dgale, but I don't agree and never the twain shall meet.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    It's not about sportsmanship. Just about giving credit where it is due.  I want to win this game as much as you do.  We should beat up on the Rays, but they remain very tough to beat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/17 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Niemann :   People are saying the sox deserve to lose because they have played like s**t. So many chances to score runs, none better than have the bases loaded no outs. And they couldnt even scratch across one run.
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

I understand that.  All I'm trying to say is in the end this is the best offensive team in baseball, but your going to have bad nights.  It says a lot about a team if you can find a way to win when your down and out.  Just saying, lets have a little "pride" in our team.  I know they aren't playing well, but if they don't deserve to win....then do the Rays deserve to win? what have they done to deserve to win over the Sox tonight?

You can make the argument that we managed to not score despite being walked 9 times...that also means THEY WALKED 9 BATTERS.  If we don't deserve to win...neither do they. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

you bet, can't go wrong!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I think the Sox deserve to win every night! :)

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

not a good showing that half inning

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

That was pathetic.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Gonzalez is just not right man, is his shoulder ok? I'm starting to wonder. P. Abraham says there's nothing to the derby slump, but I think I disagree.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Well, at least we didn't leave the bases loaded again.
    I have to give up ... not on the Sox, but on my eyes, which I can no longer keep open. I'll keep a good thought.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Looks like both teams making a statement they don't want to win.  It's a stalemate.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Oh brother, here come the big bats. Very concerned about this inning.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBabe-----. Show TheBabe-----'s posts

[QUOTE]0-6 from leadoff is pretty pitiful when Pedroia has been hitting well.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

1-13 from your 3-4-5 doesn't help either!!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Get the feeling that we could play all night and still not score a run.  Had golden opportunities, but could not come through. Seriously, do you really think that the Sox are going to win this?  Have seen this kind of game far too many times over the years. There is only one ending. A walkoff win for the Rays.  There is no other way for it to end.  Sad , but true.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Guess the manager knew what he was doing.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

DOn't let the cat out of the bag......

ummm..

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBabe-----. Show TheBabe-----'s posts

[QUOTE]Gonzalez is just not right man, is his shoulder ok? I'm starting to wonder. P. Abraham says there's nothing to the derby slump, but I think I disagree.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Nope...derby slump is supposed to pertain to the winner, which wasn't agone.

Cano is hitting .313 since the break....

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Wow, Longoria scared me on that one

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

If I'm not mistaken, when Eva hit that walk off hr in 09, it was off a rookie pitcher, I can't remember who. And I'll be danged if he didn't almost do it again tonight. Good grief.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

That was close....Didn't like the LHP facing Longoria there. Got away with it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

What is that like 6 of those near miss drives tonight? The Rays DO NOT deserve to win this game. LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

We will win this game, i have a strange feeling, Tampa shouldve been taken care of business at home... Lets Go Sox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!