7/17 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Niemann

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: 7/17 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Niemann

In Response to Re: 7/17 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Niemann:
    [QUOTE]Red Sox need a young RH OF with speed and high OPS v. LHP.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

You're incredible. You bring that up NOW? NOW? During that inning? Incredible.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Red Sox win the war of attrition.  Time for bed!
    Posted by crix[/QUOTE]

No sir!!  Time to fros t and finsh my donuts!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

dustin the win!! 3 hits two great defensive plays. reddick scored the lone run after the great catch.....

crawford backs. see everyone later tonight....upper, good to have you with us, don't be a stranger

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Smile

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/17 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Niemann : You're incredible. You bring that up NOW? NOW? During that inning? Incredible.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

unfathomable, considering the circumstances!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Too wired to go to sleep now. Tylenol PM's here I come. Night all......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

This is a bad game to lose, sorry for Rays, happy for Sox !

21 games over 0.500

1.5 games behind Phillies for best record

1.5 game ahead of Yanks, and 7 ahead of Rays

Watchout for the Rangers, who are on a 11-0 streak

Soooooo  long everyone !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

another horribly managed game by Francona. LMAO

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Red Sox need a young RH OF with speed and high OPS v. LHP.
    Posted by billbyboy"

Sounds like softy was enjoying the game and rooting hard for the home team as usual

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]another horribly managed game by Francona. LMAO
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

i was just going to give our manager props...a flawless coaching job...pitching changes were masterful

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/17 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Niemann : i was just going to give our manager props...a flawless coaching job...pitching changes were masterful
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Not to mention .... he stayed in charge and on the field (in the dugout)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]another horribly managed game by Francona. LMAO
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

No doubt about it, Francona is a genius. I was impressed, especially how he managed the 11th inning. You know, when Ortiz and Youk walked with no outs. Bingo, there it is, THE FRANCONA FACTOR. He pinch hits DMac for Drew. Everyone in the park and watching TV knows what he's up to. Don't you? DMAc is going to lay down a sacrifice bunt. LMAO, nope, with his anemic average, the genius figures he has a better chance of getting a hit than he does of sacrificing the runners to 2nd and 3rd. I don't have to look up stats, DMac gets a hit less than twice in 10 at bats. I wonder how many times he'd be successful in laying down a sac bunt if he had 10 chances at it? But we had no idea that they'd walk DMac, and Francona, in his infinite wisdom, knew it. Don't ask me how he knew, but I'm sure his minions will come up with exactly how he knew. Okay, bases loaded and no outs. The Sox are sure to score here, aren't they?? The manager will surely try to squeeze that, desperately needed, run in, won't he?? He used his masterful managerial mind and SAT & SPIT as he watched the players try to win the game. They looked for guidance and he SAT & SPIT, or STOOD & SPIT. To be fair, I'm sure he uttered words of encouragement, such as, GO GETTUM or YOU DA MAN or HANG IN THERE, YOU'LL GETTUM. Absolutely inspirational leadership!
    I can't wait to hear the excuses , this should be truly comical.
    I'm betting that he knows more than we do about his players, and having DMac bunt was inadvisable, since he has been having trouble shifting his feet to turn and face the pitcher, which he'd need to do in order to bunt effectively. Also, asking him to bunt would have been chancy, since he's been playing more than he's used to playing, and is in need of a day off. Who but Francona could have known these things?? Masterful managing job?? Absolutely, when you learn, after the fact, what Francona knew.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]If we don't push at least one across here, my cursing is going to wake the whole neighborhood.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Are you beginning to understand my frustration with Francona???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/17 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Niemann : Are you beginning to understand my frustration with Francona???
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

And how many runs did Maddon 'manufacture' last night?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

More drivel from 1941.  Tito has confidence in DMac to put a good swing on the ball, which he did.  He ended up with a walk and the Sox had the hitter who EVERYONE wanted up in a big spot, the heir apparent in rf, playing instead of Drew, etc.  The game was right there to be won and it didn't get done.  Bases loaded with no outs vs. 2nd and 3rd with one out in 1941's twisted world and 1941 is b!tching about Tito.  Too bad Tito couldn't grab a bat and do the job himself.  The Sox did not fail to score a run because of Tito, they failed because they struck out 2x in a row and popped out to the catcher.

In case you have not figured it out yet, the Sox don't like to give up outs via sacrifice bunts.  This is an organizational decision.  To sit here and be surprised and worked up because the Sox don't bunt in that spot is the definition of insanity.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

1941 is never happy unless he is miserable. His only happiness is annoying posters on BDC.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Yay! Sweet win.  I did stay up to see it all, but BDC freaked out on me again and I wasn't able to post my "Woot" until now!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Morning folks, long journey into night huh?..Tongue outWink

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Morning folks, long journey into night huh?..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

into morningYellTongue out

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/17 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Niemann : into morning
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] LOL..so, will Francona be suspending anyone?, technically they all broke curfew.Tongue out

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/17 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Niemann : Are you beginning to understand my frustration with Francona???
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]
    No ... was it his fault that Reddick and Varitek struck out and Scutaro popped to the catcher?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Kudos to all you East Coast folk -- J-Bay is the only one I know for sure, but I'm sure there were others -- who made it all the way through last night. I caved after 12th, I think it was, though I did check my phone when I woke up around 3.

Oh, and London ... heck, you're more East than any of us.

Sections
Shortcuts