7/26 Game Thread: Duffy vs. Miller

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: 7/26 Game Thread: Duffy vs. Miller

What's with the intentional HBP?  It was very obvious by Aceves and just as obvious by the Royals pitcher?  The pitchers have the fun, and the hitters pay the price.  Stupid.  Just plain stupid. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

I try to read all this, but im old, time for Momma and I to hit the bed, you young folks keep kicking butt so we see a win in the morning!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

this red sox team needs to do a whole lot better if they expect to win the division and advance in the playoffs...we look like a Tri County team out there lately

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnsoxcat. Show mnsoxcat's posts

I was just thinking, we haven't had too many HBP since Baltimore.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Agon needs to punch aceves in the head.  There was no need to hit the KC dude,

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Pedey sure seems to like the four hole this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: 7/26 Game Thread: Duffy vs. Miller:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry but the poster who keeps saying to put Aceves in the rotation is dead wrong.  He is so invaluable to this team, it's scary.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Geez. I'm sorry I even brought it up. It is all a matter of opinion. My opinon is that if Aceves had started , instead of Miller, then you would not have needed a guy like him in long relief.  He can be valuable as a starter or as a long reliever. It just comes down to which you think is more important.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Now that there's a momentary lull in the action, I'm going to re-post this lineup question for opinion. PD always rakes when they put him cleanup, so why not try THIS now and again with the full lineup: Ellsbury Crawford Gonzalez Pedroia Youkilis Ortiz Reddick Saltalamaccia Scutaro Crawford might benefit from being back in the 2 slot, and would have Gonzalez to protect him. I think it's worth a shot sometime.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Why mess with success?. The Sox rake with the lineup they have, so I wouldn't change anything.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Now that there's a momentary lull in the action, I'm going to re-post this lineup question for opinion. PD always rakes when they put him cleanup, so why not try THIS now and again with the full lineup: Ellsbury Crawford Gonzalez Pedroia Youkilis Ortiz Reddick Saltalamaccia Scutaro Crawford might benefit from being back in the 2 slot, and would have Gonzalez to protect him. I think it's worth a shot sometime.

I don't know Sarge, I would be okay with that lineup. I guess the argument might be that you would have three straight lefties at the top.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

I'm still worried, with the trade deadline, as Theo probably wants a right handed bat, preferably a right fielder and now, probably a starter, but maybe a good one in Ubaldo Jimenez. Unfortunately, either way, I think Josh Reddick has played himself into being traded.  Not sure that is a smart thing. and we could lose a lot more prospects for "gagne-like" disappointments.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/26 Game Thread: Duffy vs. Miller : I don't know Sarge, I would be okay with that lineup. I guess the argument might be that you would have three straight lefties at the top.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

True, but I'm assuming a right handed pitcher there. I'm just trying to see what would happen if Pedroia hit 4th more often.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

This umpire is brutal.  Aceves threw a curve practically in the center of the strike zone, and the ump called a ball.  Brutal.  But at least he's doing it to KC too. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Boy I hope Lackey is still on it tommorow night. Need at least 7 from him. I'll make it a special point to contact Sgt. Carter about this tonight, then touch base with him again about it in the morning so we can have strategy sewn up for our pre-game meeting. Gotta make sure the outfit is in line and dug in.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

CRAWFORD IS A CLEAR DISASTROUS SIGNING.
    ON A NIGHT WHEN THE RED SOX SCORE 12 RUNS,
    CRAWFORD IS UP TO HIS USUAL PRODUCTION...
    A K, A SQUIB GROUNDER THAT WAS CALLED A
    "HIT" AND A POPUP...HE IS NO BETTER THAN
    YAMAICO NAVARRO , A TRIPLE A SCRUB....AND
    THE SCARY THING IS WE KNOW THAT NAVARRO
    IS A SCRUB; CRAWFORD IS BEING PAID 142 MIL.
    FOR DOING THE SAME AS NAVARRO... HE DOES
    NOT DESERVE TO BE IN THE LINEUP...PERIOD !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Nice play Scut.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Great job by Aceves again tonight. Not always pretty but he's been very effective.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

TEK SUPPORT!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Okay. Now we need the extra point.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]this red sox team needs to do a whole lot better if they expect to win the division and advance in the playoffs...we look like a Tri County team out there lately
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

16-4 in July and it looks like it will be 17-4 in July.

Wow, that's terrible. They're lucky to be in the race.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Pretty good. Ellsbury doesn't even start and is 2 for 3. Where's softy when you want him?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Ells sure looks well rested after getting four innings off.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Pretty good. Ellsbury doesn't even start and is 2 for 3. Where's softy when you want him?

Yeah. And the out he made was hammered.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

After the game, Tito will be saying...'well yeah, josh is josh, we don't want to put undue pressure on him or his great play..so we hid him in the 8-hole'....wink, wink, nod, nod, and then we learn that he was moved to another team for a pitcher called "half a lackey"...just wait.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

The thing about Ells is not just his speed, but the guy really knows how to run the bases.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Looks like CC didn't get the no-hitter.