7/26 Game Thread: Duffy vs. Miller

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: 7/26 Game Thread: Duffy vs. Miller

In Response to Re: 7/26 Game Thread: Duffy vs. Miller:
    Crawford the last two games: 0 for 8  6 K's Any of us would do just as well.
    Posted by ADG

I like Craw. This is sad but true. Can I have the paycheck for the two games please? Thank you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Crawford becoming a strikeout machine.
    Posted by dgalehouse

It looks like he's pressing again. He's rarely looked relaxed and loose this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Crawford becoming a strikeout machine.
    Posted by dgalehouse

He has been really pressing every since the defensive misplay last night, trying to do too much at the plate now

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Scored 3, should have been at least 4.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

I guess Tito thinks we'll just out hit'em.  But giving both yook an els the same night off?  That makes no sense, Tito?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: 7/26 Game Thread: Duffy vs. Miller : He has been really pressing every since the defensive misplay last night, trying to do too much at the plate now
    Posted by westcoastsox9

Agree with you and roy both. Pressing. He'll snap out of it. The lineup I posted at the top of the last page might help him if Tito would give it some thought.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Raining hard with one out in the sixth at NY with NYY leading 3-0. CC could get credit for an el cheapo perfect game if it's called.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

I'm guessing Crawford sits Tomorrow?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

...oh, and now that the tarp is out at YS, I'm sure Babe will make an appearance on the forum.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Come on Miller give us some clean innings

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Raining hard with one out in the sixth at NY with NYY leading 3-0. CC could get credit for an el cheapo perfect game if it's called.
    Posted by TheExaminer

No he can't that doesn't count.....don't you know the rules of the game?  Ah I forgot this is RSN how silly of me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I've really had enough of this kid.  He sucks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Miller has absolutely nothing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

This guy Miller is nothing special. I can see why Detroit and Florida released him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

So much for giving Miller the lead. He's pounding the zone alright, how well we know it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Miller does not have it.  He helped for awhile, but everybody is on to him.  Time for plan B ... have PD pitch ....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

In Response to Re: 7/26 Game Thread: Duffy vs. Miller : The problem is that he could opt out if sent back to Pawtucket. Chances are some team would pick him up.  Not sure if that would be a bad thing, though.
    Posted by dgalehouse

Early in the year, I thought I heard that the Sox front office had added a creative clause to his contract to (attempt to) prevent another team from claiming him if he was called up and subsequently demoted.

According to the attached link, the Sox put a $3,000,000 vesting option in his contract for 2012. If any team tries to claim him, they must pay him the $3,000,000 option.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/andrew-millers-vesting-option/

Given the way he's pitched for us, against fairly weak offensive competition (SD, Pittsburgh, Houston, TB, Baltimore twice), I don't see any team claiming him (given the vesting option).

If another team would claim him, I don't think we've lost that much. The fact that he's left-handed is the only reason he's still with the big club and keeps getting chance after chance.

As you said, the overpowering fastball that was advertised has yet to be witnessed by anyone at the major league level this year (must be hiding out with Daisuke's famed "gyroball").

I'm not saying that I'm giving up on the kid but I think it's obvious that he's not ready/needs to go back to Pawtucket and work on his fastball command. 

I would have to think that a starting pitcher is Theo's biggest concern at this juncture (trade deadline) and that Miller might get to start Sunday but that will be it.   

Just my opinion. I'm sure others will disagree so fire away!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

There is no reason we shouln't be scoring 15 runs against the little royalettes..they are not a major league team. And if our pitching gives up more than 5 runs, that is even worse..these are the kc royals

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

I will never quit on my team, but Miller is unbearable right now, i need a break... im goin off for a bit!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Time for the one way ticket outta here.  Hey Terry they have 7, whatda you going to do about it???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Now this is just what I thought would happen. Miller's wildness is actually contributing to his mediocre success. When he starts throwing strikes? This is what's going to happen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Enough already.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

Really, very very tired of the Pawtucket try-out hit parade of runs early and often. Miller has nothing but will not be taken out until he gives up 7-12 runs.

Our pitching coach stinks. Enough with hiring the unemployable..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Oh come on ... where's the hook, Tito ... this is the KANSAS FREAKING CITY ROYALS!!!

Unbelievable.  This kid has absolutely nothing.  A batting tee in the making.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Aceves threw 46 pitches Sunday. Probably why they are sticking with Miller here, even though he is just terrible.

Sections
Shortcuts