7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey

In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey:
    In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey : don't forget Bronsen Arroyo....
    Posted by J-BAY

...for "Willy Mo, Willy Mo, Willy Mo". The Sox wanted a re-do on that one when the pitching fell apart in 06. As Marty Brennamen used to say "Willy Mo giveth, and Willy Mo taketh away."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

How about Dickie Thon ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

speed discombobalates

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey : it's ok but have I ever been unpleasant to YOU? 
    Posted by andrewmitch

No, just obstinate.   Tongue out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

pedroia made an out?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey : No, just obstinate.  
    Posted by joel49

aren't all Red Sox like that at least to an extent?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Missed it by that much

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

just another single from gonzo!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey : aren't all Red Sox like that at least to an extent?
    Posted by andrewmitch

I suppose it's one of our birth rights. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Life, Liberty, Property, and the Right To Be Headstrong about the Sox

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Gorman Thomas was another power-hitting CF from the 80's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey : aren't all Red Sox like that at least to an extent?
    Posted by andrewmitch

That's another reason I have fit in so well with RSN. I was always a much less relaxed Reds fan than the average. The anxst, the paranoia, the total intensity, the concern troll gene that we all carry--oh yeah, Red Sox Nation was a fit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yeah I'd say he was like Tony Armas

But we should define "Power CF"

I was meaning like a 4 tool guy

POWER of course

SPEED

DEFENSE

ARM

- - - - Don't care about batting average here..........That's why E Davis and D Murphy were good fits.........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Sox batting averages rising.  Adrian -  .351        Ells -  .325     Pedey - .308    Papi and Reddick also over .300   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey : That's another reason I have fit in so well with RSN. I was always a much less relaxed Reds fan than the average. The anxst, the paranoia, the total intensity, the concern troll gene that we all carry--oh yeah, Red Sox Nation was a fit.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Well, if it feels right...........

It's really bigger than just the game itself........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

THREE..........DO I HEAR THREE AND A HALF..........JOSH??????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

ya know was thinking about this recently. for all the heartache, i wouldn't trade being a sox fan for anything. it's not just a fan base, it's a religion...all religions. the yankees have the tradition, all the championships, but it's not the same. we have something special...an undying love for a team thats bonds us all together, win or lose

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I just want to continue to give props to Lackey.  This will be four in a row, I believe.  As pointed out here earlier, he should have gotten through the first without a run scored.  He had some balls hit hard tonight but he hung tough.  I think it's fair to say he is coming around, and I definitely do not have that "oh, no, not Lackey tonight" mind set anymore.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Not too many 1-2-3 innings the last two nights.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I just want to continue to give props to Lackey.  This will be four in a row, I believe.  As pointed out here earlier, he should have gotten through the first without a run scored.  He had some balls hit hard tonight but he hung tough.  I think it's fair to say he is coming around, and I definitely do not have that "oh, no, not Lackey tonight" mind set anymore.
    Posted by joel49

he seems calmer also joel. no antics on the mound that i could see.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

well yankee fans like winning because they like to p---- on everyone who isn't w/ them...it's almost as if they derive their entire self-worth based on their team's success

Sox fans love to watch their team and winning is a huge a bonus that is enjoyed amongst themselves

Joel - you should look up or compute Lackey's ERA and WHIP over his last 4 starts - I'd be interested to see that....fax them over to me and I'll look at it in the AM -ty

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Not too many 1-2-3 innings the last two nights.
    Posted by dgalehouse

true, but not on the other side either gale

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Sox batting averages rising.  Adrian -  .351        Ells -  .325     Pedey - .308    Papi and Reddick also over .300   
    Posted by dgalehouse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcZvSv_fZd0&feature=related whats this all about?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey : he seems calmer also joel. no antics on the mound that i could see.
    Posted by J-BAY

It's the gum.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

ya know was thinking about this recently. for all the heartache, i wouldn't trade being a sox fan for anything. it's not just a fan base, it's a religion...all religions. the yankees have the tradition, all the championships, but it's not the same. we have something special...an undying love for a team thats bonds us all together, win or lose
    Posted by J-BAY

My brother went to Fenway two years ago to watch the White Sox, and he said the intensity was something that caught him off gaurd. It's different than anywhere else. He wasn't expecting Sweet Caroline, and said it just about scared him to death when 37K yelled "oh, oh, oh". He wasn't expecting it. I said "yeah, and when that ball clanks off the Monster it makes a sound unlike any other." He just shook his head yes. He knew it all to well because that was a game the Red Sox actually beat up on Chicago. Lowell hit a GS.

Sections
Shortcuts