7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey

In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey : LA... San Fernando Valley Joel
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]

Chatsworth HS is a baseball factory, they put em' in the pro's often... Matt Dominguez,(Marlins farm), was his teammate, both picked top 10

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey : How was that dgale???
    Good.  I was just being facetious. Wrote it after he hit the ball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Thanks for the info, CMH.  Nice way to start.  Was hoping Adrian would join in the fun.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Bruce Chen has never impressed me. Surprised that he is pitching so well, this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Jacoby with the same number of bombs as Adrian on July 27th and only two behind Papi for the team lead. NEVER would have guessed that.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Dwight Evans also attended Chatsworth HS... Just a fun fact!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Joel: Quick note on the lineup change (that inserted Kevin Youkilis, moved Yamaico Navarro to the outfield, and took Josh Reddick out): "[Youkilis] came in and he said, 'There's really no reason for me not to play, I feel good,' " Francona said. "We weren't planning on playing him, but when he said it was fine, all it does is take an eraser. "Red's done great, but we kind of liked the idea of seeing Navarro out there, especially against a lefty." Said Reddick: "Just a day off, I guess." Really surprised that Crawford needs a day off already. Didn't he just sit for a month? Also, why bench Reddick when he's hitting over .400 against LHP (albeit 21 at bats)? This is Bruce Chen that we're facing, not Randy Johnson in his prime.
    Posted by CMHBOSOX[/QUOTE]
    Hard to figure Tito's reasoning there.  Youkilis plays , so then Reddick suddenly needs the day off?   All I can think is that they are showcasing Navarro for a possible trade.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Where's softie to bash Ellsbury?  Nice to chip at the stone.  BTW, can Pedey get any hotter?  Geez, he's smoking and I'm not talking bloop or seeing-eye singles or doubles.  He's doing his "laser show" thing in spades.  GO SOX!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Jacoby with the same number of bombs as Adrian on July 27th and only two behind Papi for the team lead. NEVER would have guessed that.....
    Posted by CMHBOSOX[/QUOTE]
    Ellsbury actually led the teams in homers in spring training. Did not seem like much at the time, but I guess it was a hint of things to come.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The whole key for Lackey is to keep the ball down. When he leaves it up, he gets hammered.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Rundown took a little too long.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

ells with as many hrs. as agon and pedy as many as youk what are odds on that!we really need to find another starter!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Hosmer really seeing Lackey well, gotta keep the bases empty when he comes up!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Whew, Lackey got away with one there. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Whew.  I would have to say that the Sox most pressing need at the deadline is for another solid starter. Jiminez would be nice , but I would settle for a Kuroda or Guthrie.  Someone of that caliber.  Buchholz seems reluctant to go all out. Now, he is going to see another Doc.   Talking end of August, at the earliest.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Watched the first inning from my ipod, and have three observations:

1. Top first--Sgt. Carter had a conversation with Lackey after this inning. It was not pleasant.

2. Bottom first--REVERSE PIVOT JACK!!!!

3. On this very forum last night I bet someone $200 million that King Felix would stop the M's losing streak today, but can't remember who it was. Be an honest citizen, reveal yourself and pay up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Dwight Evans also attended Chatsworth HS... Just a fun fact!

dewey didnt make the team as a sophmore, if i recall correctly. married his HS sweetheart. one of my all time favorite players.

watched the first inning on the deck with a drink....had to have another after the top of the first, then another to celebrate back to back. Wink

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I'd put a nice package together for the Giants for Jonathan Sanchez...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Recess at Clown College.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Nice baserunning by DMac there. Easily could have been a 9-6 fielder's choice.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey : he didnt make the team as a sophmore if i recall correctly. married his HS sweetheart. one of my all time favorite players. watched the first inning on the deck with a drink....had to have another after the top of the first, then another to celebrate back to back.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Susan, that's right

Came up as a third-baseman too

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Dare I ask what the "reverse-pivot" thing is all about?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

This is what you want to see and the way this lineup is structured. Bases Loaded no outs going into the top of the lineup

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Reverse pivot in repose.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey : dewey didnt make the team as a sophmore, if i recall correctly. married his HS sweetheart. one of my all time favorite players. watched the first inning on the deck with a drink....had to have another after the top of the first, then another to celebrate back to back.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Correct J-Bay... im a Dewey fan myself

Sections
Shortcuts