7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey

In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey : dewey didnt make the team as a sophmore, if i recall correctly. married his HS sweetheart. one of my all time favorite players. watched the first inning on the deck with a drink....had to have another after the top of the first, then another to celebrate back to back.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Dewey's HS sweet heart was one of your all time favorite players? Laughing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Way to take the walk. No need to try and be a hero.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Pedey

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Dare I ask what the "reverse-pivot" thing is all about?
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

I'd be only too glad. Softy started that to make fun of Ellsbury when he was struggling. Now it's a monstah beyond his control. The one thing Softy created that people actually like!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Come on, Adrian. Power up!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Ya know, its kinda weird we havent seen a Babe appearance yet! very odd!  He didnt even chime in to say go Royals..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Take off, Ells.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

If Jacoby doesnt steal 2nd, that hit gets through the gap prob

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey : Dewey's HS sweet heart was one of your all time favorite players?
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Wink.....and they're still married. get some sleep exam?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Ya know, its kinda weird we havent seen a Babe appearance yet! very odd!  He didnt even chime in to say go Royals..
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]

"Speak of the devil and the devil appears". If you post that three straight times he'll show up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Both pens have been used heavily.  Would think they are both hoping for some length from the starters. Could be tough, as Chen and Lackey both look shaky.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Ya know, its kinda weird we havent seen a Babe appearance yet! very odd!  He didnt even chime in to say go Royals..
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]

ya know whats weird. he posted on the forum today and believe it or not, was great. just talked baseball. no insults, attacks. even apologized to 5K. he knows his baseball and has a good sense of humor if he'd channel it the right way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey : .....and they're still married. get some sleep exam?
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Yeah some. More last night than Monday at least. Still not up to full speed. Had a couple blonde moments today at work.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey : Yeah some. More last night than Monday at least. Still not up to full speed. Had a couple blonde moments today at work.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

me too but i'm blond.Tongue out sometimes the no sleep catches up to you more the second day.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey : ya know whats weird. he posted on the forum today and believe it or not, was great. no insults, attacks. even apologized to 5K. he knows his baseball and has a good sense of humore if he'd channel it the right way.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

He reminds me of a guy I went to HS with that never took a bath. Everyone shied away from him and made fun of him--poor devil. Then one day he showed up in clean clothes having actually bathed. We were all so amazed that we were all friendly with him, even sort of had a good time. Funny thing was, before long he went back to his old ways. Hard to figure. Babe might do that same, but hopefully he's had an epiphany.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I am SO pleased Theo didn't go after Beltran.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I don't get the hatred towards Ellsbury.  He's a first rate ball player and fills 2 critical needs on the team............something ain't right there.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Beltran and Reyes are both toxic players.  In fact, I don't think I'd touch anything from the Met's organization for at least 5 more half-lives.......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]I don't get the hatred towards Ellsbury.  He's a first rate ball player and fills 2 critical needs on the team............something ain't right there.....

Me either 'Drew. If it were me I'd have him locked up for 4-5 years. He's awesome, and yet so many Sox fans are constantly critical of him. I don't get it. He's the best leadoff man in baseball except maybe Reyes. These sourpusses are gonna run him straight to NYY in 2013.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]I don't get the hatred towards Ellsbury.  He's a first rate ball player and fills 2 critical needs on the team............something ain't right there.....

exactly. either he has feeling for ells that he's not comfortable with or ells turned down his advancesUndecided SealedTongue out 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Well ... yeah.  It's been great to see "Jitterbug Jake" aka "Bellsbury" shut him up.  But he still has Jed to rag on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Beltran and Reyes are both toxic players.  In fact, I don't think I'd touch anything from the Met's organization for at least 5 more half-lives.......

even my name sakeYell

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey : exactly. either he has feeling for ells that he's not comfortable with or ells turned down his advances  
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Yer onto something there J., stay with it and see where it leads. Er, well, maybe it's better left alone. Nevermind....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Nice play.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Nice Play

Sections
Shortcuts