7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey

Congrats to the M's and King Felix for beating the Yankees and ending their losing streak. When they were in Fenway, you could see that they were still playing hard, had not given up. Wedge was making the right moves. Nice to see them end it against N.Y.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Eric Davis could have been the next Willie Mays

30 HR/60 SB/100 RBI/Incredible CF w/ an arm.......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey:
    [QUOTE]BINGO Eric the Red!!!!!! the next year RH - 85, 86 ED - 87
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Yip. Eric was my boy when I was in HS. Have all his rookie cards to this day. Great guy. If he hadn't been hurt so much, his numbers would have been monstrous--just couldn't keep off the DL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Lackey is getting flat out tattooed. That is enough.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Congrats to the M's and King Felix for beating the Yankees and ending their losing streak. When they were in Fenway, you could see that they were still playing hard, had not given up. Wedge was making the right moves. Nice to see them end it against N.Y.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]anyone else thinks we get queen felix this off-season?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The mid 80's had those Power Centerfielders

Eric Davis

Kirby Puckett

Dale Murphy

Who am I missing here?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Eric Davis could have been the next Willie Mays 30 HR/60 SB/100 RBI/Incredible CF w/ an arm.......

Yeah, the HR he hit of Dave Stewart in the first inning of game one in 1990 set the tone for that whole series. That's a really cool memory when I think about it. Nobody thought they'd win that WS.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Eric Davis could have been the next Willie Mays 30 HR/60 SB/100 RBI/Incredible CF w/ an arm.......
    Now, we are going to expect a trivia question every night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

oh yep was thinking of this guy not so much morales.. the new "way back" williams

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

That team was awesome in hindsight

Great rotation led by Rijos has that nasty slider but don't foget Danny Jackson and Armstrong had a good first half and Browning the perfect game

The Nasty Boys of course

that left side of the IF - Sabo and Larkin

And E

may have been the greatest upset since the 69 Mets???  88 Dodgers?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Even though Lackey was far from dominant tonight, he should have had a scoreless first (instead of the three that he gave up). The defense did him no favors to start the game. Even so, KC has hit him pretty hard throughout most of the game. It also could have been worse.

Nice job by Williams to get out of the jam.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

i know i'm tired, but didnt albers pitch  last night??

andrew, pettite was on ESPN radio a few weeks ago with michael kay. said he has ZERO interest in returning to pitch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey : anyone else thinks we get queen felix this off-season?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    Maybe you can get the Hulkster to have a talk with him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

lackey era 6.2 now
    shoulda been a 123 first
    he's definitely improved

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

another fine job by one of our THREE #5 starters. buch regressed today, we need a sure thing by trade dedaline

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

sure, I can try and give you some if you guys like that....I actually have a list of really hard ones my dad game me about a year ago.......I am still only like 1/3 down the list - very hard ones...........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

[QUOTE]The mid 80's had those Power Centerfielders Eric Davis Kirby Puckett Dale Murphy Who am I missing here?

our own ellis burks?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]The mid 80's had those Power Centerfielders Eric Davis Kirby Puckett Dale Murphy Who am I missing here?

Well, I can't forget 2 of my all time favorites

Fred Lynn

Robin Yount

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]lenny "juiced and now nailed" dykstra?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

ok, i'll say it this time, reverse pivot!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yes!  Add Burks!!!!!

Man I must be tired!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

few extra dents in the monstah tonight

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I was thinking Nails but he's such a bad scene now plus he didn't bulk up until the 90's

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]That team was awesome in hindsight Great rotation led by Rijos has that nasty slider but don't foget Danny Jackson and Armstrong had a good first half and Browning the perfect game The Nasty Boys of course that left side of the IF - Sabo and Larkin And E may have been the greatest upset since the 69 Mets???  88 Dodgers?

Could be. Chris "Spuds Makenzie" Sabo. They had Marino Duncan at 2nd, and Paul O'Neil in right, and a rookie at first--Hal Morris--who ended up having a solid big league career. They platooned at C with Jeff Reed and Joe Oliver. That worked well, kind of like what the Sox are doing now. Bench was solid too. Herm Winningham, Glenn "break the bat on my back" Braggs, Todd Benzinger, and Luis Quinones--who led the league in pinch hitting. And the Nasty Boys? Outta sight. No one had seen anything quite like them up to that point. You're right, great team. But like any Reds team, they never could carry success over from one year to the next. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Sox absolutely need another solid starter. The bullpen seems to be okay. The lefties both have live arms and good stuff.  They have not always gotten the job done, but I think they both can pitch better than what may be available out there.