7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey

In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey:
    i know i'm tired, but didnt albers pitch  last night?? andrew, pettite was on ESPN radio a few weeks ago with michael kay. said he has ZERO interest in returning to pitch.
    Posted by J-BAY

$15 million to pitch in Aug, Sep and possibly Oct?

PEDitte is a greedy SOB

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey : Maybe you can get the Hulkster to have a talk with him.
    Posted by dgalehouse
    the hulkster? i hate that guy i never watch wrestling or reference him, what would possibly give u that idea brotha?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OV. Show OV's posts

Greetings... this  offense sure covers up a lot of mediocre pitching... I am the Master of the Understatement.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Machine

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Way to go. Can never have too many runs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

The mid 80's had those Power Centerfielders Eric Davis Kirby Puckett Dale Murphy Who am I missing here?
    Posted by andrewmitch

Fred Lynn
    Andre Dawson (when he was in Montreal)
    Chet Lemon
    Cesar Cedeno & Rick Monday (had power in the 70's and lost it as they got older in the 80's)
    Andy Van Slyke

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Glenn Braggs had arms thicker than my legs!

Mariano Duncan - do you know he came up as a SHORT STOP w/ the Dodgers....and was a SWTICH HITTER?

I sat on a flight next to Dibble...seemed like a nice guy but still a little too cocky for me........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

is gonzo a singles hitter now?  not that i'm complaining

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Oh Slyke - nice one

Totally forgot the Hawk

I was thinking Chet but not sure he's in their league

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

So why are the days of the Power Centerfielder Gone??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Glenn Braggs had arms thicker than my legs! Mariano Duncan - do you know he came up as a SHORT STOP w/ the Dodgers....and was a SWTICH HITTER? I sat on a flight next to Dibble...seemed like a nice guy but still a little too cocky for me........
    Posted by andrewmitch

LOL...and that incident in the WS with Braggs was no fluke. He did it two other times in the regular season. He'd was so muscular that he'd swing and miss and break the bat on his back. True story.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

is gonzo a singles hitter now?  not that i'm complaining
    Posted by soxnewmex
    must be eating chicken, nailing flight attendants and channeling his inner boggs!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey : the hulkster? i hate that guy i never watch wrestling or reference him, what would possibly give u that idea brotha?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

"Superstar" Billy Graham fan , myself.  Hulk stole most of his stuff.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey : LOL...and that incident in the WS with Braggs was no fluke. He did it two other times in the regular season. He'd was so muscular that he'd swing and miss and break the bat on his back. True story.
    Posted by TheExaminer

yeah i actually thought he should have gotten more playing time over O'Neil

PS - no mention of Billy Hamilton ??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey : $15 million to pitch in Aug, Sep and possibly Oct? PEDitte is a greedy SOB
    Posted by andrewmitch

greedy or not, he doesn't need the money. i don't think there's a chance he comes back.  i think the yankees are going to have some down years. the core 4, aren't so core anymore. rivera is no longer unhittable and posada, jeter and even arod on the downside of their careers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey :   "Superstar" Billy Graham fan , myself.  Hulk stole most of his stuff.
    Posted by dgalehouse

whatcha goona do brotha when the commie and all his maniacs run wild on you with these 22 inch pythons?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

He hasn't needed the money since 2003.......

the Core 4 thing is a joke mainly because it ingores Bernie Williams but also because it fails to acknolwedge the fact that PEDitte left for Houston for more $ and/or Big Stein didn't want him back.........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I wouldn't mind seeing Francouer as our missing OF piece.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I talked about Franceour back in May.....If you don't believe me.....don't you think I am constantly sending Theo emails about alternatives to Right Field??!???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey :   "Superstar" Billy Graham fan , myself.  Hulk stole most of his stuff.
    Posted by dgalehouse
    seriously, graham was good in his day. too bad the steroids got to him. but hulk is/was the man. the all-time icon, the ali and babe ruth of wrestling. the best look, the most believable, best voice, best mic skills, best finisher, best gimmicks, the shirt rip, theme music.. kinda of like boston's own john cena in his day! rock, stone cold were also faves.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey : yeah i actually thought he should have gotten more playing time over O'Neil PS - no mention of Billy Hamilton ??
    Posted by andrewmitch

You mean Billy Hatcher? And you're right for scolding me! How could I have forgotten HIM? What a player! Still has the record for consecutive hits in the WS. But as far as Braggs goes, O'Neill was much better. Sometimes Lou would platoon a little when a lefty was pitching, but Paul got probably 75% of the playing time. Braggs could hit the ball a mile--provided he ran into it--which wasn't often enough. He'd hit around .250 or so if I remember with around 12-15 hr. O'Neil would be more in the .270 range, with 20-25 hr power (back when 25 meant something). He elevated it to another level when he went to NY. That was a bad trade for the Reds. Got Roberto Kelly for him, who never amounted to much. Meanwhile, O'Neil went on to torment RSN. We're REALLY sorry about that! LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Man I gotta miss the first hour tomorrow but then I am cranking up my radio at 2:30 sharp and if anyone comes near my office they will be met with a dirty look in the neigborhood of me watching Drew K  out looking.......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Lloyd Moseby and Devon White also had decent power for CF's in the 80's.

I think Murphy and Davis were in a league of their own as they could hit 30+ with regularity but the others we've mentioned usually hit around 20 each season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: 7/27 Game Thread: Chen vs. Lackey : seriously. graham was good in his day. too bad the styeroids got to him. but hulk is/was the man. the all-time icon, the ali and babe ruth of wrestling. the best look, the most believable, best voice, best mic skills, best finisher, best gimmicks, the shirt rip, theme music.. kinda of like boston's own john cena in his day!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Still no P.E.D. testing in wrestling.  Many of them died young.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Luis Gonzales was a good CF, but I don't think he came along until 90-91.

Sections
Shortcuts