7/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

7/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber

Cant believe no game thread but here we go

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wlbpatriotsfan. Show wlbpatriotsfan's posts

Re: 6/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber

Looks like another low scoring game.  Humber in his last two starts gave up 10 runs in 9.1 innings to the Tigers and Twins and was dropped from the starting rotation. He now returns to baffle the high-scoring Red Sox.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

evening westcoast-wondering if everyone thinks the game is at 8:00 due to the hour time difference. red needs to beat the white!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Hi, guys.  I checked last night's thread and saw less than a hundred posts.  Could go lower tonight. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I'm getting sick of the Red Sox' inability to beat the White Sox.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Hows it going J-BAY, hope our boys can just pull one out tonite, i dont care how its done, but we need a win against this team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: 6/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting sick of the Red Sox' inability to beat the White Sox.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]
    Should be able to break that skid tonight.  Some teams just have their way with others for periods of time.  Look what we've done to the O's and Yanks.  Similarly there was a time when TB couldn't beat us and later a time where we struggled against them.  None of it makes much sense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Hi, guys.  I checked last night's thread and saw less than a hundred posts.  Could go lower tonight. 
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

perfect new england weather and the two biggest vacations week all year, joel

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Its really gonna be a long nite with those generous calls behind the plate

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Hows it going J-BAY, hope our boys can just pull one out tonite, i dont care how its done, but we need a win against this team.
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]

i hate must win, but with buehrle/miller tomorrrow, this may be our best chance

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Does anyone see this wide strike zone? I hope he is calling both sides of plate like that with our lefty goin tonite...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

hey dude who started the thread, its 7-30 not 6-30!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

nyy won the first of the double header 8-3, leading the second 5-0 after 1. so much for splits

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

forgot to ask all u boston fans the last time, what are ur thoughts on the pats bagging haynesworth and ocho? who are the baseball equivalents right now?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]hey dude who started the thread, its 7-30 not 6-30!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

That was all me CC... was rushing to get one up... It was already bottom of the first!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]nyy won the first of the double header 8-3, leading the second 5-0 after 1. so much for splits
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Yea usually with a double header there is always a split but that Baltimore team has been playing so terribly lately, Im surprised they won yesterday.  I bet Showalter feels like an idiot from those preseason comments and will tuck his tail between his legs and hold his tongue next time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: 7/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber

Beautiful play by both Youk and Gonzalez.  Can't teach that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber : Should be able to break that skid tonight.  Some teams just have their way with others for periods of time.  Look what we've done to the O's and Yanks.  Similarly there was a time when TB couldn't beat us and later a time where we struggled against them.  None of it makes much sense.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]joel, this is a god gauge. istarted a thread the other day about perhaps the sox needing to create some buzz in lieu of what the pats are doing. we are the most spoiled fans. everyone is now overloading the pats board and anticipating the season. baseball has become SECOND in the hearts and minds. winning just isnt good enough anymore. theo needs to pull all the stops for a jimenez just to get interest in the brand before mid-september. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

WOW !!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I don't think it is an accident that the ChiSox are beating us on a regular basis. I think it comes down to scouting and execution.  More so than the other clubs that I have seen , they have an excellent idea of how to go after our hitters. It is a very good game plan and they have quality pitchers who execute it very well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

hope we start hitting again/yanks are looking to pass us up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Hell of a play Youk, and nice play by the GG 1B too

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

gale, it's just how the game goes. when someone can explain it to me, i'm all ears

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Wake up offence!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

I think Zach Britton was brought up prematurily.. 7-0 Yanks 1st inning... yikes, they wont have any bullpen for tomo at this rate!