7/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: 7/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber

BTW, Indians got Jimenez

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: 6/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber

In Response to Re: 6/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber : Yea usually with a double header there is always a split but that Baltimore team has been playing so terribly lately, Im surprised they won yesterday.  I bet Showalter feels like an idiot from those preseason comments and will tuck his tail between his legs and hold his tongue next time.
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]i'm in baltimore watching us on threadand o's on tv. britton su-cks the big one. got bombed worse than we beat him the last time. showalter may not be afraid, just doesnt have the horses. o's need another cal ripken month to generate some interest in their team. jeter may have 4000 hits by the end of this season if he got to play the 0's every week

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think it is an accident that the ChiSox are beating us on a regular basis. I think it comes down to scouting and execution.  More so than the other clubs that I have seen , they have an excellent idea of how to go after our hitters. It is a very good game plan and they have quality pitchers who execute it very well.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

It comes down to matchups.  For some reason, the Sox can't hit Gavin Floyd which is mind boggling to me.  They also have trouble with Buehrle and Danks as well.  It makes you not want to see these guys in round one of the playoffs, that's for sure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber : joel, this is a god gauge. istarted a thread the other day about perhaps the sox needing to create some buzz in lieu of what the pats are doing. we are the most spoiled fans. everyone is now overloading the pats board and anticipating the season. baseball has become SECOND in the hearts and minds. winning just isnt good enough anymore. theo needs to pull all the stops for a jimenez just to get interest in the brand before mid-september. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    Interesting take, C-C.  FWIW, I hope they don't empty the farm for Jimenez.  Except for his pre AS start last year, he has been pretty ordinary.  Unless Curt Young sees something that can lead to improvement, I wouldn't do it.  I'd rather see them get a low cost acquisition, and I'm hoping that will be Harden.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: 7/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber:
    [QUOTE]BTW, Indians got Jimenez
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Thank G-d. I didn't want him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Yankees still batting in the 1st. Nine runs in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]BTW, Indians got Jimenez
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Wish I'd seen that before my long winded post.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

They better get in gear because it looks like the Yankees are going to sweep a double header against Baltimore. They just scored 7 runs in the first inning.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Well folks, the Indians landed Jiminez.  Good for them and good for their fans.  They were due for being a deadline "buyer".  To some extent, maybe this will propel them to the AL Central winner and will allow us to not see these White Sox in the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

i literally feel pity for the o's.. noone's out.. just peppering, everyone has a hit.. cano almost had a HR before a single.. now swish went deep for a 3 run job. 12-0

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber : Wish I'd seen that before my long winded post.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

heard on the pre game sox were looking at harden, thought it was a better bet than Bedard

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]gale, it's just how the game goes. when someone can explain it to me, i'm all ears
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    J-BAY , Maybe it is just a coincidence, a fluke. I don't know.  My feeling is as I stated. They have a very good idea of how to pitch to our hitters. And they are executing it perfectly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I hate this under-achieving White Sox team with the clown they have as a manager and yet we cannot beat them. Plus I have to listen to Harrelson withat he gone crap. The way he talks about them you would figure they were the best team in baseball instead of the under achieving bunch of clowns they are.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

o's will have post traumatic shock syndrome after this season is over... cant pitch, cant play defense, cant block the plate.. pitiful.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

time for o's to hit someone, for they arent afraid of no stinkin NY or boston

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber : J-BAY , Maybe it is just a coincidence, a fluke. I don't know.  My feeling is as I stated. They have a very good idea of how to pitch to our hitters. And they are executing it perfectly.

like i said gale, when someone can explain this game to me, let me know. every team has that one team they can't beat. no reason for it, just the way it is. could be scouting, could be nothing, just the way it is

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber : hi steve. ya  i agree i'm alway  leary of pitchers from the NL to to the AL , especially the east. i know yanks and sox are looking for help this year, but i still think bedard would be a good pick up, if he can stay healthy and get back on track
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

It wasn't that; they were talking about him like he was Gibson (which he was for 1/2 season last yr); when really, he's more like an AJ Burnett.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Wow that's cool that Aviles is already here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I don't agree at all that Ozzie is a clown. He may get carried away sometimes, but he is a very good manager. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Uncle already on that oriole game... How is the weather in New York, any chance of a monsoon coming in... would love for them to be able to hit the reset button on that game

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Wow, Dunn is slow.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

o's.. 12 runs only 6 earned.. most runs ever scored by the yanks in its history.. wow! only the o's

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Well, it is nice to see a pitcher field a ball and turn and make a perfect throw to second.  That play seems simple , but often gets messed up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]I don't agree at all that Ozzie is a clown. He may get carried away sometimes, but he is a very good manager. 

Ehh, a very good manager?  This White Sox team has been underachieving for several seasons now.  Part of that is due to poor front office decisions, but part of that has to rest on the manager's shoulders.  He'll always be able to find a job because of his personality an appeal, but other than that he isn't anything special.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber : It wasn't that; they were talking about him like he was Gibson (which he was for 1/2 season last yr); when really, he's more like an AJ Burnett.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

which was my point about coming to the ALE, what does jete call it...the roughtest neighborhood in baseball? an ace in any other division is at best a #3 in the ALE, which tells you how good sabathia, beckett and lester are.