7/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: 7/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber

In Response to Re: 7/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber:
    In Response to Re: 7/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber : Absolutely, can't just let him get ahead in the count so he can get you out with his best pitches.
    Posted by dgalehouse

And yet, our guys so often do take that first strike to a fault.  That's why I'm so  surprised tonight.  As some here know, I am a big proponent of swinging at the best pitch, which so often is the first one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

wow guys, this is the closest 15-0 game by the 2nd inning i have ever witnessed! this could end up 25-0! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: 7/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber : Yea but something is up because Jiminez start was scratched
    Posted by westcoastsox9

they just reported he's warming to pitch in colorado, so no deal yet

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

You guys may have to retract your negative comments about Jiminez. He may be pitching for us yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Fister for Furbush...............hehehheheh
    Posted by tcal2-
    fister, furbush and cuntz are talking at third base in seattle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

You guys may have to retract your negative comments about Jiminez. He may be pitching for us yet.
    Posted by dgalehouse

don't mind if we get him, gale, just dont want to give up too much. at best he'll be a #3

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Posted by dgalehouse

I stand by my earlier post.  He is not the pitcher we should be going after.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: 7/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber : And yet, our guys so often do take that first strike to a fault.  That's why I'm so  surprised tonight.  As some here know, I am a big proponent of swinging at the best pitch, which so often is the first one.
    Posted by joel49

You are in good company there. The ( arguably ) greatest hitter in history felt the same way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Posted by dgalehouse

I have no negetive opinion on Ubaldo, i just feel like we shouldnt dump all of our top players in the farm for him... I do like him tho and believe he can pitch in NY and Bos without any mental issues

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: 7/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber : I stand by my earlier post.  He is not the pitcher we should be going after.
    Posted by joel49

joel, dont know if you saw my earlier post, but pre game said sox were also looking at Harden.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

I mentioned in the Royal's game earlier this week, that it looked like the Sox were showcasing Navarro. Sure enough, traded for Aviles. Nice to see Aviles report so quickly. Guess he is pretty happy about the deal.
    Posted by dgalehouse
    this means scut is out after this year. will be a platoon with aviles and lowrie next year if not now. aviles kills lefties, lowrie kills only righties. scut is average against everyone. nice call by theo. needs  a stud pitcher though and a more proven rightie outfileder.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Give Ozzie some credit for getting Humber out of there and having the lefty ready. Papi may have broken it wide open.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

SALTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by J-BAY
    another good theo call! btw, drum roll.. o's just got a hit.. ready to have the biggest comebak in mlb history

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: 7/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber : joel, dont know if you saw my earlier post, but pre game said sox were also looking at Harden. Posted by J-BAY

Yes, I saw it, J.  I think reuniting Harden with Young could work out (and for a whole lot less).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: 7/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber : don't mind if we get him, gale, just dont want to give up too much. at best he'll be a #3
    Posted by J-BAY

The last I heard, they wanted Ranaudo and Middlebrooks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I mentioned in the Royal's game earlier this week, that it looked like the Sox were showcasing Navarro. Sure enough, traded for Aviles. Nice to see Aviles report so quickly. Guess he is pretty happy about the deal.
    Posted by dgalehouse

You think?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Cant expect Jiminez to pitch well tonite after being scratched and then placed back in the game and still knowing he may be traded...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Jon cruising on a low pitch count (52).  Should be good for at least seven.  I'd like to see eight.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: 7/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber : another good theo call! btw, drum roll.. o's just got a hit.. ready to have the biggest comebak in mlb history
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

There is a better chance of the tsunami ( that steven mentioned earlier ) wiping out the game than of the O's coming back.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: 7/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber : You think?
    Posted by joel49

Yeah, maybe he was afraid they would change their mind.  Stereotypical outhouse to the penthouse scenario.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Meanwhile, back at the ranch , Lester is dealing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber : this means scut is out after this year. will be a platoon with aviles and lowrie next year if not now. aviles kills lefties, lowrie kills only righties. scut is average against everyone. nice call by theo. needs  a stud pitcher though and a more proven rightie outfileder.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QU       Actually Lowrie kills lefties , not righties. Would not surprise me if Jed is traded before the deadline. Do not need two backup infielders.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: 7/30 Game Thread Lester vs Humber : You think?
    Posted by joel49

no happier than Beltran being traded to the Giants. They said it took him all of 10 minutes to pack up his locker, say good bye and he was out of there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

A minor deal. Rangers got O's reliever Uehara.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

A minor deal. Rangers got O's reliever Uehara.
    Posted by dgalehouse

Another very happy ball player, I would venture to guess.

Sections
Shortcuts