7/6 Game Thread: Romero vs. Wakefield

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Re: 7/6 Game Thread: Romero vs. Wakefield

In Response to Re: 7/6 Game Thread: Romero vs. Wakefield:
    In Response to Re: 7/6 Game Thread: Romero vs. Wakefield : Isn't Nomar married to one of the players?
    Posted by TheExaminer

One of the greatest....Mia Hamm, now retired.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Ok, rain delay discussion. Assuming these scores hold up, the Sox will be witin 1/2 of the Yankees at the start of Thursday's play. The Rays go to NY for 4. Who are we rooting for? Now that sounds like a no-brainer at first, but what say you? Normally you'd want the Yanks to lose so the Sox could get into first, but do you think it might also be important to BURY the Rays before we have to go down there after the break? I say we might root for a series split at least, or should we be rooting for a sweep either way? I myself am not sure where I stand on this yet. What does everyone else think?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

...addendum....to level the tables, let's assume the Sox sweep the Orioles this weekend. That may or may not happen, but for argument's sake, let's say that's how it ends up. Or, at least winning 3 of 4.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Ok, rain delay discussion. Assuming these scores hold up, the Sox will be witin 1/2 of the Yankees at the start of Thursday's play. The Rays go to NY for 4. Who are we rooting for? Now that sounds like a no-brainer at first, but what say you? Normally you'd want the Yanks to lose so the Sox could get into first, but do you think it might also be important to BURY the Rays before we have to go down there after the break? I say we might root for a series split at least, or should we be rooting for a sweep either way? I myself am not sure where I stand on this yet. What does everyone else think?
    Posted by TheExaminer

Cannot bring myself to root for the Yankees unless it meant the pennant or wild card for the Sox.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: 7/6 Game Thread: Romero vs. Wakefield : Cannot bring myself to root for the Yankees unless it meant the pennant or wild card for the Sox.
    Posted by dgalehouse

Well, I guess it's less about actually "rooting" for them, than it is about for once not being completely engulfed in blind rage when they win--like I usually am. lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

ABY.....regardless of against whom. BTW, damon was hit by a pitch in the hand and left the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

prefect time for the frst runs of cakes .../.

back in 15

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

ABY.....regardless against who. BTW, damon was hit by a pitch in the hand and left the game.
    Posted by J-BAY

Spoken like a grizzled, true Sox fan j-bay! Asdrubal Cabrera singlehandedly shut down the Blankees in the 8th. I heard that about Damon. Hurt bad, or do you know? Be nice if he was hurt just enough to be out when we go there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OV. Show OV's posts

Evening all... how long they saying the rain will last?

And on a rain delay discussion... Pawtucket was in town the last two days... Weiland pitched a gem, looked real good... nice pace, nasty curve... wonder if he'll get a chance?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Posted by TheExaminer

I can't root for the Yankees under any circumstance (unless it's for them to lose). I'd prefer that TB sweep them and then get swept by us the following weekend. I don't think either of those will happen but one can hope. In all honesty, despite the losses TB had this off-season, I fear them more NY in a short series.

I have a feeling we're going to struggle with Baltimore this weekend. We have a tendancy to play down to the level of the competition. Plus, it seems like we've struggled with them since Buck became their manager. I'd be very happy with three out of four.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

In Response to Re: 7/6 Game Thread: Romero vs. Wakefield : Spoken like a grizzled, true Sox fan j-bay! Asdrubal Cabrera singlehandedly shut down the Blankees in the 8th. I heard that about Damon. Hurt bad, or do you know? Be nice if he was hurt just enough to be out when we go there.
    Posted by TheExaminer

I hadn't heard about Damon. ESPN shows the following:

Rays DH Johnny Damon left the game with a bruised hand after being hit a pitch for the second time. He underwent X-rays, but Maddon said afterward there were no broken bones and Damon could play this weekend against his former team, the Yankees.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: 7/6 Game Thread: Romero vs. Wakefield : I can't root for the Yankees under any circumstance (unless it's for them to lose). I'd prefer that TB sweep them and then get swept by us the following weekend. I don't think either of those will happen but one can hope. In all honesty, despite the losses TB had this off-season, I fear them more NY in a short series. I have a feeling we're going to struggle with Baltimore this weekend. We have a tendancy to play down to the level of the competition. Plus, it seems like we've struggled with them since Buck became their manager. I'd be very happy with three out of four.
    Posted by CMHBOSOX

I have a nagging fear of Baltimore too, trying to ignore it. I agree. I'd be very happy with 3 of 4. That'd be a 5-2 homestand, and I'm with that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

tarp coming off the field.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Yanks just walked in a run. Now 4-0, Tribe. Bases still loaded and only one out (bottom of 8th). Sizemore up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Indians bolt out in front 5-0 in the 8th.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

5-0 Indians mitre gave up 2 runs on 3 walks, hit and sac fly. walked in a run

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The Yankees suck.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

game will resume 10:05 wheeler coming in to finish the 8th

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

i hope the yankees never win another game period.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Yanks mounting a slight comeback. Now 5-3 with two outs in the ninth.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Wheeler dealing since the DL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OV. Show OV's posts

Stick with Wheeler.... Paps make me nervous.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Posted by canetime

in a perfect world ....   :oD

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Posted by canetime

Perchance to dream? Well, they won't win another game before tommorow. 5-3 Indians, it's a final.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Yanks Loooose!

Sections
Shortcuts