1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Re: #7 was a cheater too.

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Mickey corked his bat enroute to the triple crown.

My favorite polish boy was the last guy to win the triple crown.  This has nothing to do with anything, I just like carl yazz!

Speaking of yazz, I ignore mryazz because he's not worth my time.

The last guy to win was last season Miquel Cabrera, but you're right about mryazz.

And Cabrera on a tear this season too.

Sure, go ahead and burst my bubble Wink Being half polish carl yazz was a favorite at my house. 

I enjoy heated debates as you well know as long as people stay relativley civil.  We all get caught up in the moment at times but I think it's important not to start with the ugly names. I really do ignore people like mryazz and some others.  My rule is, if I wouldn't sit and have a drink with a poster in the real world then I won't talk to him or her on-line.

Quite obvious you have much more class than I do 67 :-)

LOL, twm! 

It is my hope that we all meet some day in heaven and have a game, kind of like field of dreams so I have to be on my best behavior Innocent I fail more than I succede but the definition of a saint is a sinner who doesn't give up!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

My favorite polish boy was the last guy to win the triple crown.  This has nothing to do with anything, I just like carl yazz!

The last guy to win was last season Miquel Cabrera, but you're right about mryazz.

Sure, go ahead and burst my bubble Wink Being half polish carl yazz was a favorite at my house. 

I enjoy heated debates as you well know as long as people stay relativley civil.  We all get caught up in the moment at times but I think it's important not to start with the ugly names. I really do ignore people like mryazz and some others.  My rule is, if I wouldn't sit and have a drink with a poster in the real world then I won't talk to him or her on-line.

LOL, twm! 

It is my hope that we all meet some day in heaven and have a game, kind of like field of dreams so I have to be on my best behavior Innocent I fail more than I succede but the definition of a saint is a sinner who doesn't give up!!!

My best friend growing up was Polish his grandparents fled the old country and Hitler's army.

I spent a lot of the holidays in their home as an adopted Irish son.

Great food and great times.

My friend's father was a hugh Yaz and Ted Williams fan and possessed a gifted great sense of humor.

Timing is everything.

Every year on my birthday wherever he is my friend calls me and sings happy birthday to me in Polish.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

You said:

"The Greatest Yankees of all time with the exception of Ruth were home grown."

I asked if Roger Maris was home grown.

Gee pike that must mean that I don't consider Maris one of the greatest Yankees of all time.

Maris isn't in the hall for having one great season the same reason he isn't one of the greatest Yankees ever.

top 5

Lou Gehrig

Ruth

Dimaggio

Mantle

Berra

You put Berra 5th?

Are you kidding?

Mariano Rivera? I am not a huge Jeter person, but he has had a better career (IMO) than Berra. Jeter has 1200 more hits.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

You said:

"The Greatest Yankees of all time with the exception of Ruth were home grown."

I asked if Roger Maris was home grown.

Gee pike that must mean that I don't consider Maris one of the greatest Yankees of all time.

Maris isn't in the hall for having one great season the same reason he isn't one of the greatest Yankees ever.

top 5

Lou Gehrig

Ruth

Dimaggio

Mantle

Berra

You put Berra 5th?

Are you kidding?

Mariano Rivera? I am not a huge Jeter person, but he has had a better career (IMO) than Berra. Jeter has 1200 more hits.

I have to agree with you.

Mo could be in the top 5.

Certainly a debatable issue.

Why I mentioned there were two still playing who I thought should be in the top 10.

Did you see Berra play? I remember all those great series when I was a kid, against the Brooklyn Dodgers, the Milwaukee Braves. Yogi was a force in all of the series he played either hitting or catching.

He had a brilliant career. 10 ws rings, 3 MVPs, 15 as games is difficult to ignore.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

LOL, twm! 

My best friend growing up was Polish his grandparents fled the old country and Hitler's army.

I spent a lot of the holidays in their home as an adopted Irish son.

Great food and great times.

My friend's father was a hugh Yaz and Ted Williams fan and possessed a gifted great sense of humor.

Timing is everything.

Every year on my birthday wherever he is my friend calls me and sings happy birthday to me in Polish.

My mom's parents came from poland and my dad's parents came from ireland, grew up with golumpkies and corned beef and cabbage. Intense slav and irish temper, that explains a lot!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Another thing about Yogi, when Elston Howard came on the scene Yogi went to the outfield without a peep, for the good of the team.

That was 1961.

Compare that to Posada and the way he behaved when his position was challenged.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to trantor's comment:

Why is a Red Sox fan named BosoxJoe concerned about Yogi's ranking on that list?

Why do you think pike?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

The Yankee lineup was full of many Italians. It was a demographic thing since NYC was populated with millions of Italians.  It was smart of them to fill their roster with Italian players in a city mostly Italian.  The Dodgers and Padres are doing the same thing with their roster in filling it with Hispanics.

Sadly the Red Sox tried to fill their lineup with Irishmen but they couldn't play baseball that well and owner Yawkey, GM Cronin, and racist manager Pinky Higgins hated blacks.  This is why Boston spent so much money and never won pennants during those decades.

The Yankee line-up was full of many Italians?

When the hell was that pike?

Like it was a target.

Can't think of a time when that occured.

Rizzuto, DiMaggio and Berra?

Quick, find me three Italians who will eventually make the HOF and sign them, not because they can play the game but because NY is mostly Italian?

When was NY ever mostly Italian?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

I don't know about the corked bat, but I do know the parks for the most park were much larger than they are today.

have you ever been to old yankee stadium?  i had the pleasure of going there probably 100+ times.  ever see the RF dimensions at Yankee stadium?  Imagine being a power hitter and playing 81 games a year there. 

regardless whether or not i saw #7 play live and in person does not and cannot change the fact that Mickey Mantle was a cheater.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

I don't know about the corked bat, but I do know the parks for the most park were much larger than they are today.

have you ever been to old yankee stadium?  i had the pleasure of going there probably 100+ times.  ever see the RF dimensions at Yankee stadium?  Imagine being a power hitter and playing 81 games a year there. 

regardless whether or not i saw #7 play live and in person does not and cannot change the fact that Mickey Mantle was a cheater.

Yeah I saw Mantle play many times in the old Yankee stadium long before GS bought the team and renovated it

CF was 461' in those days and the monuments were right on the field in dead center

Most of his homeruns in YS were hit to right and left center.

Didn't make a difference his homeruns typically would have left any park in baseball and usually did.

I was right when I figured you never saw him play and also that you were just another cheap shot artist.

Hanging your hopes on a bat that no one knows if was ever used.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Here is my all time favorite Yankee lineup.

Catcher: Yogi Berra
    1st base: Jason Giambi
    2nd base: Tony Lazzeri
    3rd base: Mike Pagliarulo Shortstop: Phil Rizzuto
    Outfield: Joe Dimaggio
    Joe Pepitone
    Lee Mazzilli
    Pitchers: Dave Righetti
    Vic Raschi
    DH: Steve Balboni
    Mgr: Joe Torre
    Bench: Billy Martin, Frank Crosetti, Joe Girardi,
    Rick Cerone

You forgot

Colavito, Broaca

Billy Martin's real name was Billy Martini

And your point is?

Is this a tribute to Yankee ballplayers of Italian heritage?

I hope so. Great Italians in every walk of American life.

Probably be dumb to point out that they all didn't play on the same team.

The Red Sox never had Italian ballplayers?

I'd look them up but it isn't worth the effort because their were tons of them as their have been with the Yankees.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Years ago I got fed up with the Rubik's cube. I wasted a few days on it. I found a new way to solve the puzzle. I threw it against the wall and put it together with all sides the same color.

Just like Capt. Kirk, I do not believe in the no-win scenerio.

Cheating???...well, you can call it that. I prefer to say I found a new way to solve the puzzle.

Theres a cleaner way. If you take the stickers off one of the center sections (not all the stickers, just one if the middle ones) theres a little door under there that you can open up. Thats what hides the screws that hold the cube together. Unscrew one of them and the whole cube comes apart. Then you just reassmble it with all the colors together. The last piece is the hardest to snap back in. But youre right, throwing it against the wall may also work, and may also be more spectacular........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

I was right when I figured you never saw him play and also that you were just another cheap shot artist.

Hanging your hopes on a bat that no one knows if was ever used.

i have been on this thread for a couple months or so....hmmmm....maybe a bit more, yes?  no?.  i have a couple, three, four posts under my belt and will certainly take a shot at the yankees whenever possible.  i wouldnt call it a cheap shot though...i would call it a cheat shot.  just like your boy MM.

wax all you want about how old you are.  big deal if i never saw him play in person.  doesnt change the fact that your hero cheated the game of baseball.

clown that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The Yankee lineup was full of many Italians. It was a demographic thing since NYC was populated with millions of Italians.  It was smart of them to fill their roster with Italian players in a city mostly Italian.  The Dodgers and Padres are doing the same thing with their roster in filling it with Hispanics.

Sadly the Red Sox tried to fill their lineup with Irishmen but they couldn't play baseball that well and owner Yawkey, GM Cronin, and racist manager Pinky Higgins hated blacks.  This is why Boston spent so much money and never won pennants during those decades.

Bwahahahaha this is the funniest thing I have ever read.  Oh man.  Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Whitey Ford, Lou Gehrig.  Some might consider those guys to be some of the better Yankees of all time.  Those are some regular Italian names right there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

do you know why so many new yorkers are called tony ?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Joe Pepitone
    Lee Mazzilli
    Vic Raschi
    Rick Cerone

You forgot

Colavito, Broaca

Pike, why didn't you just edit your post,??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Joe Pepitone
    Lee Mazzilli
    Vic Raschi
    Rick Cerone

You forgot

Colavito, Broaca

Pike, why didn't you just edit your post,??

Of course, there was that NYer who played for the RS: Petrocelli

And other RS:

Conigliaro (Both)

Frank Malzone

Lou Merloni (Now an announcer)

John Valentin (How soon we forget)

Doug Mirabelli

Ken Aspromonte

John Marzano

Bernie Carbo

Joe Cascarella

Phil Gagliano

Jeremy Giambi

Frank Viola

Dom DiMaggio

Ski Mellilo

Ed Romero

Eddie Pellagrini

Sam Mele

Al Zarilla

Ted Lepcio

Jim Pagliaroni (Bonus Baby mentioned In Bouton's Ball Four)

Billy Consolo (Bonus Baby mentioned often in TW's Definitive Biography by Leigh Montville)

And now Shane Victorino

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

so really we shouldn't be surprised that the tradition continues in the Bronx.

A Mickey Mantle game used bat was xrayed and discovered that it was drilled and corked.  this is the first proof of the claims of the longtime clubhouse attendant that always said Mantle corked.

atta boy Mick!!!

Who gives a crud?  Really? 

Ty Cobb was a cheater ... he wore his cleats high, sharp and mean ... in the end, if he didn't have the grit to get it done and intimidate others ....

I would hate to see what we might be able to dig up on our headless hero, Teddy. 

I'm all for balancing the field and  being fair ... but every generation has figured out how to "take an advantage"

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Wjy was George Herman Ruth who wasn't even Italian called the Bambino by Yankee fans? Isn't "bambino" an Italian word for baby or toddler?

Did you really just ask why a guy named Babe Ruth was given a nickname that means baby or toddler in Italian?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.