4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: #7 was a cheater too.

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

In response to upperco1's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

The Yankees during most of Mantle's career were loaded with talent ( they had a major league minor league affiliate in Kansas City).  During those years the Red Sox were out of the race by the All Star game. Mantle's corked bat wasn't the difference. In the playoff game of 1978 a corked bat was the difference.

Refer to the book 

The Kansas City A's and the Wrong Half of the Yankees: How the Yankees Controlled Two of the Eight American League Franchises During the 1950s 

The KC episode was quite the scandal, and this type of exploitation was done by others, notably (on even a greater scale) by Mr. Rickey at St. Louis & Brooklyn. (It didn't work in Pittsburgh) The Dent corked bat was hearsay, not that it wasn't true (It probably was). But don't overlook the assistance of the Green Monster, as articulated by Yaz on the hit.

Yaz has always said it was a "served up pitch" , Get the facts instead of always spewing your imagination

"Yaz said that it was a served up pitch", you say. Give me a source for this quote and I will send you a check .  Never heard that and I have read everything, I thought.

Both Yaz and Dewey were on a local TV show being interviewed. Casual living room, fireplace type of gathering and both of them said Torrez served it up. Ex Yankee Torrez....... Yaz said that everyone knew Dent had only 1 pitch that he could handle with power and he couldn't believe that Torrez threw him one. Can't remember what type of pitch but they were vehement about it. 10-12 years ago I saw this. Go to Ft Myers next spring and ask him..

The previous post by NHSteven is a personal insult to you.. You should report him.

Apparently, you've overlooked his vile, venting and obsessed comments to me. Regardless, I've had 1 moniker the past 8 yrs; how many have you had? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In response to stapleton's comment:

There is no way that Yaz ever said on camera (or radio/print) that Mike Torrez intentionally "served up" a pitch to Bucky Dent...that is ridiculous.  That would have been HUGE....MAJOR....local sports news at the time and you would have heard that accusation recounted in the media countless times in the 34 years since.  That's absolutely ridiculous.

Call NESN and ask them about a fireplace chat interview the broadcasted with Yaz and Evans about 12 years ago. Pay them for the transcript and then you can apolgize to me

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

For whatever reason, Grey Flannel Auctions has withdrawn this item. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In response to stapleton's comment:

There is no way that Yaz ever said on camera (or radio/print) that Mike Torrez intentionally "served up" a pitch to Bucky Dent...that is ridiculous.  That would have been HUGE....MAJOR....local sports news at the time and you would have heard that accusation recounted in the media countless times in the 34 years since.  That's absolutely ridiculous.

Call NESN and ask them about a fireplace chat interview the broadcasted with Yaz and Evans about 12 years ago. Pay them for the transcript and then you can apolgize to me

I believe you but unfortunately the Forum now is inhabited by trolls, concern trolls, and rival fans. The real Sox fans have left. Never really understood why Yankee fans come here with the sole purpose to annoy us. They should be watching their Yankees, watching or listening to Francesa, or be contributing on Yankee forums. This forum is dying and you can blame it on the trolls and those who find them to be entertaining and funny.

Past tense (dead) would be more appropriate.