7-year, $142...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from billybang. Show billybang's posts

7-year, $142...

oh boy....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

Re: 7-year, $142...

He hasn't lost as many games as Mr. Minimum Wage Daniel Bard.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fgug. Show fgug's posts

Has Francona ever done anything EXCITING? He has men on 1st and 3rd, one out and speed at the plate. Have Crawford bunt and it scores a run and AVOIDS the game ending DP. If executed, it puts a man in scoring position. But not Fleet thinking Francona. How they have won two World Series with this inept strategist  is beyond me. Anyone have any thoughts?
    And lets giive a big shout out to the 98 MPH loser  Daniel Bard.  He thinks just because he throws that hard that nobody can hit him. Wake up Dan! These are major league hitters you are facing. Time to conjure up ANOTHER pitch...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

...trying to think of any other $100 million players that've have grounded into game-ending double plays...

Nope. Turns out Crawford's the first. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saluda. Show Saluda's posts

great point Fgug

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billybang. Show billybang's posts

Or better yet a $100 million dollar ball player hitting .200 with 13 RBI

Can't think of none

7-year, $142...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

He managed 3 clinching games in 2004 and 2007- I thought that was exciting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Oh yeah and we have 6 more long years to regret this contract. a 20 million dollar a year slap hitter... Otis Nixon has to be frustrated.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

SMH 

Ye of little faith. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: 7-year, $142...:
    Has Francona ever done anything EXCITING? He has men on 1st and 3rd, one out and speed at the plate. Have Crawford bunt and it scores a run and AVOIDS the game ending DP. If executed, it puts a man in scoring position. But not Fleet thinking Francona. How they have won two World Series with this inept strategist  is beyond me. Anyone have any thoughts? And lets giive a big shout out to the 98 MPH loser  Daniel Bard.  He thinks just because he throws that hard that nobody can hit him. Wake up Dan! These are major league hitters you are facing. Time to conjure up ANOTHER pitch...
    Posted by fgug

My thought is this: Francona grew up in major league household and has been playing and coaching baseball his entire adult life.  You, on the other hand, have never done more than watch a few games on television after a so so career as a little leaguer.  Who do you think knows more about managing a baseball team? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

...you can't steal first base.

zero plate discipline.

missed fastballs right down the pike last night.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CORRADJ. Show CORRADJ's posts

Wow, the guy homers earlier in the game to give us the lead on a night when nobody else was hitting, not to mention the fact that he has 3 walkoff hits this season already - more than anyone else on the Sox, and we kill him over this? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Wow, the guy homers earlier in the game to give us the lead on a night when nobody else was hitting, not to mention the fact that he has 3 walkoff hits this season already - more than anyone else on the Sox, and we kill him over this? 
    Posted by CORRADJ

I totally agree with you.... this is a ridiculous post and anyone who judges a player after this short a period of time knows squat about baseball....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

In Response to Re: 7-year, $142... : I totally agree with you.... this is a ridiculous post and anyone who judges a player after this short a period of time knows squat about baseball....
    Posted by CASox

You guys are right.  It's just the way it is in Red Sox Nation..............

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Crawford up at the end, one out, runner on third and first, great time to put the squeeze play on. If Crawford is capable of excuting it, it would have turned the momentum around.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I have no time bashing Crawford but I think everyone picked the wrong time to do it.  The guy scored the only 2 Sox runs tonight including that homerun.  Can't we save this until tomorrow if he goes 0-4?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

I have no time bashing Crawford but I think everyone picked the wrong time to do it.  The guy scored the only 2 Sox runs tonight including that homerun.  Can't we save this until tomorrow if he goes 0-4?
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

Exactly.  I have a feeling the people bashing him will be eating crow by the end of the season.  He's been a .300 hitter practically his whole career and he'll get it back eventually.  He'll be ok for the life of his contract.  His contract is not just for this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

as i've stated many times in the past, why be mad at CRAWFORD?
    how about targeting that anger at the idiot who gave him all that money;
    one THEO EPSTEIN.
    and ,yes, TITO is a terrible field manager. he's been that since day one, so why is anybody surprised?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Wow!  This thread took a really bad and ugly turn.  NOBODY has mentioned race other than YOU.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNS14. Show RSNS14's posts

Crawford is having what I would call a "lost year". The pressure of living up to that contract has obviously effected him and not only is he not hitting, his defense is abysmal, and his base running looks below average. He'll come around though eventually. 

Soxmeister, no reason to start throwing around the race thing. Nobody in their right mind can say Crawford is playing up to expectations. 10 extra base hits in 81 AB's? That's pretty bad my freind.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3af33d1381-851c-4883-9f1a-3508b4f94944&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:f33d1381-851c-4883-9f1a-3508b4f94944Post:b69ea455-029d-4000-9903-472b8667b487">Re: 7-year, $142...:
    In Response to Re: 7-year, $142... : I totally agree with you.... this is a ridiculous post and anyone who judges a player after this short a period of time knows squat about baseball....
    Posted by CASox

You guys are right.  It's just the way it is in Red Sox Nation..............

actually, it's just the way it is in "bandwagon" red sox nation............

we're still a half a game out of first place and the chicken littles are running around totally amuck.
    beckett brings us back tonite. bank on it and quit the freaking whinning.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

hey hammah,

lucky for the SOX that the AL EAST IS MEDIOCRE or they would really be sucking fumes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

Crawford is having what I would call a "lost year". The pressure of living up to that contract has obviously effected him and not only is he not hitting, his defense is abysmal, and his base running looks below average. He'll come around though eventually.  Soxmeister, no reason to start throwing around the race thing. Nobody in their right mind can say Crawford is playing up to expectations. 10 extra base hits in 81 AB's? That's pretty bad my freind.
    Posted by RSNS14

OBAMA is having a better year than CRAWFORD.
    the only RACE CRAWFORD should be associated with is the PENNANT RACE.
    he might want to get involved.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Didn't Crawford score the only 2 runs for the Red Sox? 

And where is it written that bunts automatically work?  He could have popped up the bunt, leading to a DP.  He could have missed and the suicide squeeze would have resulted in the runner being out at home.

If you want to criticize, then criticize Lowrie not trying to steal second or at least not putting on a hit and run.  But then again, if they were holding Lowrie at first, keeping him there opens up a hole on the right side of the infield for the left hitting Crawford.

And did someone mention how clutch Crawford had been in the past.

I looked it up in my crystal ball.  If Crawford had bunted he would have popped it up to the catcher who would have doubled Drew at third and the whiners would have been all over Crawford for not being able to bunt (how can a major leaguer not know how to bunt) and Tito would have been criticized for having the most clutch hitter on the team laying down a bunt.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3af33d1381-851c-4883-9f1a-3508b4f94944&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:f33d1381-851c-4883-9f1a-3508b4f94944Post:b69ea455-029d-4000-9903-472b8667b487 " /> Re: 7-year, $142... : In Response to Re: 7-year, $142... : I totally agree with you.... this is a ridiculous post and anyone who judges a player after this short a period of time knows squat about baseball.... Posted by CASox    You guys are right.  It's just the way it is in Red Sox Nation.............. actually, it's just the way it is in "bandwagon" red sox nation............ we're still a half a game out of first place and the chicken littles are running around totally amuck. beckett brings us back tonite. bank on it and quit the freaking whinning.

Posted by Hammah29r2

Well, afterall hammah.........B is for Bandwagon, growing strong since 2004!!

Sections
Shortcuts