7-year, $142...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

Re: 7-year, $142...

hey babe,

"after all" is 2 words. here's 2 more words--GET LOST.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

In Response to Re: 7-year, $142...:
    [QUOTE]Crawford is having what I would call a "lost year". The pressure of living up to that contract has obviously effected him and not only is he not hitting, his defense is abysmal, and his base running looks below average. He'll come around though eventually.  Soxmeister, no reason to start throwing around the race thing. Nobody in their right mind can say Crawford is playing up to expectations. 10 extra base hits in 81 AB's? That's pretty bad my freind.
    Posted by RSNS14[/QUOTE]

Stats mean zippo ... you WATCH him win games, you saw him hit a clutch HR last night.   If a guy's only hit every game is the game winner, and he is batting .220, you would rank on him, huh?  

PD is sucking eggs, why aren't you same guys going after him?  Isn't he the one who tripped on the bag, then his own feet, costing the Sox a run?  He should have been on 3rd.   This thread SHOWS you guys are singling CC out. 

I am white, it is obvious the hatred started for Crawford when he hadn't even settled in yet.  It is NOT the end of the season, is it? 

So why are you guys already dissing Crawford, instead of supporting him?
    Pathetic.  That is what this is.   Especially in lieu of him hitting that HR last night.

Go after the Afro-American, not the stupid blonde headed reliever who coughed the game up.  Yup.  No racism there at all.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

ok, soxmeister is on a crusade. he feels CRAWFORD has done great so far , and if any of us don't think that, then, obviously, we're racists.

ok, PEDEY has wet the bed so far this year; however, PEDEY isn't being paid 20 million/year. also, PEDEY has proven he can perform in the BIG MARKET SPOTLIGHT; CRAWFORD hasn't proven a thing.

so, soxmeister, call me a racist if it makes your puzzle fit, but the fact is CRAWFORD is and will be another  major THEO blunder.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Crawford singled, hit a homer, hit a liner that Ocab made a nice play on, so he was swinging well all night.

The odds of him getting doubled up are decidedly in the Red Sox favor, if that ball is couple of feet in either direction, it is a tie game.  Really a bad break more than anything.  I was thinking he might pop up, but I sure didn't think he was going to ground into a DP.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Yazzer shouldn't be taken seriously. He doesn't take himself seriously. He is just enjoying irritating other posters.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]as i've stated many times in the past, why be mad at CRAWFORD? how about targeting that anger at the idiot who gave him all that money; one THEO EPSTEIN. and ,yes, TITO is a terrible field manager. he's been that since day one, so why is anybody surprised?
    Posted by the-yazzer[/QUOTE]

Theo didnt give him that money..The OWNER had to OK it, so ultimately it was Henry that said yes..And its henry that has to OK all the larger deals ie; Lackey, Beckett and Crawford... What the heck do all of you care how much a billionaire spends..Its not your money..I dont see any yankee fans complaining about their payroll..But then again, I guess some arent happy unless their complaining..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Blame it on the rain.

Who's at fault?  Who is to blame? Who should be singled out for chastisement?  Is that all some of you think about when the sox lose?  Nothing inherently wrong with that i guess.  Indeed, there is always blame to go around.  But that is about the least enjoyable thing I could imagine to do 60-80 times a year.  S**ks that they lost.  Wish D Bard had some more late life on that 98 mph heat.  Wish Crawford didn't ground into a DP to end it.  Shoot, i wish Dustin didn't mash the bag at second and injure himself: if he is in there, he makes that play that started the deciding 8th for the Indians.  But why spend all that negative energy ripping on these guys?  Isn't that tiring?  It would be for me.  But, different strokes i guess.  Thats what makes internet forums lively.  But I seriously don't know how you sustain that negative energy all season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Assuming that someone is negative, is assuming that they are indeed a fan. That is a big assumption.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

your-echo, you're pathetic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

hey southpaw,

some aren't happy unless they're rationalizing.
    HENRY hired THEO to be the expert on players' performance.
    based on THEO'S track record of wasted money, i now believe that JOHN HENRY must have adopted THEO. why else would he still be employed?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It is OUR money....Unless the owners are literally paying these guys out of their own pockets the money comes from the fans...........this is the same flawed logic where some people actually believe that public school, social security, etc etc is FREE!!!!!  simply amazing.........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

it's not 'SIMPLY AMAZING' andrew, it's 'SIMPLE SOUTHPAW.'

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

It's too bad Crawford's contract can't be voided, ab initio. Even around is career averaeges, other than throwing money in a black hole, there aren't any worse ways to blow 142M than on Carl Crawford the scatback with the high mileage and ugly swing.

I was hoping the Angels or Yankees would save Theo from the mistake. No, winning a WS does not validate that 142M contract. See AGon for what a superstar is, and see Crawford for what a bust is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Crawford is having what I would call a "lost year". The pressure of living up to that contract has obviously effected him and not only is he not hitting, his defense is abysmal, and his base running looks below average. He'll come around though eventually.  Soxmeister, no reason to start throwing around the race thing. Nobody in their right mind can say Crawford is playing up to expectations. 10 extra base hits in 81 AB's? That's pretty bad my freind.
    Posted by RSNS14[/QUOTE]
     You can only really talk of a "lost year" after the year don't you think?  Papi was having a lost year in '09 and '10.  How did that turn out?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 7-year, $142... : Stats mean zippo ... you WATCH him win games, you saw him hit a clutch HR last night.   If a guy's only hit every game is the game winner, and he is batting .220, you would rank on him, huh?   PD is sucking eggs, why aren't you same guys going after him?  Isn't he the one who tripped on the bag, then his own feet, costing the Sox a run?  He should have been on 3rd.   This thread SHOWS you guys are singling CC out.  I am white, it is obvious the hatred started for Crawford when he hadn't even settled in yet.  It is NOT the end of the season, is it?  So why are you guys already dissing Crawford, instead of supporting him? Pathetic.  That is what this is.   Especially in lieu of him hitting that HR last night. Go after the Afro-American, not the stupid blonde headed reliever who coughed the game up.  Yup.  No racism there at all.  
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]The color issue here is of course GREEN don't you think?

JD Drew has been a target on BDC and similar places for fans to air their frustration for pretty much the entire length of his contract and it isn't about his race. John Lackey is another guy who gets his share of the rath of the Angry Bill's of the world.

The frustration with Crawford is two fold. One he isn't playing like he did in Tampa and he isn't playing up to the contract and the hype that goes with that.

I think the player will replace Drew as a long term subject of debate in part because how he played in Tampa wasn't worth the size of his current contract, so even when he gets it back on track there will be lots of people pointing out his warts.

But you are right that to tag him as a goat in a close loss is short sighted. He should have been hitting away, the RS are on the road and they should be playing to win at the top of the 9th not surrender an out for a tie. That is what the percentages dictate and the game is about using the percentages to dictate tactics and then it is up to the players on both side to determine the result. He put the ball in play on a well pitched ball, the Indians executed an excellent turn of the double play.

Why many fans can never tip their hat to a worthy opponent is beyond me...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

Agree with the thinking that this will be a "lost year" for Crawford.

Who knows why that happens? Curtis Granderson only hit .257 in his first year in NY last season. He looks a whole lot more settled in this time around. Things happen when you go from small market expectations to big.
    But Boston's playing considerable better of late and so is Crawford. With his start, he'll have a very difficult time putting up numbers comparable to prior seasons but he's a good ballplayer and will still manage to do plenty of good things before the year is out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't Crawford score the only 2 runs for the Red Sox?  And where is it written that bunts automatically work?  He could have popped up the bunt, leading to a DP.  He could have missed and the suicide squeeze would have resulted in the runner being out at home. If you want to criticize, then criticize Lowrie not trying to steal second or at least not putting on a hit and run.  But then again, if they were holding Lowrie at first, keeping him there opens up a hole on the right side of the infield for the left hitting Crawford. And did someone mention how clutch Crawford had been in the past. I looked it up in my crystal ball.  If Crawford had bunted he would have popped it up to the catcher who would have doubled Drew at third and the whiners would have been all over Crawford for not being able to bunt (how can a major leaguer not know how to bunt) and Tito would have been criticized for having the most clutch hitter on the team laying down a bunt.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

I believe the term you and Tito should have been looking for was "SAFETY SQUEEZE" !! Yea, what were the odds of Crawford hitting a hard grounder right to second because... when he's not wiffing at pitches or popping out to an infielder, so far this season, he's hitting a weak grounder to 2nd or first and that should have scored the run. All Players have bad spells and I don't dislike Crawford, in fact I just traded a couple of players for him in my fantasy league because I feel he will come around, however once again it all comes down to Tito and his unwillingness to try something different. Unlike some managers, Madden and Scoscia come to mind, playing defense against the sox is pretty easy. They know there is zero chance Tito calls the play so it isn't even in the back of their mind so the pressure of it don't exist !! I would have more respect for the guy and challange his ability less if occasionally he stopped chewing gum and flashed some kind of sign that took a litttle guts to call !! Sending runners on 3-2 counts don't really add up to being a Bobby Fisher of the baseball world.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Tito is easy to manage against. Infielders can always hang back.