1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: 71 games

In response to jackbu's comment:

71 is the number of games which Ortiz missed last season.  I am not sure what the red sox front office is thinking when they offer this clown a two year deal.

Ortiz will no doubt miss a lot of games next season.  He will no doubt go 2 for 20 many times.  He will also get his hits and homers but they will be once again off bad teams and bad pitchers.

"Clown"?  Bad start, Bozo.

Would you care to give a statistical breakdown of your claim that he got his hits in 2012 off bad teams/players at a higher rate than other batters?  Or are you just another one of the the "I can see with my own eyes" guys that "knows" only what they think they remember?

I think that is such a stupid assertion I can't be bothered to check very deeply, but a cursory check reveals his 2012 OPS was:

• 1.571 vs the Yankees
    • 1.274 vs the As
    • 1.300 vs the Tigers
    • 1.144 vs the Rays

He slaughtered the Nats at 1.400 but only over 12 PAs.  The Orioles owned him (.460) over 42 PAs.  .111 vs the Braves (9 PAs).

Overall, he had the 2nd highest OPS in the league....some poor splits, some great splits, and, overall....great.

Can you explain how he got all his hits off poor teams/players?  Probably not, I'll guess.

In the immortal words of Bill, when discussing Josh Beckett's fantastic 2011 season and pressed to explain his negative view of it "I don't remember him winning any big games".  I'm sure you don't, mate, I'm sure you don't.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

you seem to want to ignore he missed half of last season for a strain and got better for his contract signing, and once again has a strain.  not to mention he is out of shape.  do you have handy his stats for his last two post seasons? i think one appearance was 1-13

I'm ignoring nothing.  I just pointed out that your comments are wrong and indefensible.  Prove me wrong;  show me how Ortiz feasted on weak teams and pitchers in 2012....or admit that you are wrong about that.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to Yonkersman's comment:

Burrito told J-Bay to stop being so serious the other night. He said that getting mad at an Internet personna is irrational. Yet Burrito gets mad when insulted by Internet personnas. Where is the logic or consistency. Why expect honesty or sincerity from others when you forgive faux personnas?  Guess that Burrito is confused or not very brilliant.

Or drunk. But he is funny, and you know how I feel about funny. I still miss babe.

There are several ways to spell "Burrito" apparently, so exactly which Burrito was it?

I think this was pre-smurfing B. Yonkersman is a pretty old pike alias.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I thought anonymous people on the internet always told the truth.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

72 games and counting.  No doubt the total will be at least a half season.  Any takers on if the number goes over 100?

Yes, we're all impressed that you can count that high...

Sections
Shortcuts