1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Re: 71 games

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to jackbu's comment:

He had me laughing this morning more then most clowns do, when he kept saying his achilles is fine but now it is a heel problem. Ortiz is already trying to collect another 4 million on next year's salary.

Your the clown here chump.

yet not signing him seems to be looking better and better all the time

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

you seem to want to ignore he missed half of last season for a strain and got better for his contract signing, and once again has a strain.  not to mention he is out of shape.  do you have handy his stats for his last two post seasons? i think one appearance was 1-13

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

you seem to want to ignore he missed half of last season for a strain and got better for his contract signing, and once again has a strain.  not to mention he is out of shape.  do you have handy his stats for his last two post seasons? i think one appearance was 1-13

I'm ignoring nothing.  I just pointed out that your comments are wrong and indefensible.  Prove me wrong;  show me how Ortiz feasted on weak teams and pitchers in 2012....or admit that you are wrong about that.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to Yonkersman's comment:

Burrito told J-Bay to stop being so serious the other night. He said that getting mad at an Internet personna is irrational. Yet Burrito gets mad when insulted by Internet personnas. Where is the logic or consistency. Why expect honesty or sincerity from others when you forgive faux personnas?  Guess that Burrito is confused or not very brilliant.

Or drunk. But he is funny, and you know how I feel about funny. I still miss babe.

There are several ways to spell "Burrito" apparently, so exactly which Burrito was it?

I think this was pre-smurfing B. Yonkersman is a pretty old pike alias.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to UnionFallsNY's comment:

After listening to comments from David Ortiz this morning, I guess I will have to rename this thread, 71 plus games.

Seems David is in agreement with us that he will not be starting this opening day. Did anyone catch the number of times he said it was not the achilles?  If david can persuade the front office that the achilles is better and now there is a new problem, he stands to collect another 4 million dollars next season.

Now that it is painfully obvious the front office made a mistake in signing Ortiz, there is one blogger who can only say that it is not our money so why should we care.  Well I go to games and would like to see a good team on the field.  Throwing money at guys who admit to being 37 but could be 42 and injured half of last season, is not putting the best team on the field.

This thread and post  was brought up to the top from last November. Did it take you a long time to find it? What was your motive? I hope that Papi recovers and is able to have a productive season. How about you?

I don't start many threads so this stayed on my home page.  I don't go looking for old threads, despite what you may think and another may tell you.

There is really no motive except to write a few lines about someone who I feel should not have been signed this off season.

Sure I hope he recovers but I doubt he has a good season. I had a nice weekend watch the sox and lester. The money spent on Ortiz should have been spent on other young players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Did Ortiz get into any spring training games over the weekend?

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

That is amazing oldie on quickly you respond to my posts.  What did you do from my last post on Saturday until now?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

That is amazing oldie on quickly you respond to my posts.  What did you do from my last post on Saturday until now?

I hit some balls then bench pressed. You?

Good, if only we can get Ortiz to do the same thing then we could hope he gets back in the line-up before the all star break.  You have to admit this thread was a good call.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Good, if only we can get Ortiz to do the same thing then we could hope he gets back in the line-up before the all star break.  You have to admit this thread was a good call.

I doubt it he is washed up. They never should have given him that kind of money. He won't hit til July 30.

Then we are pretty much in agreement.  Fair market value for a guy his age is all one can ask for.  I am sorry he was under paid thru 07,   I don't believe in paying people for they used to do.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

I doubt it he is washed up. They never should have given him that kind of money. He won't hit til July 30.

Then we are pretty much in agreement.  Fair market value for a guy his age is all one can ask for.  I am sorry he was under paid thru 07,   I don't believe in paying people for they used to do.

You really do believe everything you read.  I'm glad they signed him, my wish is he will retire a Red Sox.

Are you telling me that you are not a man of his word?  That you write things that aren't true.  If you are admitting that you just wrote something that is a lie, then how can we ever believe you?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I thought anonymous people on the internet always told the truth.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Yes, and I am a french model.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

72 games and counting.  No doubt the total will be at least a half season.  Any takers on if the number goes over 100?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

72 games and counting.  No doubt the total will be at least a half season.  Any takers on if the number goes over 100?

Yes, we're all impressed that you can count that high...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

here you ms, this one if for you.  74 games and 9 plus months for a heel strain.  No surgery, just a little normal swelling.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts