8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Re: 71 games

boston.com has an article today on how long to expect ortiz to be out

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

So what is extended spring training like?  What is the quality of the player of whom Ortiz is playing against?  Aren't the better ball players at least in the top level of single A?

I guess the real test will be Thursday when Ortiz travels down 95 south.

Here is hoping he makes it back to fenway as quickly as some are predicting.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

O wow, look at that. Two years today I have been blogging here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Ortiz has played 145 games or more for the Red Sox 7 times.  He has no history of being a player who sits out when he's healthy enough to play.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Ortiz has played 145 games or more for the Red Sox 7 times.  He has no history of being a player who sits out when he's healthy enough to play.

Yea but contracts should not be based on what one used to do.  He sat out 71 games last season for a strain.  Some reports indicate that all of a sudden he is quickly recovering, but I will play the doubting Thomas.  Extended spring training is merely for condtioning and he is not seeing any great pitching.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

You are assuming all the time he didn't play he wasn't "unhealthy".... how in the heck would you know if he was or wasn't?

Not even sure what you're saying there, Burrito.  But especially considering that Ortiz misses close to 10 games a year because of interleague games, I'd say playing 145 games a year indicates a guy who doesn't miss many games unless he's got a significant injury.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

You are assuming all the time he didn't play he wasn't "unhealthy".... how in the heck would you know if he was or wasn't?

Not even sure what you're saying there, Burrito.  But especially considering that Ortiz misses close to 10 games a year because of interleague games, I'd say playing 145 games a year indicates a guy who doesn't miss many games unless he's got a significant injury.

What I have been saying is that nursing a strain since last July seems suspicious.  He is an older player who I never would have signed to a two year 30 million dollar contract.

If he comes back by May first and quickly produces, then many posters will have a field day with this thread.  I still doubt Ortiz produces the way a guy making 15 million is expected to.

If this is me being a jerk, think what you want. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

Yea but contracts should not be based on what one used to do.  He sat out 71 games last season for a strain.  Some reports indicate that all of a sudden he is quickly recovering, but I will play the doubting Thomas.  Extended spring training is merely for condtioning and he is not seeing any great pitching.

i think it's pretty clear that Papi can crush great hitting... he's done it his entire career. You don't need to face top shelf pitching to get your swing down and get in a groove. Plus like you said it's for conditioning so he can do that at the same time.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts