1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Re: 71 games

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

In response to BaddBrains's comment:

You started this thread last October?  Good job in preserving it.

I have already said that I don't start many threads and it stays on my home page.  Until Ortiz returns to fenway and produces, this thread is still relevant.  No one is forcing anyone to read it or make a comment.

I used to keep my homepage open for all to see but two posters started leaving childish messages.

Good to know you can dish it out, but you're not so good at taking it.

If I could not take it I would not be posting on this forum.  I don't appreciate people leaving messages on my home page.  If by your defintion one who blocks their home page equates to not being able to take it, both the posters who left messages had their home pages blocked when they sent them.  One just posted and his name starts with an F. 

Just in case someone decides to do a little selective editing. in case anyone in the politics forum actually took jackbu up on his invite to check out this thread, i refer you to page 5 onwards. You will see that I simply asked a question which jack has still not answered. and I was not the first to askSurprised

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Yea, I knew you were lurking and I was thinking about making that clear right away, but the other lurker posted first.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to BaddBrains's comment:

You started this thread last October?  Good job in preserving it.

I have already said that I don't start many threads and it stays on my home page.  Until Ortiz returns to fenway and produces, this thread is still relevant.  No one is forcing anyone to read it or make a comment.

I used to keep my homepage open for all to see but two posters started leaving childish messages.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

yes, i am in pawtucket and just saw him in the cage via nbc10. he looks good but a little heavy. mccoy is estatic to have him .  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

ok i just left the game and will give a report tomorrow.

ortiz went 2 for 3 and runs the bases well.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Here's a little fun with numbers....( or food for thought)..

Ortiz will forfeit 2 million dollars of his 2014 salary if he spends more than 20 days on the DL because of his Achilles. His 20 days will be up 1 week from today.

The way I see it..this could go several ways...

1) Ortiz returns to the lineup before Sunday and the Achilles issue goes away once and for all.

2) Ortiz returns to the lineup..but winds up back on the DL and makes the argument that the inflammation in his heel is not related to his achilles.

3) Ortiz forfeits the 2 million.

Anyone care to predict which way this will go??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Ortiz will forfeit 2 million dollars of his 2014 salary if he spends more than 20 days on the DL because of his Achilles. His 20 days will be up 1 week from today.

1) Ortiz returns to the lineup before Sunday and the Achilles issue goes away once and for all.

2) Ortiz returns to the lineup..but winds up back on the DL and makes the argument that the inflammation in his heel is not related to his achilles.

who cares? it's 2 million. i just want papi back on the field.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Sounds like our government. Who cares ? It's two trillion. I just want the votes. The road to bankruptcy. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Sounds like our government. Who cares ? It's two trillion. I just want the votes. The road to bankruptcy. 

hardly. the Gov't is dealing with millions of things to divy up the money on. the sox are just dealing with 25 guys to split it up on. 2Mil is not going to kill this team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

hardly. the Gov't is dealing with millions of things to divy up the money on. the sox are just dealing with 25 guys to split it up on. 2Mil is not going to kill this team.

Two million here , two million there, it adds up. Pretty soon you are talking about real money. Agree that we can certainly use Papi's bat in the middle of the order. Hope it works out. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Two million here , two million there, it adds up. Pretty soon you are talking about real money. Agree that we can certainly use Papi's bat in the middle of the order. Hope it works out. 

we're not talking about 2 million here and 2 million there and some more over there. just 2 million.

if getting papi back sooner rather than later means we have to dish out an extra 2 million... then who cares?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

we're not talking about 2 million here and 2 million there and some more over there. just 2 million.

if getting papi back sooner rather than later means we have to dish out an extra 2 million... then who cares?

I don't know.. I want Papi back too. Two million is a lot of money. How much do you want to pay guys like Drew and Dempster ?  This is how you can get into financial problems.  I am more careful with my money. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I don't know.. I want Papi back too. Two million is a lot of money. How much do you want to pay guys like Drew and Dempster ?  This is how you can get into financial problems.  I am more careful with my money. 

the only time money on the books worries me is when it's locked up for 5, 6, 7 years at a time. Drew, dempster, Papi, SV, ross, gomes and their contracts don't worry me one bit. If the sox need to spend money at some point in the next 2 years then they can go over the luxury tax and not worry about it because the vast sum of cash coming off the books in the next 2 years will put them back under. well under.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I think you missed my point. I doubt that the team cares about 2 million dollars. My thought was that 2million would mean a lot more to Ortiz.
    I was suggesting that since Ortiz wanted more in terms of money in his contract than he ultimately settled for..he has a bigger interest in getting ( and staying) healthy before Sunday.

I just think it will be interesting from a money perspective to see how this plays out.

I agree that I would like to see Ortiz in the lineup contributing....but I have to say that if he's not..I'm glad he forfeits some money.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.