8/1 Game Thread: Tomlin vs. Lackey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: 8/1 Game Thread: Tomlin vs. Lackey

Question about Bucholz for any medical types out there. They say he might not be back, but he's already been out for almost 7 weeks. Where is the fracture? Vertabrea? How long does it typically take a stress fracture to heal? I'd think the only reason to keep him out is just typical Red Sox precaution. But, I'm not a DR.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Does this team decide to bring out the crappy D every time Lackey pitches just to mess with him? Sheeesh, every time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

In Response to Re: 8/1 Game Thread: Tomlin vs. Lackey:
    [QUOTE]that .253 hitting, banjo offense harness was talking about just isn't juggernauting it, huh? ......*crickets*
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

He was referring to BA on the road but forgot the Sox power statistics on the road.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

WHAT IS THIS LITTLE LEAGUE?  RED SHOWED REAL INEXPERIENCE THERE, DREW DOESNT DO THAT. way to lose the no-hitter!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Damn.  There goes Lackey's shutout.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Lackey not happy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

waiting for the in-game reddick hate thread to pop up. 

In other news.... Sox sign 3rd round draft pick Jordan Weems. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Lackey snakebit again, with an unearned run allowed.  He just can't seem to overcome defensive lapses, which is a bit disheartening in this situation because he already had two outs.  And that 3-2 pitch was awful.  Oh well, we'll need to jump on Tomlin because he looks like he may be really tough if we allow him to settle in.  GO SOX!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

[QUOTE]Does this team decide to bring out the crappy D every time Lackey pitches just to mess with him? Sheeesh, every time.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I think you are right about that.  I'd like to think it is intentional instead of accidental, or human error.  Sounds better.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Now they need to sign the bunch of first rounders.  Haven't read much about how likely or unlikely all of them signing will be.  Anyone heard?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

I'm not sure if it will be scored an unearned run but I think that run scores regardless of whether the runner was on first or second. Carrera can run and with two outs, he's off with the swing of the bat. The ball made it to the wall. I don't think we have a prayer of throwing him out at the plate.

Just my opinion. I'm sure others will disagree....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]waiting for the in-game reddick hate thread to pop up.  In other news.... Sox sign 3rd round draft pick Jordan Weems. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

It does show why I always felt more comfortable with Drew in right despite how poorly he was hitting. 

I think Reddick will be OK, but he has made a couple of bad errors this year with lackadaisical play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

My dad just called me and said he read on Cincinnatti.com that the Reds were talking about trading Joey Votto to Toronto for Jose Bautista. I guess that was probably before the deadline, probably won't happen now. But, a very interesting trade idea. I don't think Cincy should do it, Votto too popular there--but that'd have an impact on the AL East if it happened.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Question about Bucholz for any medical types out there. They say he might not be back, but he's already been out for almost 7 weeks. Where is the fracture? Vertabrea? How long does it typically take a stress fracture to heal? I'd think the only reason to keep him out is just typical Red Sox precaution. But, I'm not a DR.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    Not sure what the deal is here. David Wright of the Mets, had the same thing and he missed about two months. They were able to diagnose his right away and he rested with no baseball activity. Sox docs were not able to diagnose Buch's injury , so he continued to throw in the bullpen. May have aggravated it. I would be surprised if he came back this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Nice try, Youkkkk!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Bad choice by Youk with 0 out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Laughing
    Yell

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Well Bogar actually did try to stop him on that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Wow, no need to chance it there with  a man on 3rd no one out

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Youk, why are you trying to score on that? There's nobody out...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

again y does this seem to happen to the sox so freakin often? u have ZERO outS? whats the freakin point?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not sure if it will be scored an unearned run but I think that run scores regardless of whether the runner was on first or second. Carrera can run and with two outs, he's off with the swing of the bat. The ball made it to the wall. I don't think we have a prayer of throwing him out at the plate. Just my opinion. I'm sure others will disagree....
    Posted by CMHBOSOX[/QUOTE]
    I agree that he would have scored from first on that hit. They will still probably score it as an unearned run, however.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Why couldn't we have the ump that called the runner safe at home in the bottom of the 19th in Atlanta?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Lets blame Bogar!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8/1 Game Thread: Tomlin vs. Lackey : Not sure what the deal is here. David Wright of the Mets, had the same thing and he missed about two months. They were able to diagnose his right away and he rested with no baseball activity. Sox docs were not able to diagnose Buch's injury , so he continued to throw in the bullpen. May have aggravated it. I would be surprised if he came back this year.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]BUCK WILL HAVE TO CHANGE HIS MOTION TO AVOID FUTURE REOCCURRENCES.