8/1 Game Thread: Tomlin vs. Lackey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Re: 8/1 Game Thread: Tomlin vs. Lackey

In Response to Re: 8/1 Game Thread: Tomlin vs. Lackey:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8/1 Game Thread: Tomlin vs. Lackey : Bedard is not an answer to the Sox pitching problems.  He's another mediocre-at-best arm.  The offense will have to stay in high gear.
    Posted by joyceand[/QUOTE]

Maybe we just need him to win a few games as a rental player.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Though Pedey should of been of on that last pitch to avoid DP, just gotta b sure pitcher is going to home plate

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Uh oh, can Bard squeeze one more inning out? ESPN announcers had to let us know that he's not been scored on since May 23rd, and the leadoff hitter is on. So naturally, he'll give up a run.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Getting an uneasy feeling.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Getting an uneasy feeling.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Have had it all night dgale. This game feels like a loss--whatever that's worth......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Nice job Bard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Its amazing how Cabrera keeps hitting HR's on us, hes done it each series, twice in this series

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Home run. End of scoreless inning streak.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

there goes bard streak.. i hate replay right about now.. only works when its against the other team

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

HR, Hit the chair

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

The Cleveland station is convinced that it's a single. Will be an interesting call.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yip. I've felt like it all night. It just seems like this is one of those games the Sox are destined to lose no matter what happens. Can't shake it, and to be honest, this whole series feels that way. Cleveland is due. Hopefully Beckett and Lester can turn it around.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Clearly a HR

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Jus take Bard out.  I don't care how good he's been he just threw a stinker.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

[QUOTE]Yip. I've felt like it all night. It just seems like this is one of those games the Sox are destined to lose no matter what happens. Can't shake it, and to be honest, this whole series feels that way. Cleveland is due. Hopefully Beckett and Lester can turn it around.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Lester's not pitching in this series. Bedard is starting Thursday and Lester will start Friday against NY.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Last time I checked the ball needs to go OVER the wall to be a HR, the ball clearly hit something off the top and came back into the field. It didn't hit a person or a chair, it hit part of the wall. Therefore it didn't go over it, therefore it should not be a HR. 

I don't get it, plus i don't even think it was clear enough to over turn.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Why did they call for a breaking pitch from Bard when Cabrera was right on the pitch before, that was on Salty or whoever called that pitch.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8/1 Game Thread: Tomlin vs. Lackey : Lester's not pitching in this series. Bedard is starting Thursday and Lester will start Friday against NY.
    Posted by CMHBOSOX[/QUOTE]

You're right CMHB, forgot about that. That actually makes me feel worse about this series! :-( Wakefield tommorow night. Joy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Well, there's proof that it was gone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Maybe 1941 will come to tell us how Tito is at fault for Bard giving up a dinger.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Sloppy baserunning on our part and a lackluster performance from Lackey which is the usual for him now did this team in tonight.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Arg!  Oh well, we can come back from 2 runs down.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8/1 Game Thread: Tomlin vs. Lackey : You're right CMHB, forgot about that. That actually makes me feel worse about this series! :-( Wakefield tommorow night. Joy.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Guys the Sox are playing .700 ball and you have so little faith.  Why?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Bard was due. He's been great for two months. I'm not going to hate on him for a bad outing.

That said, I would like to see at least one of the Sox pitchers make Cabrera "move his feet". He seems a little too comfortable against us.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Tough at bat.