8/1 Game Thread: Tomlin vs. Lackey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Re: 8/1 Game Thread: Tomlin vs. Lackey

In Response to Re: 8/1 Game Thread: Tomlin vs. Lackey:
    Last time I checked the ball needs to go OVER the wall to be a HR, the ball clearly hit something off the top and came back into the field. It didn't hit a person or a chair, it hit part of the wall. Therefore it didn't go over it, therefore it should not be a HR.  I don't get it, plus i don't even think it was clear enough to over turn.
    Posted by freediro

That is exactly what i was saying! If there's no yellow line signalling that it has to clear that spot its still part of the wall and needs to clear it. it didn't hit a chair or a person and if it did there is not enough proof to support it so it should not be a homerun

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Do not blame Bard just who called for that pitch. Get beat with your best pitch not your secondary pitch. Should have used his 100 mph heater. Yankees beating Chicago like usual again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: 8/1 Game Thread: Tomlin vs. Lackey : Guys the Sox are playing .700 ball and you have so little faith.  Why?
    Posted by jimdavis

I think it's because there's more to it than just the percentages. This game has had a bad feel to it, whatever that's worth. It may or may not be legitimate, but it's still hard to ignore. The news about Bucholz combined with a not so great outing by Lackey make us wonder about the pitching. Wakefield has been inconsistent also this year, so reasons to wonder about him too, plus Cleveland is really fired up about their deadline moves--hence the above post--be it right or wrong.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Why is Randy Williams in this game?  Why would you put this guy in any game under a 5 run cushion?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

What is this lefty reliever doing on this team with Okajima pitching well in the minors. He stinks and yet he still is on this roster.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Bard was due. He's been great for two months. I'm not going to hate on him for a bad outing. That said, I would like to see at least one of the Sox pitchers make Cabrera "move his feet". He seems a little too comfortable against us.
    Posted by CMHBOSOX

plus he pitched yesterday. sometimes the well is a little empty.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Wow. Aviles has a heck of an arm down there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: 8/1 Game Thread: Tomlin vs. Lackey : I think it's because there's more to it than just the percentages. This game has had a bad feel to it, whatever that's worth. It may or may not be legitimate, but it's still hard to ignore. The news about Bucholz combined with a not so great outing by Lackey make us wonder about the pitching. Wakefield has been inconsistent also this year, so reasons to wonder about him too, plus Cleveland is really fired up about their deadline moves--hence the above post--be it right or wrong.
    Posted by TheExaminer

And when the Sox take 2 of 3 will everyone say they were out of their minds?  Even if they lose 2 or get swept, you just move on.  That is why I love this team.  Nothing gets them down.  It is time the fans take on the personality of the team and stop acting like tortured souls pre 2004.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Maybe 1941 will come to tell us how Tito is at fault for Bard giving up a dinger.
    Posted by jimdavis

What was it that you and Terry(Tito is his father's name) saw that made him remove Morales?? Was it the 3 pitch strikeout? Was it that the Indians had a left handed batter leading off?? 
    Oops i forgot, Morales isn't an 8th inning pitcher, he's not able to handle the change the ground crew makes with the pitching rubber and home plate for the 8th inning.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Miller did not give you much in innings yesterday and Lackey layed an egg tonight so the bullpen is tired and starting to wear out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Does Rupert Murdoch own the tabloid "The Examiner" ? What's the latest on Casey Anthony? Will she be a centerfold on Hustler?
    Posted by PawsoxPhil

she's over here at my pad auditioning. i think she's dirty enough for hustler, the hold up is that old permanent infertility thing. i dont think she breeeeds very well. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: 8/1 Game Thread: Tomlin vs. Lackey : That is exactly what i was saying! If there's no yellow line signalling that it has to clear that spot its still part of the wall and needs to clear it. it didn't hit a chair or a person and if it did there is not enough proof to support it so it should not be a homerun
    Posted by zack5042

How about the woman's swollen knee with Rawlings stitches burned into her skin?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: 8/1 Game Thread: Tomlin vs. Lackey : And when the Sox take 2 of 3 will everyone say they were out of their minds?  Even if they lose 2 or get swept, you just move on.  That is why I love this team.  Nothing gets them down.  It is time the fans take on the personality of the team and stop acting like tortured souls pre 2004.
    Posted by jimdavis

I think most fans are glad to move on, but there definitely are some fans here that were happier pre-2004.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

without buchholz lackey has got to be better than that

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

In Response to Re: 8/1 Game Thread: Tomlin vs. Lackey : How about the woman's swollen knee with Rawlings stitches burned into her skin?
    Posted by jimdavis

Don't think you can see that on replay xD

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: 8/1 Game Thread: Tomlin vs. Lackey : What was it that you and Terry(Tito is his father's name) saw that made him remove Morales?? Was it the 3 pitch strikeout? Was it that the Indians had a left handed batter leading off??  Oops i forgot, Morales isn't an 8th inning pitcher, he's not able to handle the change the ground crew makes with the pitching rubber and home plate for the 8th inning.
    Posted by BOSOX1941

Yeah, and Harry is my friend Harry's father's nickname.  Does that mean the same nickname can't be used by the son?  I missed that memo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Nice AB, Papi. Way to work the count.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

What the he!! is it with Ortiz tonight. Did he take a pitch at all?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

What is this lefty reliever doing on this team with Okajima pitching well in the minors. He stinks and yet he still is on this roster.
    Posted by AL34

He actually throws pretty hard. I would guess that he is back in Pawtucket when Bedard is activated. Not sure what his option status is.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: 8/1 Game Thread: Tomlin vs. Lackey : I think most fans are glad to move on, but there definitely are some fans here that were happier pre-2004.
    Posted by royf19

I am proud to not be one of those.  If the Sox lose, get em tomorrow.  Players have always understood that better than the average fan.  I'm watching no matter what happens and enjoying the ride.  Every team is going to lose at least 60 games so accept that and go from there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

What the he!! is it with Ortiz tonight. Did he take a pitch at all?
    Posted by royf19

i think its cause i traded for him :( The first day i got him in Fantasy Baseball i got a GS then nothing since D: but i guess having Asdrubal makes up for it....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: 8/1 Game Thread: Tomlin vs. Lackey : And when the Sox take 2 of 3 will everyone say they were out of their minds?  Even if they lose 2 or get swept, you just move on.  That is why I love this team.  Nothing gets them down.  It is time the fans take on the personality of the team and stop acting like tortured souls pre 2004.
    Posted by jimdavis

Not about that jim. Big difference between "tortured souls" and people that have an honest understanding of what might happen in a series, and have genuine questions about whether or not the SP is going to hold up. There are some things people that have been fans for years can just sense coming. No one wants the Sox to win more than me, but (and this is a 4 game series, not 3) I think we'll be fortunate to get out of this with a split after what's happening tonight. Barring a comeback in the 9th, which is not likely.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Indians are having some great at-bats tonight.  Just beating up on Sox pitchers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

another stinker from lackey and bard decided to follow suit. Get used to it guys. Everyone around us got better, we pretty much stayed the same. Theo had the chance to get the guy we needed (well 2 guys we need, but one more than the other) and he failed. Once again he could not let go of his prized prospects. So now we are stuck with an injury prone 32 year old starter who is supposed to be our 3 starter. This team will not stand a chance against the phillies or giants. I just want to congratulate theo epstein on throwing away a season that was filled with such promise. Our bullpen sucks, he does nothing when he could have got mike adams. Our rotation sucks, he adds 1 injury prone starter. Our shortstop sucks, so he gets mike aviles for a younger ss who is better defensively. We have questions in right field, he does nothing. Please do not tell me he is good gm, because he is not. You do not trade for an often injured starter to replace an often injured starter. common sense. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

He aint fooling anyone.

In Response to Re: 8/1 Game Thread: Tomlin vs. Lackey : He actually throws pretty hard. I would guess that he is back in Pawtucket when Bedard is activated. Not sure what his option status is.
    Posted by dgalehouse

Sections
Shortcuts