8-1 - Not bad at all for a team that some have thrown under the bus...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

8-1 - Not bad at all for a team that some have thrown under the bus...

Oh yeah!

If it is fair to be a bunch of whining little warts when we started out "the worst in Sox history,"  which means NOTHING when you have a team like ours, isn't it fair that the Compound W applied should bring out praise?  (Compound W ... WINS, of course!)

No one denies the start was out of sorts or that is bums one out short term, but how about when the very team you're knocking (your team?) turns the corner - abruptly - and plays well enough to run up pretty good streaks in winning, pitching shut out innings and sub 2.00  ERA's for a whole West Coast trip?

None of that grudging approval now.  Your criticism was not held back.  Your attitudes weren't circumspect, only blastingly negative.  You just blasted everyone and everything.  FO, manager, pitching coach, players, ... maybe the bat boys got a pass,  Maybe.

So, how about some praise?  Especially from you hard core knockers.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: 8-1 - Not bad at all for a team that some have thrown under the bus...

Nice to see Carl Crawford coming around isn't it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I will definitely give props here. This was a great roadtrip for the Sox.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

In Response to Re: 8-1 - Not bad at all for a team that some have thrown under the bus...:
    I will definitely give props here. This was a great roadtrip for the Sox.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Agreed, they played very well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Next stop for the Red Sox: Baltimore, where there are more Red Sox fans than O's fans.  LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: 8-1 - Not bad at all for a team that some have thrown under the bus...:
    Next stop for the Red Sox: Baltimore, where there are more Red Sox fans than O's fans.  LOL
    Posted by Ice-Cream

True, but im thinking there may be a few more O's fans this year. Theyve put together a pretty good team and showed the fans something this offseason.
    Yaz; I am guilty of losing my patience with Dice-K this year, I woke up after his last horrifying start and wanted him traded. Other than that, Ive been 100% supportive during the rough start. My one hope, like many, was that this team was too talented to be held down much longer. I vguess we were right. Thank God!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I love Baltimore.  It's easy to buy a ticket at face value and see a Red Sox game.  

Parking at Camden Yards is easy too.  

Cheer up O's fans.  At least the Ravens look pretty good.  lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

It's all crickets now. Now all these supposed "Sox Fans" turn their attention to their the old stand-by, pipe dream,  like the Yankees moving in on King Felix.  Life is good. Tongue out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

I love Baltimore.  It's easy to buy a ticket at face value and see a Red Sox game.   Parking at Camden Yards is easy too.   Cheer up O's fans.  At least the Ravens look pretty good.  lol
    Posted by Ice-Cream

Smiley-Beniism being applied to the O's.  Maybe this is a sign that they're legit this year.  I guess Ice-Cream will be assigned to rattle Oriole fans when they start arriving on this site. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

I believe that Redsoxdirtdog was here yesterday to inform everyone that his he loves to bash everything Red Sox but is as pleased as punch when he is proven wrong. Now that is tough for me to understand but it takes all kinds to make the World go around.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

well yaz my ol friend, hope you had a nice easter. now then, if I'm Buck Bigmouth I would be lining up my bottle of extra strength excedrin starting tomorrow nite. his team has to be totally exausted watching the yankees running around the bases and losing 3 games in a row. now he has the streaking boston redsox coming in for a series that have won 5 in a row and that has their 5 starters showing an era of 0.88 over the last nine games. oy veh! now don't get me wrong yaz, I'm not saying that I'm a little kocky right now, just really happy to be coming home from the left coast to play 3 games at fenway park south.

who'd have thought eh?Smile

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Yes, carnie, it sure is.  He sounded really relieved after his homer yesterday.

Ice cream, if it were opening day, that wouldn't be true ... but now after another long  dry spell .... maybe we will rule Camden Yards again.

Hopefully we will break the O's spell over us from last season.   And give Buck the thumb.

Southpaw... I understand.  But you're not among the main offenders.  There are those who are nasty even when things are going well!  At least you have the decency to admit it.  Big Props for that...

Sheriff, whatever and whoever gets under the O's skin right now is OK with me.  Buck's my new #3 target.  Yucks are always the 1 B ... whoever we're playing is 1 A.

Fox, quite true.  He's probably happy to have a beautiful wife....only thing is, she's not his .... Bad dreamer ....

Off to fix my bike .... someone kicked and wharped my rear tire.  An Italian friend said I looked like an Italian on the bike as I went by ... whop, whop whop ...........

Have a great one all ...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Hammah!..what up big dawg?...man, your boys found some swag, my boss is walking around this morning on her high horse(she's cracking me up)...real talk though, this is how it should be... IMO the interest ratchets up when both teams are playing well...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

hi jetes,
    hope you had a nice holiday with the fam et all... are you telling me your boss is a red sox fan???? I work with a fellow engineer who comes from new york and has a yankee cap on the top of his cabinet that he has facing me...lol...he couldn't tell me this morning what the yanks were in the standings which just tells you he really isn't a fan. just a nut bustah from NY is all..

thanks for softening up the oriholes for us jetes. may is gonna be a fun month old friend. a fun month.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

hi jetes, hope you had a nice holiday with the fam et all... are you telling me your boss is a red sox fan???? I work with a fellow engineer who comes from new york and has a yankee cap on the top of his cabinet that he has facing me...lol...he couldn't tell me this morning what the yanks were in the standings which just tells you he really isn't a fan. just a nut bustah from NY is all.. thanks for softening up the oriholes for us jetes. may is gonna be a fun month old friend. a fun month.
    Posted by Hammah29r2
    yeah, she is...lives here, but was Lowell born and raised...she's cool though..well, until you guys are scufflin'...Tongue out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to 8-1 - Not bad at all for a team that some have thrown under the bus...:
    Oh yeah! If it is fair to be a bunch of whining little warts when we started out "the worst in Sox history,"  which means NOTHING when you have a team like ours, isn't it fair that the Compound W applied should bring out praise?  (Compound W ... WINS, of course!) No one denies the start was out of sorts or that is bums one out short term, but how about when the very team you're knocking (your team?) turns the corner - abruptly - and plays well enough to run up pretty good streaks in winning, pitching shut out innings and sub 2.00  ERA's for a whole West Coast trip? None of that grudging approval now.  Your criticism was not held back.  Your attitudes weren't circumspect, only blastingly negative.  You just blasted everyone and everything.  FO, manager, pitching coach, players, ... maybe the bat boys got a pass,  Maybe. So, how about some praise?  Especially from you hard core knockers.  
    Posted by SinceYaz

Yaz, you were nicer than I was.  I called them all whining crybabies which struck a nerve.  You are much more diplomatic!

Sections
Shortcuts