1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff

All right. New game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OV. Show OV's posts

Way to go Youk!!!   Smoked that baby!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Kevin Youkillis, I love you!!! Marry me!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Youk with his 16th "outside the park" HR.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Everytime I think Carl Crwford is turning a corner he walks backwards again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

You've got to be kidding. What a ridiculous AB by Crawford. I really like this guy, and have supported him, but he's gotta get it moving.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I hope Carl Crawford is not going to be one of those players we look back on two years from now as one of the worst signings this team has ever made. Sometimes he looks clueless at the plate.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

In Response to Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff:
    Everytime I think Carl Crwford is turning a corner he walks backwards again.
    Posted by AL34

yeah, same here -- bad start, hamstring injury, then off & on -- he's definitely felt the pressure, wish he could somehow turn back into what he is

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Rain delay in Chicago tarp on field and its an official game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Speaking of donuts, haven't seen Yaz on here in a while.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I hope Carl Crawford is not going to be one of those players we look back on two years from now as one of the worst signings this team has ever made. Sometimes he looks clueless at the plate.
    Posted by AL34

Ultimately, I think he'll show his true abilities, but we may have to wait til next year. One wild card chance is that he'll suddenly pop back into form and go unconscious in the playoffs. Drew did that in 07.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Beckett out.  Let's hope it is because of the rain delay, and not an injury.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Amazing isn't it. Francona always plays for the big inning and more often than not, it does not happen. Crawford did not do what we all thought he was going to do like steal 60 bases and hit close to .300.  n Response to Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff :
    Posted by AL34
    All due respect do you just make this stuff up as you go? They lead MLB in runs scored and have just crushed people often. They have out scored opponents in the 7th inning alone by over 90 runs. So how can you say he plays for the big inning and more often than not it does not happen

There are times I think Boston needs about 10 years of the the 1966 RS, 1996 Celtics, 1973 Pats and 1967 Bruins.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Heidi is so adorable it oughta be illegal to even show her on live TV.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Heidi is so adorable it oughta be illegal to even show her on live TV.
    Posted by TheExaminer
    She is a very pretty woman.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff : All due respect do you just make this stuff up as you go? They lead MLB in runs scored and have just crushed people often. They have out scored opponents in the 7th inning alone by over 90 runs. So how can you say he plays for the big inning and more often than not it does not happen There are times I think Boston needs about 10 years of the the 1966 RS, 1996 Celtics, 1973 Pats and 1967 Bruins.
    Posted by fivekatz

Yeah, a little over-reaction by Al. The Sox have to lead the world in big innings. This series though, I gotta be honest, is starting to give me the creeps big time. I want Cleveland out of town ASAP--win or lose.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

hi all, thought wake was starting as well. what happened? ortiz has gone cold just .289 from .310

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

In Response to Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff : All due respect do you just make this stuff up as you go? They lead MLB in runs scored and have just crushed people often. They have out scored opponents in the 7th inning alone by over 90 runs. So how can you say he plays for the big inning and more often than not it does not happen There are times I think Boston needs about 10 years of the the 1966 RS, 1996 Celtics, 1973 Pats and 1967 Bruins.
    Posted by fivekatz

okay, but you got incredible baserunners why not utilize them

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Where are all the regulars tonight? CC, Joel, Jbay, etc? Drowned in the rain?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

You are right about that but there are times when he has fast runners on base and a slow runner at the plate like AGON and he does not try to stay out of the DP.  I have watched the SOX for years but he does not use the weapon of small ball in close games when we are not pounding out 10 runs in a game. It is frustrating to watch. That KC game last Monday was frustrating to watch.

Posted by fivekatz

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

hi all, thought wake was starting as well. what happened? ortiz has gone cold just .289 from .310
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

There you are. Most of the regulars are late comers tonight.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff : Yeah, a little over-reaction by Al. The Sox have to lead the world in big innings. This series though, I gotta be honest, is starting to give me the creeps big time. I want Cleveland out of town ASAP--win or lose.
    Posted by TheExaminer
    Over 162 games we are going to watch stretches like this, like Padres on the home stand and then the Pirates and Phils and hopefully we had our one mega slump in April.

It is after all a failure based game where our most celebrated player's best year he only he failed to get a hit 59.4% of the time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

That was quick

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

You are right about that but there are times when he has fast runners on base and a slow runner at the plate like AGON and he does not try to stay out of the DP.  I have watched the SOX for years but he does not use the weapon of small ball in close games when we are not pounding out 10 runs in a game. It is frustrating to watch. That KC game last Monday was frustrating to watch. In Response to Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff :
    Posted by AL34

I do agree that the Sox don't make enough use of their speed, there's no denying that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Even Cabrera's foul balls are scary. Sheeesh, get this guy out and get this team out of town. HAHAHAHA...just like that. Grab some pine Asdrubal.

Sections
Shortcuts