8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff

I wonder how long teams are going to keep falling asleep on Pedey when he is on 1B? :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

In Response to Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff:
    [QUOTE]SOX HAVE TO WIN THIS GAME! phil hughes was lights out tonite. yanks' pitching and hitting are coming together. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

good, let's hope they're peaking too soon

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]I hope Carl Crawford is not going to be one of those players we look back on two years from now as one of the worst signings this team has ever made. Sometimes he looks clueless at the plate.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]
    craw has bottomed out. this is as bad as he should be in the next few years. as he sttles in to the speed and pressure and xpectations of boston, we willl see better performance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

WTG. Run your mouth and get ejected, team is more important than that man.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

youk got tossed
    dumb
    2-2 game late

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Whence this base nabbing speed from the Chicken? Don't remember him stealing so much in the past.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]with PD its more technique than outright speed. reads pitchers well and has that unbridled confidence. more important than flat out speed. percentage is key. pD is actually our best base stealer and runner. ells gets thrown out frequently esp for his natural speed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

I think Kevin Youkilis suggested that the 1B umpire have sexual intercourse with himself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff : yoshi used to be an automatic, whats her deal?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I'm here...I'm working on a deadline, so I've been pretty busy. Plus, every now and then this site freaks out and I end up not being able to post halfway through the game....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

That was Bullchit!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff : good, let's hope they're peaking too soon
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

That's also an interesting way to look at it. We'll see how Hughes fares against Beckett Sunday night.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan93311. Show patsfan93311's posts

C'mon Crawford. Time for some redemption.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Crawford is looking bad on breaking balls.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Craw cant lay off that low pitch to save his life

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Son of a..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Welp, if it's a win it's a walk off. Better luck tonight than last Monday.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Carl Crawford is a turkey. He scared the hell out of me in Tampa, now he looks like a shell of himself now. The longer this game goes tied i think the advantage goes to them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]I think Kevin Youkilis suggested that the 1B umpire have sexual intercourse with himself.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

Yes, that will get you tossed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Now this is an example of where the bunt often doesn't work, even though the Rs didn't use it and the got Pedey to second with one out. The opponent gets the second out and then puts the best RBI man on intentionally to get a play at every IF bag and get a more favorable match up.

Little ball is far from a sure thing. I don't know why lot's of fans of a team that from the managing partner down to the field manager work the numbers and precentages to death don't accept that and enjoy the 95 times a year what they do works and accept that the other guys are going to win about 40% -42% of the time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]Son of a..
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]

Watch those magic words Yoshimi! lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

2 bonus innings from Morales, and we couldn't hit Joe Smith or tony Sipp  WHO?  Youk fans, Agone flies out and another oh-fer-naught pop up by crawfdud.  Get more muddy chickens.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff : It is called taking the bat out of A-Gon's hands for one thing. Open up first and they can walk him. Also there is at least a 25% chance of a caught stealing and about a percentage that if it is run and hit that the ball is hit at some one for a DP. It also forces the batter in hit and run to swing at a pitch whether it is good or not. Lot's of bad stuff can happen just like DP's can happen. The inning some were whining about Ells got on with one out. The Indians had a LH on the mound committed to holding Ells close. He was not getting a good lead. Santana throws out 35% of the runners trying to steal on him. And the double steal? If either guy gets caught you take the bat out of A-Gon's hands and even if not you give the pitcher the option to work around Adrian and have the dream DP combo, A-Gon on 1st and Youk up. I am pretty sure the odds of a DP are somewhere around 35% with Adrian up and over 40% he won't make an out.

good post --but I don't know how many times a double steal sees the catcher throwing the ball down the left field line, there's that

there's the situation & playing your gut on once in while (Maddon does this, Terry & Girardi hardly ever)

And then there's this: I'd rather have bases loaded one out with youk up than 1st & 2nd w/gonzo up

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Agree with you there but when they had Pedroia and Ellsbury on that was the time for a steal to stay out of the DP. 

n Response to Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff:
    [QUOTE]Now this is an example of where the bunt often doesn't work, even though the Rs didn't use it and the got Pedey to second with one out. The opponent gets the second out and then puts the best RBI man on intentionally to get a play at every IF bag and get a more favorable match up. Little ball is far from a sure thing. I don't know why lot's of fans of a team that from the managing partner down to the field manager work the numbers and precentages to death don't accept that and enjoy the 95 times a year what they do works and accept that the other guys are going to win about 40% -42% of the time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Could we NOT have another KC debacle? For the love of sweet mercy, END IT.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Carl Crawford is a turkey. He scared the hell out of me in Tampa, now he looks like a shell of himself now. The longer this game goes tied i think the advantage goes to them.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

There's a good nickname for Crawford if he ever gets it going: "The Muddy Turkey".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Paps pitching clean lately... and in a non save situation at that!

Sections
Shortcuts