8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff

In Response to Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff:
    great game, great pitching, great walk off win....still alone atop first place  
    Posted by J-BAY

Jbay! you been lurking there all the time? And with that, the Red Sox are a very symmetrical 67-31 at the 2/3 mark.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Softy must be freaking.  Tek gets the hit and Ellbury finishes it off.  Reverse pivot!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff : Jbay! you been lurking there all the time? And with that, the Red Sox are a very symmetrical 67-31 at the 2/3 mark.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Sorry, wishful typo. 67-41

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff : Jbay! you been lurking there all the time? And with that, the Red Sox are a very symmetrical 67-31 at the 2/3 mark.
    Posted by TheExaminer

You are too smart for me!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

It was a hard fought gritty dubya.  I'll give the miller lite-gansett  player(s) of the game to Els and Morales

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Softy must be freaking.  Tek gets the hit and Ellbury finishes it off.  Reverse pivot!
    Posted by jimdavis

LOL...did you notice that he's back now as "softylaw"? I saw him posting from this afternoon. "Trade Ellsbury NOW while his value is high".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

It was a hard fought gritty dubya.  I'll give the miller lite-gansett  player(s) of the game to Els and Morales

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Posted by TheExaminer

needed the night off exam....too much negativity last night. decided to relax and watch the game. Jim kept everyone in check

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan93311. Show patsfan93311's posts

RED SOX WIN!!!

RED SOX WIN!!!

RED SOX WIN!!!

Good Night Everybody!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff : good post --but I don't know how many times a double steal sees the catcher throwing the ball down the left field line, there's that there's the situation & playing your gut on once in while (Maddon does this, Terry & Girardi hardly ever) And then there's this: I'd rather have bases loaded one out with youk up than 1st & 2nd w/gonzo up
    Posted by soxnewmex
    Going with the gut got Grady Little fired. This ownership group on down is very committed to play the percentages. The double steal everybody wanted is an example. The catcher throws out 35% of the runners who go on him. There is a LH batter up so the throw to third is clean and open and shorter than 2nd.

And the hitter who is up does not hit into DP 40% of the time but gets OB over 40% of the time.

I find myself saying this often abot Francona. If you look at the numbers and drill long enough you will almost always find why he does what he does or doesn't do something.

When you have really good players sometimes the best move as a manager, often times is to let the players play. Guys like Mike Scoicia in LA have never figured that out. Funny thing about Mike. The only time they won it all was with a bunch of guys jacked up on roids banging in runs in bunches.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff : needed the night off exam....too much negativity last night. decided to relax and watch the game.
    Posted by J-BAY

Yeah, I don't blame you. Last night was rough. It's hard to explain, there was just this dark cloud over that whole game. It took a lot not to jump into the muck, can't say that I wasn't tempted.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Smile

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff : needed the night off exam....too much negativity last night. decided to relax and watch the game. Jim kept everyone in check
    Posted by J-BAY

JBay, last night was off the chain!  I was shocked.  Then today the whole first page of the front burner was negativity.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

its just the way the game goes, ups and down. like you, i had the feeling they'd pull this one out. Beckett looked solid again. glad it didnt go extras with youk getting tossed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff : Yeah, I don't blame you. Last night was rough. It's hard to explain, there was just this dark cloud over that whole game. It took a lot not to jump into the muck, can't say that I wasn't tempted.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Soxpride says he was not drunk last night.  He had to be!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Where is the guy with the bad feeling about tonight's game? Don't you know the Sox are the masters of the "Walkoff"?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Tim Bogar is the luckiest son of a gun in all of Boston. A decent throw and Salty is out a mile, but we'll take it. Great slide by Salty.
    Posted by TheExaminer

This is why you be aggressive and push it because it does force the other team to be perfect with the throw.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

the way our rotation is looking it will be nice if Morales continues to throw like he did tonight--  back to his Aug-Sept '07 form when he was lights out.  Maybe crawford should slide into the 9-hole to regain his confidence.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff : JBay, last night was off the chain!  I was shocked.  Then today the whole first page of the front burner was negativity.
    Posted by jimdavis

i understand disappointment, jim, but when it gets like that, i just have to walk away. haven't been posting on the forum either. it's become something it shouldn't; too much bad blood and infighting. still follow it, but i skip more posts than i read.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff : i understand disappointment, but when it gets like that, i just have to walk away. haven't been posting on the forum either jim. its become something it shouldn't too much bad blood and infighting. still read it, but i skip more posts than i read.  
    Posted by J-BAY

Yup Babe has infected the forum from the Yankee perspective.  Burrito has decided to take me to task for taking negativity posters to task.  Oh well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff : Soxpride says he was not drunk last night.  He had to be!
    Posted by jimdavis

LOL, yeah, he was over the top man. I'm outta here. Hope Wake can keep it going. Heaven knows the last thing we need is another of those horrendous one game losing streaks! Yell Later. Night all......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

later

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Here is how negativity is defined in baseball...Ump-style because Bud selig won't allow 15 seconds to review.

http://www.949thebull.com/pages/lance.html?article=8889190

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff : Yup Babe has infected the forum from the Yankee perspective.  Burrito has decided to take me to task for taking negativity posters to task.  Oh well.
    Posted by jimdavis

One more post. Couldn't resist commenting on this. Do we really believe Babe is an actual Yankees fan? I'm not totally convinced, because he's on here so much. I can't shake the suspicion that he (and softy too for that matter) are alter egos of other posters that just enjoy stirring up crap for the fun of it. I'm torn, not sure which it is, but the Jekyll/Hyde scenario is one worth looking at--for about two seconds or so when you don't have anything else to do.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

In Response to Re: 8/2 Game Thread Beckett vs Huff : Going with the gut got Grady Little fired. This ownership group on down is very committed to play the percentages. The double steal everybody wanted is an example. The catcher throws out 35% of the runners who go on him. There is a LH batter up so the throw to third is clean and open and shorter than 2nd. And the hitter who is up does not hit into DP 40% of the time but gets OB over 40% of the time. I find myself saying this often abot Francona. If you look at the numbers and drill long enough you will almost always find why he does what he does or doesn't do something. When you have really good players sometimes the best move as a manager, often times is to let the players play. Guys like Mike Scoicia in LA have never figured that out. Funny thing about Mike. The only time they won it all was with a bunch of guys jacked up on roids banging in runs in bunches.
    Posted by fivekatz

the situation was screaming for some running pressure, and sure enough gonzo hit into the double play

yeah, it's easier throw out a guy at 3rd than 2nd, but when someone like a crawford or an ellsbury is running, that adds pressure to the throw

I hear what you're saying, and I'm not complaining about the sox or their approach, but I think if you got all the weapons you should use them all, and that situation with ells & pedey on 1st & 2nd and gonzo at the plate, I don't know how many times I've watched in amazement as they've stayed put and gonzo grounds into the dp.  sorry but, to me, it makes no sense, it's a little stupid

Sections
Shortcuts