8/7/2014 Mookie sent down---again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

8/7/2014 Mookie sent down---again

Maybe Mookie should get smart and ask to be traded---like, to the Yankees.

When you know you're better than the guys playing in your spot, what alternative do you have?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: 8/7/2014 Mookie sent down---again

Mookie can't win, he doesn't have the Bradley pedigree...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

soooo Mookie Betts is better than Pedroia?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I think the Red Sox coaching and personnel decision makers need to be DFA'd.....they stink and seem only capable of hurting a players development with all their stupid lateral moves and interfering with devlopment of young players....the fact that they have to send them down to AAA to learn something is a sad indictment of the ball washers like farrell...

As always - 100% correct!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

And who would you request from the Yankees in a trade for Betts???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Are the Sox really incapable of playing Betts and other youngsters enough at the MLB level even though the season is lost and this is garbage time? When does AAA end anyway? Three weeks? ben should go back to his year-long nap

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right now he's not better than Bradley if you go by who goes up and who goes down.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

All this Betts talk is craaaaaaaazy.  The kid is 21, not ready for prime time, and got a nice couple cups o coffee.  Now its time for him to go get his work in again where he can continue to develop.  I like him too.  i do.  A lot.  I look forward to 2016 when he is a full grown man.  Remember  those 'Future Stars' cards that were in your old Fleer or Topps sets?  Mookie is on one of those now.  he is not competing for a job now, nor in 2015.  Nice to get excited about a kid, but lets not rush him (Xander and Jackie anyone?).  sending him down now is the right thing to do, no question.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Who cares....the RS suck this season, they won it all last year, the owners will ride that until they sell the team because they know the pink hats will continue to buy tickets and "do the wave" (gag me, please!)....The PATS ARE PLAYING TONITE, TIME TO WATCH FOOTBALL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Betts is a second baseman, who has played a few games in centerfield.

Am I confident that he has the athleticism and work ethic to become a good centerfielder? yes I do.

But honestly, does it really matter if it is here or in Boston?  He clearly has some more development to undergo, as I said he was in single A last year at this time.

I think he will be a better player than JBJ actually, but if ends up being much better defensively at 2nd....then he might be better off as trade bait.

He could be a HUGE chip to bring in an impact bat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Illinisoxfan. Show Illinisoxfan's posts

This is a good move. Let him play everyday for Pawtucket until they are done and then bring him back up in September.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

It's not as if the Sox are going to miss the playoffs because Mookie isn't here for the next 3 weeks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

So to summarise:

• The Red Sox have been one of the top teams at drafting, developing and evaluating talent for more than 10 years.
    • 99.999% of guys on the internet have never met Mookie Betts or JBJ, probably never will, have a fraction of the access to the scouting knowledge a 2-billion dollar baseball corporation has, most have only seen them play live a couple of times at most, many have at best a tenuous grasp - that they reject - of modern statistical analysis and, for the most part, pay no attention service time/roster issues.
    • But they know best.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

So to summarise:

• The Red Sox have been one of the top teams at drafting, developing and evaluating talent for more than 10 years.
    • 99.999% of guys on the internet have never met Mookie Betts or JBJ, probably never will, have a fraction of the access to the scouting knowledge a 2-billion dollar baseball corporation has, most have only seen them play live a couple of times at most, many have at best a tenuous grasp - that they reject - of modern statistical analysis and, for the most part, pay no attention service time/roster issues.
    • But they know best.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Dat about it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mookie Betts is no longer a second baseman! At least, not on this team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]

And who would you request from the Yankees in a trade for Betts???

[/QUOTE]

Good question. There are a couple of young pitchers that look good; but, I wouldn't trade him in the first place, so I don't have to give than much thought.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right now he's not better than Bradley if you go by who goes up and who goes down.

[/QUOTE]

Is that the way you evaluate players? I evaluate them from what I see, and right now, I see no value whatsoever in Bradley. He can't hit, or hadn't you noticed. Center Fielders who can't hit do not belong in the major leagues,

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from therazcreation. Show therazcreation's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the Red Sox coaching and personnel decision makers need to be DFA'd.....they stink and seem only capable of hurting a players development with all their stupid lateral moves and interfering with devlopment of young players....the fact that they have to send them down to AAA to learn something is a sad indictment of the ball washers like farrell...

[/QUOTE]

I been talking about this for weeks and months. I think the young talent is there but needs leadership. A Tony Larussa or a Bobby Cox type of manager.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

All this Betts talk is craaaaaaaazy.  The kid is 21, not ready for prime time, and got a nice couple cups o coffee.  Now its time for him to go get his work in again where he can continue to develop.  I like him too.  i do.  A lot.  I look forward to 2016 when he is a full grown man.  Remember  those 'Future Stars' cards that were in your old Fleer or Topps sets?  Mookie is on one of those now.  he is not competing for a job now, nor in 2015.  Nice to get excited about a kid, but lets not rush him (Xander and Jackie anyone?).  sending him down now is the right thing to do, no question.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure that I've ever read a post from you that I have disagreed with.  As usual, spot on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is that the way you evaluate players? I evaluate them from what I see, and right now, I see no value whatsoever in Bradley. He can't hit, or hadn't you noticed. Center Fielders who can't hit do not belong in the major leagues,

[/QUOTE]

Mal, hyperbole aside, surely you are able to recognise and appreciate the significant value of JBJ's defense, right?  I write that as someone that hasn't been a big supporter of Bradley or any unproven rookie.  Different eras, different sample sizes, but consider the career stats of CFs:

a)  .250/.302/.382/.684

b)  .244/.279/.366/.645

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

[QUOTE]

Maybe Mookie should get smart and ask to be traded---like, to the Yankees.

When you know you're better than the guys playing in your spot, what alternative do you have?

[/QUOTE]

He started the year in AA.  He is 21 years old. Get a grip.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]

Betts is a second baseman, who has played a few games in centerfield.

Am I confident that he has the athleticism and work ethic to become a good centerfielder? yes I do.

But honestly, does it really matter if it is here or in Boston?  He clearly has some more development to undergo, as I said he was in single A last year at this time.

I think he will be a better player than JBJ actually, but if ends up being much better defensively at 2nd....then he might be better off as trade bait.

He could be a HUGE chip to bring in an impact bat.

[/QUOTE]

Basically this is in support of the Betts 2b thread. It's his natural position and Pedroia owns it in Boston. Not too many choices if the thinking is that he is a 2b other than a trade..unless Dusty becomes a potential trade bait himself. I don't rule out anything anymore based on the Rotation FireSale.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Um, I was joking bosox..:-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

As bad as this SOX team is, I'm not sure going to Pawtucket is 'being sent down.'

25. This post has been removed.