8/9 Game Thread: Bedard vs. Liriano

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: 8/9 Game Thread: Bedard vs. Liriano

Go do it, Paps.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Seeing as Papelbon hasn't blown a save since like, 1922 or something--and is due for one, these one run games make me nervous.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: 8/9 Game Thread: Bedard vs. Liriano:
    [QUOTE]I have to post this link one more time in case you missed it earlier.  An absolute must read about the Sox by Bill Simmons.  Very funny stuff.  If you can't read it tonight, bookmark it for later.  Trust me on this one. http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6808403/red-sox-report-card
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

SI article by tom verducci on pedroia is suppose to be good too, joel.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Offense kind of floundered , tonight.  Still , take a one run lead to the 9th. Time for Pap to nail it down.  Have to like our chances tomorrow , with Lester vs. Blackburn.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Sounds like many watched the Yankee game which was only available on NYC cable (over-the-air). It's a shame that so many Sox fans don't know about MLB Extra Innings which is $1 per game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I must say, these Twins announcers aren't bad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Offense kind of floundered , tonight.  Still , take a one run lead to the 9th. Time for Pap to nail it down.  Have to like our chances tomorrow , with Lester vs. Blackburn.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

battled back again tho....no quit in this team

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Have to get this guy. Don't want anyone on for Mauer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

"Feeling good, Louis!"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Seeing as Papelbon hasn't blown a save since like, 1922 or something--and is due for one, these one run games make me nervous.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

As Vadar would say: "All too easy". +29 for the first time, +2.5, magic #45.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

And the Sox roll on

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

All right!! Man, Paps is in one of his unhittable modes. Hopefully he keeps it!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Pap has never been better than he has been recently.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Aceves and Albers win the last two.  It's a funny game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8/9 Game Thread: Bedard vs. Liriano : SI article by tom verducci on pedroia is suppose to be good too, joel.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Mine should be sitting at the post office tomorrow.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Solid start for Bedard.....2 hits for gonzo, homerun by DMAC, winning hit by papi (albeit about 10 feet;) 7 inning save by paps....come from behind again....night all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Sounds like many watched the Yankee game which was only available on NYC cable (over-the-air). It's a shame that so many Sox fans don't know about MLB Extra Innings which is $1 per game.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]
    Extra Innings package is well worth it for Sox fans outside the NESN area.  Also, get to catch some late Card or Dodger games , as well as others. Vin Scully always a pleasure to listen to.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Smile

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Aceves and Albers win the last two.  It's a funny game.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Told ya Joel! It's a conspiracy I'm tellin' ya, it's devil's work! Surprised

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Solid start for Bedard.....2 hits for gonzo, winning hit by papi (albeit about 10 feet;) 7 inning save by paps....come from behind again....night all.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Agreed! In the first, I wasn't sure we'd get three innings out of Bedard. But he settled down and I don't think he walked anybody after the first. (Could check the box but I'm lazy).
    Like Joel pointed out, how weird that the two guys who gave up the lead the last two nights get the wins!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Aceves and Albers win the last two.  It's a funny game.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]
    Remember Phil Regan, the original vulture?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Sounds like many watched the Yankee game which was only available on NYC cable (over-the-air). It's a shame that so many Sox fans don't know about MLB Extra Innings which is $1 per game.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]
    It's my annual anniversary present from Mrs. Dobler! Which sets the bar high in return, I must say.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8/9 Game Thread: Bedard vs. Liriano : when someone can explain this game, i'm all ears
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

It's funny. The Sox have ended up where we thought they would, but not the WAY we thought they would. Who'd have seen this kind of year from Ellsbury, or Papelbon, or Beckett? Those were the guys we weren't sure about in March. What fools we were! Who saw Josh Reddick coming? Or Albers? Aceves? Funny is exactly right.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

So we're two games up in the loss column. But you can also look at it as a three-game lead, since we get the tie-breaker.
    Get us a sweep tomorrow, Jon ... and go Halos!!
    Night all. Good group tonight, and wins are always fun.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8/9 Game Thread: Bedard vs. Liriano : Extra Innings package is well worth it for Sox fans outside the NESN area.  Also, get to catch some late Card or Dodger games , as well as others. Vin Scully always a pleasure to listen to.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]MLB.TV is great too if you have enough bandwidth and a device like Playstation or Apple TV. HD all NESN feeds and it can work on your PC, your iPad, iPod or Droid and it also includes other features including radio for the dreaded FOX regional blackout or when driving.