8/9 Game Thread: Bedard vs. Liriano

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: 8/9 Game Thread: Bedard vs. Liriano

In Response to Re: 8/9 Game Thread: Bedard vs. Liriano:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8/9 Game Thread: Bedard vs. Liriano : MLB.TV is great too if you have enough bandwidth and a device like Playstation or Apple TV. HD all NESN feeds and it can work on your PC, your iPad, iPod or Droid and it also includes other features including radio for the dreaded FOX regional blackout or when driving.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's how I watch the Sox games. MLBTV is great. Only about $100 for an entire season, and that's not just Sox games. In HD, and if you want to you can send the video to your tv with a video cable. I use it on my ipod too, and that too is awesome. I usually have NYY on my ipod while I watch the Sox on my laptop.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]I have to post this link one more time in case you missed it earlier.  An absolute must read about the Sox by Bill Simmons.  Very funny stuff.  If you can't read it tonight, bookmark it for later.  Trust me on this one. http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6808403/red-sox-report-card
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]
    Hey Joel ... hilarious! ANd what a priceless (not to mention right on) line about how Red Sox fans would complain about a ...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8/9 Game Thread: Bedard vs. Liriano : Hey Joel ... hilarious! ANd what a priceless (not to mention right on) line about how Red Sox fans would complain about a ...
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

That was the line that got me too, Lloyd.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

Very impressed by Bedard in the first inning. Multipule issues to deal with (double play ball trumped by runner moving, absurdly poor balls and strikes calls), didn't crumble. looked strong there after. This guy can pitch, and has excellent stuff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Wasn't Bill Simmons the ultimate apologist for Manny in his long, long article a few years back. After the dust settled, Manny apologized for his despicable, infantile, and selfish behavior. Simmons wrote ten pages of half truths and speculations about Manny. The final jury was RSN and history about Manny. Don't get me wrong  since I will always appreciate Manny as a batter. I also appreciate many others from that 2004 team equally. It is just a shame that Manny tarnished his image in the manner that he did. A sad story all around. I still watch the 2004 DVD  and am glad that my father lived to see a Red Sox championship.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

just watching the replay on mlb in the first and mcleland strke zone is a matchbox aand the reason for first run and for the 2 walks (and likely the hits cause you have to be down the middle to get a strike so far) (still in first with one out).
    anyone know why tek chosen to catch bedard. random?
      agree about what llooyd said, bedard a pretty strong disposition to be calm wiht all those bs walks.
      now 3 in 1st.
    cant imagine how far he would have pitched without this clown behind the plate.
      Bedard looking like a cool customer! anti-lackey.
    imagine what lackey would have done if he was in the same position?
    i cringe to consider.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

funny reading his lips off the mound at end of the first. wow!
    i love this guy already.
    he got hosed on like 20 pitches and took it, and didnt lose it.
    and was humorous coming off the mound.
    dont think beckett would have even been that cool under that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

wow tiny strike zone and tek swinging at a ball just off the ground.
    he's not thinking of just getting on, looks like he's trying to get a hit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

wow tek and ells watching a different game. tiny strike zone and theyre both swinging at balls way off  the plate???

opposite the sox work the pitcher strategy, and very odd given all the ball calls.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

bedard subtle sarcasm. pitched down the middle and he was saying in his head, is that a strike as he walks away from the plate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Red Sox in two hours just came on NESN for those of you missed the game or have insomnia.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

great to see the sox get the win tonight. Bedard battled after getting squeezed big time in by that joke of an ump mclelan. That being said, there has been one alarming trend in the sox hitting lately and that is how bad they have been with the bases loaded. They have been beyond aweful with the bases loaded and again tonight huge opportunity to bust the game wide open with the bases loaded and 1 out and they get no runs in. They cant keep wasting chances like that. The other thing is agonz. He got a few hits tonight but just does not seem right. Pitches he was driving into the seats before he is fouling back. His power numbers have been non-existant since the allstar break. Now i have a few theories that i wanna put forth and see what you guys think:

1) the home run derby messed up his timing/swing
    2) the home run derby re-agrivated his shoulder injury
    3) he is not getting pitches to hit with youk not hitting well behind him. 

What do you guys think? He was looking great right before the allstar break and was pounding the ball. Now he looks like he did at the beginning of the year. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

hey pride, dont have a theory on agon. havent seen enoguh. i mostly see highlights, till recently.

ortiz and agon hrs not there since break and agon extra basehits have been real slow.

bad night of plate discipline. with that ump and what they chased, they could have gotten liriano out of the game sooner and taking more walks and therefore scored more.

2 days after little sleep usually shows up on the field so i give them a pass for a day or 2.

just watched crawfords baserunning error. his head is not in the game at that moment.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

hey phil, i'm in berkeley. i use mlb though i dont get nesn. do you mean a replay of the game or?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]great to see the sox get the win tonight. Bedard battled after getting squeezed big time in by that joke of an ump mclelan. That being said, there has been one alarming trend in the sox hitting lately and that is how bad they have been with the bases loaded. They have been beyond aweful with the bases loaded and again tonight huge opportunity to bust the game wide open with the bases loaded and 1 out and they get no runs in. They cant keep wasting chances like that. The other thing is agonz. He got a few hits tonight but just does not seem right. Pitches he was driving into the seats before he is fouling back. His power numbers have been non-existant since the allstar break. Now i have a few theories that i wanna put forth and see what you guys think: 1) the home run derby messed up his timing/swing 2) the home run derby re-agrivated his shoulder injury 3) he is not getting pitches to hit with youk not hitting well behind him.  What do you guys think? He was looking great right before the allstar break and was pounding the ball. Now he looks like he did at the beginning of the year. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

What do I think? I think that you and Alibi IKe are the same person. Both concern trolls.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

noticing crawford's propensity to swing weekly at very low pitches (chase low balls) into week groundouts (certainly not the management's preferred approach. the one they come down so hard on reddick for). i dont know if hes afraid he wont make contact at all if he doenst do that.....(as opposed to waiting till th eball is pitched into the zone, or is hittable).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

damn! mclelend now fisnishes the game calling strikes several inches off the plate.
    how does this guy keep a job.

Sections
Shortcuts