8/9 Game Thread: Bedard vs. Liriano

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: 8/9 Game Thread: Bedard vs. Liriano

Far too many double plays.  Most of Adrian's double plays come with Ellsbury or Pedroia on.   Solution:  Hit and run!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: 8/9 Game Thread: Bedard vs. Liriano:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8/9 Game Thread: Bedard vs. Liriano : a lot of strikes called balls exam.....
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I hoped that was it and not genuine wildness, does that mean we can reduce Bedard's pitch count? lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]I'm getting tired of watching Gonzalez roll over pitches and ground into double plays. Meanwhile. AJ Burnoutt is now sporting a bleach blonde mop top/bowl cut, and getting rocked for 4 in the 6th. 4-1 LAA.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

walked the bases loaded then a ground rule double 3-1 how they get the 4th run?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]I'm getting tired of watching Gonzalez roll over pitches and ground into double plays. Meanwhile. AJ Burnoutt is now sporting a bleach blonde mop top/bowl cut, and getting rocked for 4 in the 6th. 4-1 LAA.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Yea we can always count on Burnett to keep us ahead of the race... He has been wonderful!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Looks like Bedard would be having an awesome game if he hadn't gotten squeezed in the first.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8/9 Game Thread: Bedard vs. Liriano : walked the bases loaded then a ground rule double 3-1 how they get the 4th run?
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Burnoutt wild pitch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 8/9 Game Thread: Bedard vs. Liriano : Yea we can always count on Burnett to keep us ahead of the race... He has been wonderful!
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]

Yes, and Dan Haren looking very strong so far. He's through 6, still 4-1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

If Im Francona, Im getting thrown out of this game, this ump has got to go!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Is this like the naked gun? Has there been a death threat against someone famous and a goofy, grandstanding cop is now the umpire? If he starts doing the moonwalk......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I am really getting steamed watching pitch after pitch in the zone being called balls.  The Sox hitters are going to have to adjust and stop swinging at close pitches.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

We need to make Liriano get his pitches up.  We're swinging at a lot of low pitches that are no-kidding balls (Ellsbury, AGON).  As we're still in this game (and I think we'll still win it), Tek and Tito need to tread lightly, but if I were Tito and this ump's strike zone doesn't improve, I'd put a verbal smack-down on him and get myself tossed.  He's gotta stick up for Bedard, who has remarkably kept his cool.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from smilerockon52. Show smilerockon52's posts

why is Francona NOT bothering to question this idiot UMP???  Bedard looks very good.  I like what I see.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]I am really getting steamed watching pitch after pitch in the zone being called balls.  The Sox hitters are going to have to adjust and stop swinging at close pitches.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Bedard just about has to throw the ball right down the middle to get a strike called. Result? "A ringing single". This is really out there tonight!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]If Im Francona, Im getting thrown out of this game, this ump has got to go!
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]

mike scoscia got tossed from the NYY game for that reason....then mathis hit a double

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

A damn shame, Bedard is really making some good pitches... I think we will be okay with him going forward.. Our hitters gotta make the adjustment, if they do we will win cause we usually kill Liriano!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]We need to make Liriano get his pitches up.  We're swinging at a lot of low pitches that are no-kidding balls (Ellsbury, AGON).  As we're still in this game (and I think we'll still win it), Tek and Tito need to tread lightly, but if I were Tito and this ump's strike zone doesn't improve, I'd put a verbal smack-down on him and get myself tossed.  He's gotta stick up for Bedard, who has remarkably kept his cool.
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]
    Totally agree. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]I am really getting steamed watching pitch after pitch in the zone being called balls.  The Sox hitters are going to have to adjust and stop swinging at close pitches.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

one entire series were strikes.....some umps think theyre the game

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I wonder what the umpire is thinking right now.....is it "gee I shouldn't of made the strike zone so small tonight...oh well no turning back now" or is it "wow...it seems as though nobody can throw strikes tonight....cause it certainly isn't my strike zone"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

you would think the Sox hitters would take this opportunity to make the pitcher work...but they are being suprisngly aggressive

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Where is the patience on the part of Sox hitters?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Bo's look to make it four straight against the lowly Twins tonight. Erik Bedard makes his second start for the team after being limited to 70 pitches in his debut against Cleveland. He pitched five innings, giving up three runs and striking out five. You just know that his arm could fall off after every pitch he throws.  Liriano once had a no no and only  Edwin Jackson or maybe even Anibal Sanchez has a more irrelevant no-no's in the last ten years. Now Liriano has a mediocre 5.03 ERA and a 7-9 record, going five innings in his last start, giving up seven runs to the Angels while striking out five. But, he’s left-handed so poor Josh Reddick becomes a bench warmer for the night with Darnell McDonald in right.Undecided

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Fatigue from the long game and flight usually hits the second night, could be slowing the Sox down a little. That's usually the way it goes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]We need to make Liriano get his pitches up.  We're swinging at a lot of low pitches that are no-kidding balls (Ellsbury, AGON).  As we're still in this game (and I think we'll still win it), Tek and Tito need to tread lightly, but if I were Tito and this ump's strike zone doesn't improve, I'd put a verbal smack-down on him and get myself tossed.  He's gotta stick up for Bedard, who has remarkably kept his cool.
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

Bedard has always been composed, has a calm demeanor....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

McClelland calling low strike for Liriano

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Crawford unable to lay off low breaking balls, what else is new?

Sections
Shortcuts