82nd All-Star Game Thread: AL at NL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Re: 82nd All-Star Game Thread: AL at NL

I actually liked that Timberlake pissed Buck off.....I can't stand Buck.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

It is funny that Joe Buck mentions that Agon homer was the first since 2008, I thought Buck was setting up the fact that the 2008 homer was hit by JD Drew that won that game for the AL assuming I have all my facts straight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Good to see Gonzo can hit Lee out of the park - a prelude to the WS this year ?

Should shift the balance in confidence from Lee to Gonzo a little bit, I would think.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Buck said we were "going to hear from Josh Beckett", but we never have. What's going on?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

How old is this Castro kid ? 19 ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Bochy out managing Washington again,  just like in the World Series.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

He is 21, and last year becfame the 20th player ever to hit .300 at age 20 (he hit exactly .300, too!)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Who the heck are these guys pitching for the AL? Some of them I've never even heard of. All the good pitchers are either DL'd or pitched Sunday. Don't like our chances of winning tonight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: 82nd All-Star Game Thread: AL at NL:
    [QUOTE]Beckett should have been told by the club not to pitch. It's probably just "precautionary" (our favorite new word), but no way he should have been anywhere near it. BTW..is that Tim Bogar coaching third? Bautista out by 15 feet, and had no business being sent/running.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    Oh my ... is that Sgt. Carter reaming out John Lackey, or am I really tired?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Who the heck are these guys pitching for the AL? Some of them I've never even heard of. All the good pitchers are either DL'd or pitched Sunday. Don't like our chances of winning tonight.

No Verlander, Hernandez, Sabathia , Rivera, Beckett or Lester.  N.L. clearly has the better pitching staff, tonight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Can we all agree that baseball made the right decision in making this game determine home field in the WS.  I'm definitely more intrigued by the game now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 82nd All-Star Game Thread: AL at NL : No Verlander, Hernandez, Sabathia , Rivera, Beckett or Lester.  N.L. clearly has the better pitching staff, tonight.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Did Buck and McCarver read my post?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

UPDATE ON BECKETT: Beckett said he stopped warming as a precaution because he felt some soreness. IT WAS NOT A NEW INJURY. he further stated he promised francona he would be careful and shut it down purely as a precaution.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to 82nd All-Star Game Thread: AL at NL:
    [QUOTE]Here are the lineups: AMERICAN LEAGUE Curtis Granderson (Yankees) CF Asdrubal Cabrera (Indians) SS Adrian Gonzalez (Red Sox) 1B Jose Bautista (Blue Jays) RF Josh Hamilton(Rangers) LF Adrian Beltre (Rangers) 3B David Ortiz (Red Sox) DH Robinson Cano (Yankees) 2B Alex Avila (Tigers) C Pitching: RHP Jered Weaver (Angels), 11-4, 1.86 NATIONAL LEAGUE Rickie Weeks (Brewers) 2B Carlos Beltran (Mets) DH Matt Kemp (Dodgers) CF Prince Fielder (Brewers) 1B Brian McCann (Braves) C Lance Berkman (Cardinals) RF Matt Holliday (Cardinals) LF Troy Tulowitzki (Rockies) SS Scott Rolen (Cardinals) 3B Pitching: RHP Roy Halladay (Phillies), 11-3, 2.45
    Posted by -EdithBunker-[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the set up, Edith.

Doesn't look good for the AL.  Prince .....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 82nd All-Star Game Thread: AL at NL : Oh my ... is that Sgt. Carter reaming out John Lackey, or am I really tired?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Yeah. LOL...People were calling Lackey Gomer Pyle, so I photoshopped two pics to make it happen. Laughed til I cried when I got done with it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]UPDATE ON BECKETT: Beckett said he stopped warming as a precaution because he felt some soreness. IT WAS NOT A NEW INJURY. he further stated he promised francona he would be careful and shut it down purely as a precaution.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Thanks j-bay, as usual, you're our fountain of good news. That was kinda what I thought. Wish you could give us some good news on the score....:-(

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 82nd All-Star Game Thread: AL at NL : Oh my ... is that Sgt. Carter reaming out John Lackey, or am I really tired?

Yeah. LOL...People were calling Lackey Gomer Pyle, so I photoshopped two pics to make it happen. Laughed til I cried when I got done with it. And it must have worked, because he was shut down good the first night I used it! PYYYYYYYLLLLE!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

[QUOTE] He is 21, and last year becfame the 20th player ever to hit .300 at age 20 (he hit exactly .300, too!)
    Posted by WE5NUTS[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  He looked pretty young, I wasn't off by much.  I hope the kid has a long, productive career.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 82nd All-Star Game Thread: AL at NL : Thanks j-bay, as usual, you're our fountain of good news. That was kinda what I thought. Wish you could give us some good news on the score....:-(

it's not over yet, E

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Interesting that Bochy used Halladay and Lee for two innings each. Taking the game seriously.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

He wants the home advantage if the G's get back to thew WS...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 82nd All-Star Game Thread: AL at NL : Yeah. LOL...People were calling Lackey Gomer Pyle, so I photoshopped two pics to make it happen. Laughed til I cried when I got done with it.
    My god, that is absolutely classic!!! Perhaps the greatest avatar ever. Well done, bro!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

NL has all the pitching today.  They are poised to bring the game home, and the home field advantage for the series.

Good thing that Sox are good on the road.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 82nd All-Star Game Thread: AL at NL : My god, that is absolutely classic!!! Perhaps the greatest avatar ever. Well done, bro!

Thx Lloyd!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 82nd All-Star Game Thread: AL at NL : He wants the home advantage if the G's get back to thew WS...
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Yup, another two inning stint, here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]UPDATE ON BECKETT: Beckett said he stopped warming as a precaution because he felt some soreness. IT WAS NOT A NEW INJURY. he further stated he promised francona he would be careful and shut it down purely as a precaution.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Let's hope he is okay and does not miss a start after the break. It goes without saying, that we need Josh, Lester and Buch to be healthy for the second half.

Sections
Shortcuts