9/14 Sox/Jays Game Thread - Lackey vs Romero

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: 9/14 Sox/Jays Game Thread - Lackey vs Romero

we are no worse off than we were yesterday before wake pitched and time is running out...we are going to end up in the playoffs my frustrated friends...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

In Response to Re: 9/14 Sox/Jays Game Thread - Lackey vs Romero:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9/14 Sox/Jays Game Thread - Lackey vs Romero : But this isn't soccer, rugby, hocky, basketball or football...this is baseball which rely's on mechanics and technique more than any of those other sports....small injuries can throw mechanics off all the time. You can tough out an injury but you may be worthless on the field....weve seen it from hitters who can't hit to pitchers who can't pitch. We also don't know the extent of the injury and how much the tightness is bothering him, playing under those conditions greatly enhances your chances of sustaining a more sever injury....we do not want Gonzo seriously injured for the playoffs. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Oh please  I played baseball through American Legion and then  25 years of adult soccer and softball.

Major league baseball players are among the worst conditioned professional athletes...anyone whose been to spring training for the calisthenics they almost go through.. 

I can just imagine what Lackey and Beckett's BMI was last year 2010..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Frown

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mwTessie. Show mwTessie's posts

[QUOTE] youk doesnt look right not good all the way around tough loss.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I think Youk's injuries are having a big effect on him.  Limiting his mobility, he is struggling to make clean plays and doesn't look good at the plate either.  I think he'll gut it out until he can't go anymore. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

And the Red Sox go CHOKING along ( cough! gag!). 

Bard is almost personally blowing us out of the PS. Three straight lousy performances costing critical games. It looks like he can't take the pressure when the chips are down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

Next time Bard  pitches should be in a blow out.. can't trust this kid in a close game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

[QUOTE]concerned about bard...if it's not physical, it's mental. agone also. youk doesn't look right not good all the way around. tough loss.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Concerened???????????????????????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from riles519. Show riles519's posts

Can any Red Sox pitcher, besides paps, come into a game and pound the strike zone, and make hitters earn their way on?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9/14 Sox/Jays Game Thread - Lackey vs Romero : Concerened???????????????????????
    Posted by jozee76[/QUOTE]

ya at this point, concerned. Bard has been lights out all season. back to back bad outing is a reason for concern, but not panic. it happens to the best of 'em. it may be physical or mental but they need to figure it out... in a hurry.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The Red Sox (86-62) now have the third-best record in the American League after the Tigers (87-62) came back from a 5-2 deficit with three runs in the ninth and one in the 10th to pull out a 6-5 win over the White Sox.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Granite2000. Show Granite2000's posts

[QUOTE]Next time Bard  pitches should be in a blow out.. can't trust this kid in a close game.
    Posted by amishrockstar[/QUOTE]

Good idea. Are we playing Boston College again this season?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Redsoxfanforever. Show Redsoxfanforever's posts

Another blow

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9/14 Sox/Jays Game Thread - Lackey vs Romero : Oh please  I played baseball through American Legion and then  25 years of adult soccer and softball. Major league baseball players are among the worst conditioned professional athletes...anyone whose been to spring training for the calisthenics they almost go through..  I can just imagine what Lackey and Beckett's BMI was last year 2010..
    Posted by jackyldo[/QUOTE]

I myself have an extensive record of sports, from highschool baseball to professional boxing, and I also have had 3 years of college for health and human performance before switching to economics (big change I know)  So I think I might know a thing or two about the human body and how it can be effected by the mechanics of the sport.

I do not disagree that baseball athletes are among the worst conditioned....some of them, not all.  A lot of that has to do with the type of condition they have to be in...playing baseball and playing football are not only different in nature but in how your body responds as well.

I stand by my statement that you need more technique in baseball and a small injury can throw your technique off and effect your performance more than any other sport. I also stand by my statement that a small injury if ignored and played through increases your chance of hurting yourself further or incurring a separate more severe injury....and ANY trainer or health professional will tell you that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

and for the record the baseball athletes that are among the better conditioned are usually the ones who take it upon themselves to stay in such great shape. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Great Game!!!!! LOL....you sorry pukes!!
    Posted by -----TheBabe----1[/QUOTE]
    Welcome, new poster.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Birds 4 Rays 2 after 4.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Still 4-2 Birds after 7.  Nice effort by Guthrie.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Welcome to the big leagues Matt Moore...you have just been touched up for the first time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Thanks to the Birds for taking 2 of 3.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

At least there's some good news.
    Can't help thinking the lead should be five games ... but at least it isn't three.

Sections
Shortcuts