9/18 Game Thread Price vs. Wakefield

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Re: 9/18 Game Thread Price vs. Wakefield

I guess watching the Sox all year and seeing them recover from that disastrous beginning in April, it becomes all the harder to watch them now.  It doesn't matter that they have injuries - what matters is that they are not winning especially against a team I have not thought much about all year long.  It is shocking that their minor league system could provide absolutely no help in a time of great need.  Maybe trading away the system was not such a great idea. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Just for information , this game is being shown on TBS , with professional announcers. Much preferable to listening to the nonsense you get from Remy and Orsillo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Thats for that tip - I am stuck in FL with the Rays announcers and they are (sadly) still better than Don & Jerry who banter back and forth the whole game with their rhetoric that has nothing to do with the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

AS DAD WOULD SAY ....... "SON, WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR" !!!!!Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I don't wish any player any harm so I do hope Price is not hurt and if he continues to pitch and dominate us, so be it. It's just that if that ball goes by him it's a hit and it's uncanny that it bounces from him on one bounce to Logonria & becomes an out.

But, ya know, so what. I just don't get excited anymore getting 1-2-3 men on base.
    Seems only way we can look to score these days is with a home run and there ain't been many of those !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

It amazes me how other teams LF play the Green Monster better than our own! Baffling!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

If this was any team but the Sox I would be LMAO - unfortunately it is not funny.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Pats have fake tickets, sox have fake players.

Sox will be out of playoffs by the end of Balt, series.

The biggest blown lead in Sept. should bring about some changes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

If the Sox continue this bad baseball for the next ten games , they will go down in baseball history as one of the biggest collapses and choke jobs ever.  This is really disappointing.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Yeah

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Wow!  Some life in the Sox.  Maybe that hit did something to Price because he sure doesn't look the same this inning.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Let's go Red Sox! Let's go Red Sox!

Tim Wakefield in his last appearance against the Rays, took the loss in a 4-0 game,  but he pitched well, going seven innings and giving up two runs (one earned) on four hits and five walks against two strikeouts.

David Price is 3-1 with a 2.70 ERA in four starts against the Red Sox this year, and he won his two starts at Fenway.

Lineups

Boston Red Sox

1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
    2. Mike Aviles, 3B
    3. Adrian Gonzalez, 1B
    4. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
    5. David Ortiz, DH
    6. Conor Jackson, LF
    7. Darnell McDonald, RF
    8. Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
    9. Marco Scutaro, SS

Tampa Bay Rays

1. Desmond Jennings, LF
    2. B.J. Upton, CF
    3. Evan Longoria, 3B
    4. Casey Kotchman, 1B
    5. Johnny Damon, DH
    6. Ben Zobrist, 2B
    7. Matt Joyce, RF
    8. Sean Rodriguez, SS
    9. Kelly Shoppach, C

INJURY REPORT

Boston: Clay Buchholz, lower back strain (placed on 15-day DL June 19, retroactive to June 17); J.D. Drew, left shoulder impingement, broken finger (placed on 15-day DL July 26, placed on 60-day DL September 13); Erik Bedard, left knee, left lat (day to day, likely to miss one start); Jed Lowrie, bruised nerve in left shoulder (day-to-day); Kevin Youkilis, left hip bursitis and sports hernia (day-to-day)

Papelbon got his 30th save....he is the first pitched in Major League history to post 30+ save seasons in each of his first six seasons.

Fifteen years ago today, the bottle rocket clemens tied his own record, striking out 20 Tigers in a 4-0 win.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Is it because we were down by 4 runs that McDonald bunting to get men on 2nd & 3rd with one out not a consideration. Oh, well, power hitter that he is, Tito let him hit away. Ok, I guess I should be happy he got the double but with Papi on 1st he could have hit into a DP too.

Am I getting greedy ? McDonald misses a HR by a couple of feet. Hmmm ??? Why was that important ?  Is it too much to ask that we score 1 more run with him on 2nd and one out ! Lucky, I guess, that the double was enough to score Papi or he'd have been stranded at 3rd.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

ugly inning

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ldupesox. Show Ldupesox's posts

Wakefield is done. He's always been pretty inconsistent, because thats the knuckleball, but I've never seen him look this bad. And this isn't an over-reaction, he's 43.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

cmon francona...yank wake NOW!  we can still come back from 3...not 5-6

25. This post has been removed.