9/18 Game Thread Price vs. Wakefield

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Re: 9/18 Game Thread Price vs. Wakefield

In 76 (yes, 76) years of watching RS baseball, I have never seen anything this pathetic. (Almost) makes one want to root for the Rays!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ct-pitcher. Show ct-pitcher's posts

In Response to Re: 9/18 Game Thread Price vs. Wakefield:
    [QUOTE]Wakefield is done. He's always been pretty inconsistent, because thats the knuckleball, but I've never seen him look this bad. And this isn't an over-reaction, he's 43.
    Posted by Ldupesox[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]Pitch count starting to get up need tough at bats
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Need a new pitcher, too!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ldupesox. Show Ldupesox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9/18 Game Thread Price vs. Wakefield : 45
    Posted by ct-pitcher[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected, but further proves my point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

This is absolutely pathetic. Total disaster.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

This is what Wakefield has become now at 45 years of age. The pitch no longer fools anybody. He gives up about 5 runs by the 5th inning. He can wild pitch like crazy, he is easy to steal against. His team gets back into the game and he gives them a run right back. HE NEEDS TO GO AND RETIRE. HE IS DONE AND IS EMBARRASSING HIMSELF OUT THERE. PLEASE NO MORE OF THIS. I WILL SCREAM IF HE IS ON THE ROSTER IF WE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS AND IF HE MAKES THIS TEAM NEXT YEAR.

I KNOW HE IS VERY INVOVED WITH THE CHARITIES IN THE GREATER bOSTON ARE, BUT ENOUGH ALREADY.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ct-pitcher. Show ct-pitcher's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9/18 Game Thread Price vs. Wakefield : I stand corrected, but further proves my point.
    Posted by Ldupesox[/QUOTE]

Absolutely does.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Ah Yes, I've just had a cartharsis of anxiety of who's to win this game...I can now breath easier & move on to Football. My masochism has been satisfied today!

If the Vegas bookies don't favor the Orioles tomorrow, the fix is in !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

It is hard to cheer for this team, but Maddon has turned into an aho#e with that dyed hair and the length of it. What is he trying to be young again ?  The fighting of the balls and strikes the other night was childish because the Rays were the beneficiary of a very wide strike zone in Tampa last Sunday.

Whats going to happen now is that their bullpen is going to throw goose eggs the rest of the game. Very very disappointing Red Sox Team and game, and management for not getting help in July and in August as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

While the bats continue their funk, now add problems with the arms & gloves in the field. This has become a joke, when McD provides the only run production.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

There seems to be absolutely NO SENSE OF URGENCY on this team.  Especially with Tito! 

NOTHING happening in ANY GAME seems to matter!

NO URGENCY to win, NO URGENCY for fans to watch!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chick92. Show chick92's posts

horrible pitching horibble offense and horrible defense 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

This team needs a good pitcher next year, a good pitcher, not a cheap project like Andrew Miller, not a minor league contract hoping to catch lightening in a bottle. They have to go and try to bid on Sabathia. There is way too much uncertainty next year in this rotation. Please enough of Wakefield, Lackey, Miller, and Wyland.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Dirty Jays trying to shut out the Y.  Wouldn't that be something if the Devil dawg took first and the Angel the wild card?  Who wouldathunk that?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The stupid question that I have is that I hear AGON's surgically repaired shoulder is hurting him again. Why in the world would he participate in the Home Run Derby at the Allstar Game and risk injuring it swinging about a hundred times hard ? Why would the Red Sox Management and Medical Staff let him do it ? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Why isn't Carl Crawford playing, another day off from Tito ? Connor Jackson and DMAC are the best we can put out there ? This is like 2009 at the end of the season where Tito lost the rythem and started resting everybody. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

You would think we got a break when Price had to leave , but it does not matter who comes out of the Rays bullpen.  Sox are absolutely lifeless.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

All I know is that since 2008 The Rays have completely and totally man-handled us and the entire Sox organization seem more than OK to just bend over and take it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chick92. Show chick92's posts

we have to be the only team in mlb that platoons a 20million a year guy

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brian1976. Show Brian1976's posts

WOW.  The Rays just won the World Series!!!   They're hoisting the trophy now!  Oh yeah its still the regular season and they'll lose two out of three to the Yankees anyway coming up.  Will someone please punch Joe Maddon and bean Longoria already.  If the sox are gonna go down at least do so swinging. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Francona needs to boot them in the rear end. He will never do that because he is one of the boys. I do not get how two big guys come here like Lackey and Carwford who were good on their respective teams but look like garbage on our team. I am baffled. If Crawford was playing like this in Tampa Maddon or Longoria would have called him out.

n Response to Re: 9/18 Game Thread Price vs. Wakefield:
    [QUOTE]You would think we got a break when Price had to leave , but it does not matter who comes out of the Rays bullpen.  Sox are absolutely lifeless.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

getting shut down by jake mcgee?  can you imagine hitters saying, "gosh, i hope i never have to face jake friggun mcgee"?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

We need to think hard about how tough the O's have been playing lately too. No guarentees vs. them in the upcoming series. Tomorrow could easily be an Oriole sweep, the way we are now playing, or should I say not playing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Rays are exposing and exploiting all of the Sox weaknesses.