9/18 Game Thread Price vs. Wakefield

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: 9/18 Game Thread Price vs. Wakefield

The Sox look real old now and getting manhandled by a younger hungrier team. We rest guys when I have no idea why. I guess they do not want to embarrass Carl Crawford anymore against his old buds. We have a Triple AAA team out there with Jackson. Aviles, DMAC and Miller pitching. I know Drew is gone next year but Wakefield needs to go and maybe Ortiz as well. This team cannot give him a two year deal at 24 million when they have a major pitching hole to fill.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Good Afternoon everybody...well, unless you guys pull this one out looks like we'll both stub our toes again today...Yanks better win that makeup game tomorrow...Yell

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

8-2 good night everybody. Daughter has soccer practice which is a hell of a lot more interestin than this game. One of Theo's projects Andrew Miller, another cheap high upside guy ! Great job Theo you clown.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Did anyone in the Red Sox organization really think that we had any chance today? Just horrible. It's like from top to bottom the Red Sox are the wakling dead right now. Down by 6 now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Watching this team makes me positively ILL. And we thought they were bad in April--how little we knew. I still don't think Tampa will win the WC though, but this is embarrasing to watch, and does not bode well even if we make the PS. (understatement of the century)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I agree completely with you and said yesterday that I had no confidence in Tim "Way Back Wakefield". Knew when Lester did not win we were dead today. Not too confident with the two clowns we have going tomorrow in Waland and Lackey either.

In Response to Re: 9/18 Game Thread Price vs. Wakefield:
    Did anyone in the Red Sox organization really think that we had any chance today? Just horrible. It's like from top to bottom the Red Sox are the wakling dead right now. Down by 6 now.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

All I know is that since 2008 The Rays have completely and totally man-handled us and the entire Sox organization seem more than OK to just bend over and take it.
    Posted by andrewmitch

A.M., I really am beginning to believe that it's coming down from the personalities of the people in charge of this team. There is absolutely no FIRE in this team, even when they were winning there was no fire. Grab your ankles! It's not as if NYY have been hot, they are 4-5 in their last 9. We should have passed them days ago, but no killer instinct.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Some will try to spin it that we still have a two game lead in the wild card.  But , the Sox look like a dispirited , beaten and worn out ballclub. It is hard to see how they can turn it around against the Orioles.  This is a team in free fall. Very hard to fathom.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Sox kept the wrong "Mill"...I heard they really wanted Mill-wood, but were lazy on the signup contract sheet, and left it at Mill...a ball boy added the 'er' and now we have Miller and the Rockies claimed Millwood

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Some will try to spin it that we still have a two game lead in the wild card.  But , the Sox look like a dispirited , beaten and worn out ballclub. It is hard to see how they can turn it around against the Orioles.  This is a team in free fall. Very hard to fathom.
    Posted by dgalehouse

It's not spin dg, they really do have a 2 game lead! I still don't think the Rays will actually win it, something will happen and they'll cool off. The trouble is what it means for us when we get there. There is one possibility where this slump could turn for the team's good. That is, if they survive and make it in, it could be looked at as getting a clean slate and a new chance. If you look back at world champions, usually they got pushed to the brink of destruction at some point in the season, but pulled back from the edge. That could work in the Sox' favor, but again, that's just one of many scenarios of how this could go, most of which are bad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It was clear from the start that we had no chance at all to win today.  Yesterday's loss was the thing that hurts the most.  You have to consider the possibility that the Sox were overrated , and the Rays actually have the better all around team. It sure looks that way lately.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

1-6 vs Rays in September w/ the season on the line

It's about as close to the Massacre as you can get

Rays absolutely have their way with the Sox

4X the payroll too

there is no way to spin it - even if they make the playoffs there is no way they can get past the 1st round; they simply do not deserve it

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It's clear that going into the 7 game set they had no chance.  The fact that we won one game should be viewed as some type of moral victory.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: 9/18 Game Thread Price vs. Wakefield : It's not spin dg, they really do have a 2 game lead! I still don't think the Rays will actually win it, something will happen and they'll cool off. The trouble is what it means for us when we get there. There is one possibility where this slump could turn for the team's good. That is, if they survive and make it in, it could be looked at as getting a clean slate and a new chance. If you look back at world champions, usually they got pushed to the brink of destruction at some point in the season, but pulled back from the edge. That could work in the Sox' favor, but again, that's just one of many scenarios of how this could go, most of which are bad.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Exam , that is what I would like to think , but it is not what I am seeing. Do you see any life in this team?  The Rays are making them look sick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Previous inning we walk .218 Rodriguez with no outs & he steals 2nd...fortunately they don't score. But next inning, 2 walks, 2 stolen bases, a wild pitch, men on 2nd & 3rd & the Rays really needed it being up 6-2, didn't they. Get a single & score 2.
    It's called us being unlucky---no, with our defense, I mean that in a good sense, it's better to let them hit than issue a walk.

The Rays are definitely a better team than we are. Their comeback this month against us is almost, I said almost, as incredible a feat as our coming back from 0-3 to Yank & winning series in 2004.

There was a comment about their coach's hair & his dying it yellow. Yup, he looks like a fool and there's no fool like an old fool but do you really think the Ray's fans care. We are ala "sour grapes" making fun of his appearance at this stage. The Rays are our daddy !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brian1976. Show Brian1976's posts

I agree with AL34.  How the hell does Crawford sit today?  What is this a Slow Pitch tournament? Nice job Tito. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness-hate-me. Show harness-hate-me's posts

Why is Maddon pulling the pitcher? The winning run is not on base yet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

well, I am not sure there is such thing as Rays fan.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

It was clear from the start that we had no chance at all to win today.  Yesterday's loss was the thing that hurts the most.  You have to consider the possibility that the Sox were overrated , and the Rays actually have the better all around team. It sure looks that way lately.
    Posted by dgalehouse

I agree that yesterday was the one that got away. I don't know anyone that actually believed we'd win today or Friday. I don't believe for a second TB has a better team, they're just healthier now. Remember that this Red Sox team was the best team in baseball for 3 months. Health is the MAIN problem they have had. If anything, something needs to be looked into in this area. This is the 4th consecutive year that HEALTH and one season ending/devastating injury after another has derailed an otherwise contending team. And hey, look at that, I have the Patriots game here. If they lose, this day will really be a downer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: 9/18 Game Thread Price vs. Wakefield : Exam , that is what I would like to think , but it is not what I am seeing. Do you see any life in this team?  The Rays are making them look sick.
    Posted by dgalehouse

No, I don't see any life now, but I'm not ready to give up on the WC until it's over and they've lost it. Anything could happen. All they'd have to do is win both those games tomorrow and they'd be almost halfway closer than they are now to winning it. I wouldn't be worried at all except for the injuries--THAT is what concerns me most.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

It's claerly going be up to Yook, papi, agone all coming back healthy and pedey rebounding as well as Clay to provide strength in the pen.  i don't expect much from bedard, lackey, wakes, miller, crawford, and the other dead bats and afrms

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Gonzalez' shoulder must be completely blown out by now. He looks utterly helpless up there. There's another medical issue--as somebody posted before--why was he allowed to do the HR derby? He's not been the same since.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brian1976. Show Brian1976's posts

All Hail AVILES!  Back in it.  now maybe someone can wake up Gonzalez. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

The rays as you call them will forever be devil dawgs

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: 9/18 Game Thread Price vs. Wakefield : I agree that yesterday was the one that got away. I don't know anyone that actually believed we'd win today or Friday. I don't believe for a second TB has a better team, they're just healthier now. Remember that this Red Sox team was the best team in baseball for 3 months. Health is the MAIN problem they have had. If anything, something needs to be looked into in this area. This is the 4th consecutive year that HEALTH and one season ending/devastating injury after another has derailed an otherwise contending team. And hey, look at that, I have the Patriots game here. If they lose, this day will really be a downer.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Injuries are part of the game.  Can't use that as an excuse. The thing with the Sox injuries is ; how many are actually the result of a traumatic incident and how many just seem to happen for no apparent reason?  It is certainly fair to question the physical conditioning of some of these guys.

Sections
Shortcuts