9/25 Game 1 Thread - Wake vs. Burnett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: 9/25 Game 1 Thread - Wake vs. Burnett

Brady a 4th pick, pick 6 this time. Bills take the lead. What is with this city? Fluke pic, but pic just the same.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Bills up 31-24....Sox are contagious..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

On the glass is half full side ; Pap , Bard and Aceves will be well rested for Baltimore.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

wow - back to back years w/ enormous injuries

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: 9/25 Game 1 Thread - Wake vs. Burnett:
    [QUOTE]I think one of the big issues with the Sox is that there is no team identity anymore.  When they were winning two WS...they had team spirit, laughed and played the game the way it was supposed to be played.  The past two years there has been such an influx of new players into the team...nobody is a leader anymore.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

They never did have an identity, been sayin' that all year, and yeah, a big part of it is the influx of new players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Bills up 31-24....Sox are contagious..
    Posted by CMHBOSOX[/QUOTE]
    Pat's defense is going to be a problem all year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]I think one of the big issues with the Sox is that there is no team identity anymore.  When they were winning two WS...they had team spirit, laughed and played the game the way it was supposed to be played.  The past two years there has been such an influx of new players into the team...nobody is a leader anymore.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

that was one of the dangers w/ "trading" VMArt and Beltre for Crawful and Gonzalez

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Bills up 31-24....Sox are contagious..
    Posted by CMHBOSOX[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Wow!  Sox lose a pitcher warming up on the mound???  I think the priority over the winter is to hire a new medical and training staff!!!  These past two years of injuries are too much alike and not just happenstance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

You almost have to laugh. Now , a pitcher gets hurt warming up. Just when you think you have seen everything.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Dude, trust me.  You ain't seen nothing yet.  It will get worse.

Baltimore - Buck and Gregg - that is gonna get ugly

Then the one game playoff where we will submit to the team worth Crawful and Lackey's salary.......

Be happy now - it ain't so bad today!!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9/25 Game 1 Thread - Wake vs. Burnett : that was one of the dangers w/ "trading" VMArt and Beltre for Crawful and Gonzalez
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on that point for sure.  They had the makings of a great team without changing the face of the lineup.  If it ain't broke don't try to fix it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Just think, we have 6 years to watch Cr-Awful try and gel w/ this team

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9/25 Game 1 Thread - Wake vs. Burnett : Pat's defense is going to be a problem all year.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

I don't have the game here, but from what I can see on NFL Redzone, it looks like Brady has had some fluke, tipped interceptions--one returned for a td. More than than the defense I think. I used to like the Bills back in the Jim Kelly days. Not so much now. Wow, Ochocinco drops a sure TD pass. There's another ballyhooed pickup that won't amount to very much for Boston.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The way the team is playing reminds me of when I have a big meeting in the morning and a 2nd one in the afternoon.  I want to rush through the morning meeting so I can have a break in the afternoon before my 2nd meeting.

On the other hand, if I earned ONE HUNDRED TIMES what I make now, I wouldn't mind running late and forgoing a lunch break.......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I think the Sox should put CC in RF and let him use that speed in a bigger field of play instead of just catching balls off the wall which obviously is not his forte.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 9/25 Game 1 Thread - Wake vs. Burnett : Pat's defense is going to be a problem all year.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE] Pats' have usually been my sure thing in my work pool, but on a hunch i took the Bills, just wasn't positive the Pats could cover 9 1/2..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Don't know much about this kid Nova that is pitching tonight in the 2nd game but wow! - what a record he has!  However I do know a lot about this kid Lackey the Sox are pitching - wow! - what a record he has!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]I think the Sox should put CC in RF and let him use that speed in a bigger field of play instead of just catching balls off the wall which obviously is not his forte.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

The man is a butcher with glove.  We essentially signed a 142 million guy w/ a sub .300 On Base Average to be our DH for the next SIX YEARS.  That alone should get Theo fired.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

This is the Sox worst Sept. record since 1926. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Don't know much about this kid Nova that is pitching tonight in the 2nd game but wow! - what a record he has!  However I do know a lot about this kid Lackey the Sox are pitching - wow! - what a record he has!
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

You kidding? John Lackey is a ROCK STAR! Expect a no hitter (not by Lackey). Meanwhile, at least SOMEBODY is coming off the matt. Pats fight back to tie.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]This is the Sox worst Sept. record since 1926. 
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

5-23 would probably be the worst ever, and that's where we're headed if things don't turn around.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I see Lackey wrote himself into the Sox record books this year...he has the highest ERA of any pitcher of 150 innings or more in Sox history - take a bow Mr. Lackey - you are now forever a Sox stat!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Strange   their is not even a remote feeling this team can come back ....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Ortiz 0-21 with RISP last 21 ABs...the whole team is catching this.