98.5 interview with John Henry

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Re: 98.5 interview with John Henry

Like I said; that John Henry would decide to take the time to comment publicly on anything is unprofessional and ego-maniacal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: 98.5 interview with John Henry:
    [QUOTE]Felger and Mazz were more than happy to have John Henry walk UNINVITED into their studio. Why should that bother you when it didn't bother them? In Response to Re: 98.5 interview with John Henry : " Principal owner John Henry , who made a surprise appearance on 98.5 The Sports Hub’s Felger & Mazz on Friday , said it was “definitely a baseball signing,” but not necessarily one he agreed with. “In fact, anyone involved in the process, anybody involved in upper management with the Red Sox would tell you that I personally opposed that,” said Henry. “Why? Because we had plenty of left-handed hitting. I don’t have to go into why. I’ll just tell you that at the time, I opposed the deal.”
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Go away, nobody likes you.

In bold above, what a petty, thin-skinned, egotistical statement. He sounds like a five year old. It's like posters around here running around with "see, I told you so!" Furthermore, it's totally unthinkable to even suggest he may have put everyone in line before his impromptu visit, which I already stated I think was staged on his part, and still poorly executed. Who, in these times of unemployment, would dare call Henry a liar? Nobody would. Well, actually, Francona did with his "didn't always have the backing of ownership" comments. Red Sox Brass were trying to seperate Lester from this mess...and today he speaks, and it's just how clear the Sox were, again lying.

See the trend here?

One group is consistently outright lying, or living in half truths, or lying through ommission. That would be the OWNERSHIP group.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

And he put 142 million into what he thought was abad investment?

I'm no rich guy, but do they regularly disagree with advice they are given, and then go ahead and invest vast sums of money anyway? I don't know, to me, that seems patently moronic and a good way to go broke. This was not a 50k investement in some startup....we're talking 142 MILLION DOLLARS that he supposedly invested without thinking it was a good idea.

Lies?

Stupidity?

Either way, he comes off looking like a fool.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]And he (John Henry) put 142 million into what he thought was a bad investment...he (John Henry) comes off looking like a fool.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

He (John Henry) IS a fool.
    He (John Henry) just so happens to own the Red Sox and WILL figuratively hang himself sooner than later. The Sox will not recover from this fiasco until the lot of punks and the current owner is gone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dragon,
    I am with you after the interview that was put on the BB on Saturday, many trumpeted how Henry really set the Felger and Mazz straight. Without having to be a fan of either radio host I listened and felt as I suspected that Henry at least for me came off very poorly.  He did not offer any convincing arguments nor did he articulate why fans should not be questioning ownership's mysterious and terrible public relations behavior after such a season ending debacle which was Sept.  Defending the quiet voiced Henry does not explain the unacceptable end of this red sox team. They were 83 and 41 going into Sept.  and collapsed in a way that was historic even for those of us who go back to the sixties and seventies. The glory of 2004 will never be repeated but you cannot overlook this type of behavior as it is so troubling that a team that could do the impossible could fall from grace so pathetically.  There is some great lesson to be learned by all this but I am mad as hell unlike the group that keeps calling for blind loyalty which I will refer to as  the Red Sox love it or leave it crowd here.  I remember in the seventies the bumper stickers that read "America Love it or leave it."  I never agreed with them either. The Red Sox even with there past two championships deserve our disdain right now, they have earned it and hopefully can rise above it next year or in the years to come.  They disgraced themselves this year. Face it the players, the management, and the ownership all share in it. We the fans have a right to judge and they are guilty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]Dragon, I am with you after the interview that was put on the BB on Saturday, many trumpeted how Henry really set the Felger and Mazz straight. Without having to be a fan of either radio host I listened and felt as I suspected that Henry at least for me came off very poorly.  He did not offer any convincing arguments nor did he articulate why fans should not be questioning ownership's mysterious and terrible public relations behavior after such a season ending debacle which was Sept.  Defending the quiet voiced Henry does not explain the unacceptable end of this red sox team. They were 83 and 41 going into Sept.  and collapsed in a way that was historic even for those of us who go back to the sixties and seventies. The glory of 2004 will never be repeated but you cannot overlook this type of behavior as it is so troubling that a team that could do the impossible could fall from grace so pathetically.  There is some great lesson to be learned by all this but I am mad as hell unlike the group that keeps calling for blind loyalty which I will refer to as  the Red Sox love it or leave it crowd here.  I remember in the seventies the bumper stickers that read "America Love it or leave it."  I never agreed with them either. The Red Sox even with there past two championships deserve our disdain right now, they have earned it and hopefully can rise above it next year or in the years to come.  They disgraced themselves this year. Face it the players, the management, and the ownership all share in it. We the fans have a right to judge and they are guilty.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

concord27...you sound like a bandwagon jumping, johnny-come-lately Red Sox Nation A R S E who proclaims himself capable of judgement. Effff you. That "they deserve (y)our disdain right now" is not the question here. The options are not "love the Sox or leave them" on the one hand and villify them all on the other. Thankfully you'll have the off-season to get over the great angst you have experienced.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenapplesplatters. Show greenapplesplatters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 98.5 interview with John Henry : He (John Henry) IS a fool. He (John Henry) just so happens to own the Red Sox and WILL figuratively hang himself sooner than later. The Sox will not recover from this fiasco until the lot of punks and the current owner is gone.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

The worst part is that Henry is no doubt surrounded by sycophants who are telling him he did a fantastic job. That's never a good thing for a guy in his position.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABQDan. Show ABQDan's posts

Yeah, JH is a yutz.  I know people who've worked for him; he likes his bum licked just like a lot of rich, insecure men.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, JH is a yutz.  I know people who've worked for him; he likes his bum licked just like a lot of rich, insecure men.
    Posted by ABQDan[/QUOTE]

I spoke with an executive in a South Shore corporation, stating, "...I can imagine his PR team approaching him with critical concern about him exposing the Sox to further ridicule." His response was, "...no one would think of doing that."

Gotta love American businesses.

Sections
Shortcuts