A 6' 7" LEFT HANDER THAT THROWS 99 & HAS A SWEEPING CURVE COULD.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

SOMEDAY BECOME "ALL WORLD".......  WHAT SAY YOU ????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: A 6' 7" LEFT HANDER THAT THROWS 99 & HAS A SWEEPING CURVE COULD.......

Yeah except for the past two failures at the MLB level.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

third times a charm

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

be a failure.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Hey, what does it hurt to make him a 5th starter til their options improve?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I love a surprise.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

he's closer to 6' 5'' than 6'7'' and hits 95-96 on most guns not 99, and has a career 15-26 record. Besides that, I am still very high on this guy, I really hope he can step up in these spot starts as Buch is on the DL but I don't think "all world" is appropriate in any sense of the word.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

bald-predictions, you called it first.  I have full confidence that he will come thrue for us

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

It's like christmas in june for the sox fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

I don't see anyway Miller could fail.  He has all the tools, he now has the experience, he has a great defense behind him, no pressure since the sox are so good right now offensively that he doesn't feel like he has to pitch perfect.  This is a no brainer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FRAFRGL. Show FRAFRGL's posts

End up in the bullpen doing mop up work.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

GUYS, AFTER ONE INNING..... THIS GUY IS THE REAL DEAL !!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

I didn't see anything close to 99, did any of you?  I was watching sporadically inbetween doing grades.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

a good starter with huge potential. He has the tools, he needs to control his pitches. His start today was ok but not great by any means. He had 5 good innings and then fell apart in the 6th against one of the worst offensive teams in the mlb if not the worst. But he did nearly have a quality start. I will wait a few more starts before i make a judgement on him. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from smkelly. Show smkelly's posts

use some work..he had one bad pitch to the O-Dog and was clearly tired in the 5th, so we start there and see if we can slowly build him up.
    Let's wait and see what he can do against a major league offense, and not minor league ones, like the Padres, before judgement is passed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

I'd hardly say that 6th was a "breakdown" he threw a bad pitch to the O-Dawg, but Miller is still young, we're all forgetting his 26. If the Sox have already started helping his control then he's already getting steps in the right direction, pretty much looks like we got to sign a top prospect as a FA. Not bad.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The guy looked awful. Look at his awful ERA. All this vs the weak hitting SD team. Orlando Hudson for God's sake!!!! 

....Oh wait a minute, I'm not softy...

What a great game by the kid under a lot of pressure. His stuff was nasty!

Hats off to Theo for building a deep pitching staff, for keeping Wake on the 25 man roster, and for ripping the
    softy hotline phone off his wall.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: A 6' 7" LEFT HANDER THAT THROWS 99 & HAS A SWEEPING CURVE COULD.......:
    [QUOTE]I didn't see anything close to 99, did any of you?  I was watching sporadically inbetween doing grades.
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

I saw 98 once..but mostly 94-96 FB..ill take it..I think he can hit 99, but not on a regular basis..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: A 6' 7" LEFT HANDER THAT THROWS 99 & HAS A SWEEPING CURVE COULD.......:
    [QUOTE]The guy looked awful. Look at his awful ERA. All this vs the weak hitting SD team. Orlando Hudson for God's sake!!!!  ....Oh wait a minute, I'm not softy... What a great game by the kid under a lot of pressure. His stuff was nasty! Hats off to Theo for building a deep pitching staff, for keeping Wake on the 25 man roster, and for ripping the softy hotline phone off his wall.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

havent seen softserve here in a few days..Must have got his monthly ban..we should be seeing the new and improved version of softy/GM/bdtr real soon..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Won't be new.

Won't be improved.

It's been all downhill since the winter or 2009.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Very true Moon...The only thing thats changes is the names..The face stays the same

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The face is getting uglier and uglier: it's not staying the same.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Considering all the pressure he was under, not just as a new pitcher, but with all the expectations, I think he did a great job. I'm happy that they have him at the stage he's in. He will be great for this team, and he loves the Sox organization as well. I don't believe he wants to go to another team. Having Bard with him is an added bonus. It will help him get more comfortable faster. IMO

If this guy does make it, it's probably only a matter of time until Miller beer comes calling for an endorsement. "Miller Time" may be his catch-phrase for years to come!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Although Miller is a "reborn" pitcher, he does have 300 IP in MLB and another 300 or so in the minors.

I love what I saw in his debut here. I think he showed a lot of poise. He certainly has the "stuff"... WOW!

Sections
Shortcuts