A 6' 7" LEFT HANDER THAT THROWS 99 & HAS A SWEEPING CURVE COULD.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: A 6' 7" LEFT HANDER THAT THROWS 99 & HAS A SWEEPING CURVE COULD.......

In Response to Re: A 6' 7" LEFT HANDER THAT THROWS 99 & HAS A SWEEPING CURVE COULD.......:
    [QUOTE]Although Miller is a "reborn" pitcher, he does have 300 IP in MLB and another 300 or so in the minors. I love what I saw in his debut here. I think he showed a lot of poise. He certainly has the "stuff"... WOW!
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]MOON, MILLER IS GOING TO GET BETTER WITH EVERY OUTING !!  HE WAS FUN TO WATCH !!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

As it turns out we are going to need his help.... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Miller's stuff is off the charts, his command is still a work in progress. The key is for him to be able to repeat his delivery, command the fastball to both sides of the plate and use his breaking ball to keep hitters honest. If he can, the sky's the limit. We've already seen by his career numbers what it means if he can't. Big league hitter's when he struggles to throw strikes, fall behind, will spit on his breaking ball, look for a cookie and put a good swing on it...belt high fastballs out over the plate, regardless of velocity get hit hard at the big league level (see Hudson dinger).

I'd give the kid a solid A for his performance on Monday. I for one am pulling for the kid and looking forward to his next start...In the end he doesn't have to be an ace to help the team. I'll take QS everytime and we'll win our share of games he starts...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: A 6' 7" LEFT HANDER THAT THROWS 99 & HAS A SWEEPING CURVE COULD.......:
    [QUOTE]Miller's stuff is off the charts, his command is still a work in progress. The key is for him to be able to repeat his delivery, command the fastball to both sides of the plate and use his breaking ball to keep hitters honest. If he can, the sky's the limit. We've already seen by his career numbers what it means if he can't. Big league hitter's when he struggles to throw strikes, fall behind, will spit on his breaking ball, look for a cookie and put a good swing on it...belt high fastballs out over the plate, regardless of velocity get hit hard at the big league level (see Hudson dinger). I'd give the kid a solid A for his performance on Monday. I for one am pulling for the kid and looking forward to his next start...In the end he doesn't have to be an ace to help the team. I'll take QS everytime and we'll win our share of games he starts...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]  AGAIN, THEO CONTINUES TO BRING PLAYERS IN THAT CREATE "GREAT INTEREST" IN THE BALL CLUB....GREAT FOR SELLING TICKETS !!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

AGAIN, THEO CONTINUES TO BRING PLAYERS IN THAT CREATE "GREAT INTEREST" IN THE BALL CLUB....GREAT FOR SELLING TICKETS !!

and winning games.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The pitch hit for an HR was not a bad one, but we shouldn't expect every game to be a QS. He might have some setbacks, but unfortunately, playing in Boston can be harsh during those times.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I was really impressed with his change-up - and his command of it.
    His velocity is erratic. The dinger came off a 93MPH heater. It's likely fouled
    off  at 95-96. He's an interesting work in progress.

He may end up as solid BP depth come crunch time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]I was really impressed with his change-up - and his command of it. His velocity is erratic. The dinger came off a 93MPH heater. It's likely fouled off at95-96. He's an interesting work in progress. He may end up as solid BP depth come crunch time.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]  GOOD POST.....  CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM THIS WEEKEND !!!