A Better Understanding of Value: Depreciation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: A Better Understanding of Value: Depreciation

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

softy is the biggest liar on the face of the planet. He knows that I was against the CC signing, but feels better about himself by convincing himself that he was the only one against the deal.

[/QUOTE]

I'll vouch for how much you hated the Crawford signing.  I well remember arguing with you about it a bit.  I thought you were being harsh when you called Crawford a 'glorified platoon player' and said we overpaid him by $50 million.  You were right.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Texas not only willingly paid his salry, they liked the guy so much, they traded away a top-100 prospect for him.

No, Joe, they reluctantly paid the small fraction left on his "salary". They sent a farm scrap that no one will ever here of, ever.

And Moonshlep, you were so against Crawbust that you attempted to humor yourself with Boomerang in the infamous "Crawbury" circle jerk. Needless to say, Softlaw always gets the last laugh.

[/QUOTE]

I laughed at the "Crawbury Circle Jerk", and you know full well that I was against CC batting 1st or 2nd, since you argued for weeks that CC should lead off.

I called CC a "glorified platoon player that should be on the bench vs LHPs".

I said his deal would "cripple us for 7 years".

Somehow you translate that to me having a man crush on the guy you wanted leading off for us even vs LHPs with his sub .700 OPS.

What a clown.

I've been bashing the CC signing since day one, and you and everyone here knows it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

Texas not only willingly paid his salry, they liked the guy so much, they traded away a top-100 prospect for him.

No, Joe, they reluctantly paid the small fraction left on his "salary". They sent a farm scrap that no one will ever here of, ever.

And Moonshlep, you were so against Crawbust that you attempted to humor yourself with Boomerang in the infamous "Crawbury" circle jerk. Needless to say, Softlaw always gets the last laugh.

[/QUOTE]

I don't see any articles that support your contention that the Rangers did not pay all his salary.  How much did the Cubs contribute in this trade?

And it was not a farm scrap.  It was actually two players.

And maybe not providing details works among certains segments of society, but not with me.  If BA ranks him top-100, FG ranks him #10 of an excellent minor league system, and gets a glowing report from Mike Newman, how about explaining why the rest of the world is wrong?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Dempster is the Napoli of pitchers.... 4th place

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dempster is the Napoli of pitchers.... 4th place

[/QUOTE]

cheer up enchi. have a captain & coke and put a smike on that face. i think we'll enjoy watching this team next year.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't see any articles that support your contention that the Rangers did not pay all his salary.  

The Rangers paid what was left on his "yearly salary", which is a small fraction of it.

As for your "rest of the world and top 100 prospects BA", let's n't mislead people into thinking these guys were anywhere but the bottom of the "top 100". That's the definition of farm scraps, Joe, in "the rest of the world".

Dempster's a dumpster, in the real sesne. It's not surprising that he went from InEpstein's cast offs to Cherry's 26.5 million guaranteed contract obligation fact sheet.

Anyone have confidence in Dumpster? Speak now, before the season starts. I've noted that Joe is boasting about his sub 3.00 ERA and is a cheerleader for this move.

[/QUOTE]

i have confidence he will give us what we signed him to do.... 30+ starts and 200+ innings..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

As for your "rest of the world and top 100 prospects BA", let's n't mislead people into thinking these guys were anywhere but the bottom of the "top 100". That's the definition of farm scraps, Joe, in "the rest of the world".

OK, then tell us why AZ would take "farm scraps" for Upton?

Bogaerts is in the "bottom" of the top 100 in BA at #58, and de la Rosa, Webster (95th), Brentz aren't even listed.  Is not being in the top 100 called, "scraps of farm scraps"?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

Quantity is not quality.

[/QUOTE]

I guess it is with your AZ offer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

point, set & match.

good win moon. we should play chess sometime lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

point, set & match.

[/QUOTE]

I love Chess. I was roomates with the Nebraska State Chess Champion at ND. I must have lost over 100 matches before I got a draw.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

point, set & match.

[/QUOTE]

I love Chess. I was roomates with the Nebraska State Chess Champion at ND. I must have lost over 100 matches before I got a draw.

[/QUOTE]

Nevermind LOL!

i used to play a lot and recently started playing it again so its been on the brain.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Softy you got whipped on your own thread. Classic. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i thought "Ellsbrick" was worthless? has no business being on the field. why would AZ take 1 year of him? the comp pick CAN'T be enticing enough...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

softy is the biggest liar on the face of the planet. He knows that I was against the CC signing, but feels better about himself by convincing himself that he was the only one against the deal.

[/QUOTE]

I'll vouch for how much you hated the Crawford signing.  I well remember arguing with you about it a bit.  I thought you were being harsh when you called Crawford a 'glorified platoon player' and said we overpaid him by $50 million.  You were right.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks hfx, and softy knows the truth as well. It must make him feel better by tearing down other people, even if they are mostly strawmen of his own invention.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

Bogaerts is in the "bottom" of the top 100 in BA at #58

Bogaerts is not "in the bottom". The bottom is in the 80 and 90's and good ole #100

Ellsbury is not in bottom 100

Ellsbury's draft compensation is not in the bottom 100

Anyone catatonically engaging in a narrative that the garbage traded for Dumspter is at or near the same level as Ellsbury and draft compensation and Bogaerts couldn't beat the resident corpseman at a game of checkers.

Repeat your offer for Anderson, stooge.

[/QUOTE]

Seriously?

Ellsbury's draft compensation will be a sandwich pick between the first and second rounds. You figure that to be top 80 in BA's top prospect list?

Then, by that definition many of our prospects are not "farm scraps":

Pick

24 Marrero (#24 is better than a sandwich pick)

31 Brian Johnson (sand pick)

37 Pat Light (sand pick)

19 Barnes

26 Swihart (sand)

36 Owens (sand)

40 Bradley (sand)

I feel so better now that the great and powerful softy has projected 7 of our prospects to be top 80 in BA.

I told you not to answer, or you might hurt yourself. You should have listened to sound advice.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

You answered a bugaboo of your own feeble minded brain. A pick in the future hasn't been ranked. Bogearts not in the "bottom" of BA "top 100". The reast of your drivel is worse than Tim Wastefield's "a good SP" non sequitur nonsense.

[/QUOTE]

You got schooled...Lol...Good job Moon!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

No, the idiot who said that the Dumpster trade names were on the level with Bogaerts and Ellsbury and his draft compensation just got destroyed along with the notion that Bogaerts is in the bottom of the top 100 of BA. Try the middle, you idiot.

The same stooge who would blather volumes about how good Wakefield was, then offered him 2 million to return his embarrassing side show for 2012. Without a doubt, Wakefield's meaningless and near futility win total record was the proximate cause of the 2011 record collapse. When that bum had the audacity to say "I think fans deserve the chance to see me become the all-time Red Sox wins leader", that was too much for even the good ole boy practicies of Red Sox management.

[/QUOTE]

schooled

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

How mush has softy's stock depreciated since he got the Mauer signing half right?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

How mush has softy's stock depreciated since he got the Mauer singing half right?

[/QUOTE]

He didnt have much to begin with...

Sections
Shortcuts