A Better Understanding of Value: Depreciation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: A Better Understanding of Value: Depreciation

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't see any articles that support your contention that the Rangers did not pay all his salary.  

The Rangers paid what was left on his "yearly salary", which is a small fraction of it.

As for your "rest of the world and top 100 prospects BA", let's n't mislead people into thinking these guys were anywhere but the bottom of the "top 100". That's the definition of farm scraps, Joe, in "the rest of the world".

Dempster's a dumpster, in the real sesne. It's not surprising that he went from InEpstein's cast offs to Cherry's 26.5 million guaranteed contract obligation fact sheet.

Anyone have confidence in Dumpster? Speak now, before the season starts. I've noted that Joe is boasting about his sub 3.00 ERA and is a cheerleader for this move.

[/QUOTE]

Then you admit that TX picked up his full salary.  Good.  If the Cubs thought he was $14M, and TX paid $7M for half a season, and give up prospects in addition, then TX thought he was worht more than his salary.

And yes, the key guy was exactly#100, which still projects to a starter.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: A Better Understanding of Value: Depreciation

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't see any articles that support your contention that the Rangers did not pay all his salary.  

The Rangers paid what was left on his "yearly salary", which is a small fraction of it.

As for your "rest of the world and top 100 prospects BA", let's n't mislead people into thinking these guys were anywhere but the bottom of the "top 100". That's the definition of farm scraps, Joe, in "the rest of the world".

Dempster's a dumpster, in the real sesne. It's not surprising that he went from InEpstein's cast offs to Cherry's 26.5 million guaranteed contract obligation fact sheet.

Anyone have confidence in Dumpster? Speak now, before the season starts. I've noted that Joe is boasting about his sub 3.00 ERA and is a cheerleader for this move.

[/QUOTE]

Then you admit that TX picked up his full salary.  Good.  If the Cubs thought he was $14M, and TX paid $7M for half a season, and give up prospects in addition, then TX thought he was worht more than his salary.

And yes, the key guy was exactly#100, which still projects to a starter.

[/QUOTE]

#100 is a "farm scrap", but Ellsbury's sandwich comp pick has a ton of value according to the clown.