A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR NAVY SEALS & MEN & WOMEN IN UNIFORM & UNDER COVER!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR NAVY SEALS & MEN & WOMEN IN UNIFORM & UNDER COVER!!!

In Response to Re: A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR NAVY SEALS & MEN & WOMEN IN UNIFORM & UNDER COVER!!!:
    In Response to Re: A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR NAVY SEALS & MEN & WOMEN IN UNIFORM & UNDER COVER!!! : What do YOU want?
    Posted by Roadrunner9234

What I want is no longer possible.......

When he originally started on this thread, railing against God blessing OUR NATION, "because, as he still DEMANDS, WE ARE MOSTLY Godless............"
    I did not want him taking over this WELL INTENTIONED thread.

HE keeps bringing it back to HIS points........

Oh well!

SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SHOULD HAVE JUST IGNORED HIM.  I'M TRULY SORRY!!!!!

PERHAPS I'VE DONE WHAT HE WANTED ALL ALONG????  SHAME ON ME!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

In Response to Re: A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR NAVY SEALS & MEN & WOMEN IN UNIFORM & UNDER COVER!!!:
    In Response to Re: A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR NAVY SEALS & MEN & WOMEN IN UNIFORM & UNDER COVER!!! : What I want is no longer possible....... When he originally started on this thread, railing against God blessing OUR NATION, "because, as he still DEMANDS, WE ARE MOSTLY Godless............" I did not want him taking over this WELL INTENTIONED thread. HE keeps bringing it back to HIS points........ Oh well! SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SHOULD HAVE JUST IGNORED HIM.  I'M TRULY SORRY!!!!! PERHAPS I'VE DONE WHAT HE WANTED ALL ALONG????  SHAME ON ME!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

Or focus on what you bring to the forum instead of worrying about other people's contributions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Political opinions on this forum obviously vary to a great extent , just as they do in the country in general. That's just the way things are. However, I have to feel that there is something fundamentally wrong with any American who does not take satisfaction in the demise of a man who is responsible for the deaths of some three thousand Americans and who represents the face of evil in the world.  I say this: Congratulations to our courageous Navy Seals for a job well done!!!!  End of story.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR NAVY SEALS & MEN & WOMEN IN UNIFORM & UNDER COVER!!! : Or focus on what you bring to the forum instead of worrying about other people's contributions.
    Posted by Roadrunner9234

Agreed!  I am sorry!  It's a little too personal!  I never should have engaged!

NO MORE politics for me on this site!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Was it state sponsered terrorism when US soldiers murdered villages of Vietnamese civilians? I think it is way to easy for the U.S. to catergorize civilian death as a casuality of war. Tommy Franks famously said "we don't do body counts". That sort of attitude demonstrates a lack of concern for the loss of civilian life, which is alledgedly the exact act that we as Americans are responding to. You are right. The Army was completely wrong to inflict civiliam casualties under their "pacification" iniatiative in Viet Nam. There was no excuse for it . Some of it was "collateral" damage in their defense and it happened in that theatre and it was in the heat of a war. Terrorism is not collateral or accidental damage. It is intentional. It is not in a war theatre or locale or in the heat of a battle with men in black pajamas shooting at you from the cover of a jungle or in trees in the black of night. A Muslim terrorists does not arrive at a scheduled battle at a predetermined location as participants in a war do. They assign cowardly acts throughout the World at any time or place against innocent (non-combatant) civilians. Many of the innocent victims have no understanding of what is happening politically in the Middle East. The victims of the Oklahoma City bombing were not guilty for the Waco incident. Such cowardly acts in the name of pursuing your political agenda against innocent uninvolved civilians is my definition of terrorism. It isn't IMO a difficult concept or definition to grasp.
    Posted by pike

I'm in no way attempting to disagree with you, I just think in our current world what is or isn't an act of terror is not as clear as maybe it once was.   I think we make the mistake of thinking that Bin Laden and Al Qaeda are operating in a far more isolated sense than they are, and I mean that both physically on philosophically.  We have learned today that Pakistan, on some level, has been largely complicit in housing Osama for years.  Personally, I always found the idea that he was living in cave, rolling around his IV cart to be proposterous and downright hilarious. My point though, is that it is more simplistic to label these acts of terror when they are being carried out by rogue individuals, when in reality much of what Al Qaeda does, is supported by governments around the world.

As for the philosophy behind the "terrorism", on 9/11 they attacked strategic targets within our borders.  The pentagon is a military target, the WTC is a economic target.  It is labeled terrorism because the planes are full of civilians but when the U.S. bombs a target their are going to be civilian casualties associated with that target.  Maybe a janitor, maybe in the building next door. 

Whether or not the civilian death is deliberate isn't all that relevant to me.  I just find it overly simplistic to say we are at war and they are terrorists, when both sides show the same indifference for innocent life.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

Thank you to all the men and women in and out of uniform that protect our country.

Thank you for sending PE#1 a one-way, all-expenses paid ticket to the other side.  Justice will never be served for what that evil being committed, but at least the thug can no longer directly harm anyone.

God bless.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Dirtdog, I think that the problem here is that some come here because they enjoy debating and playing devil's advocate. After awhile after much reading and discourse you should be qualified to make the distinction between those who are serious and being honest versus those who are merely being argumentative for entertainment sake.   Many have made the distinction and ignore them with willpower, some let the ignore function do it for them, and others without willpower get baited and trapped and waste their time. I should talk. What I need to do is to establish an alias where I put all those who fit the above definition onto ignore and see if the forum is more pleasant and still entertaining for me to come to. Of course, there is another category and that is those who are sincere and very opinionated but are so different from you that they are annoying and repulsive without intentionally trying to be. It is still a good idea to put them onto ignore. If you are an optimist and hopeful person, you don't invite those from the office who are the opposite over to your house to socialize. This is not censorship or eliteism as many here like to say. It is as similar to programming the remote control on your TV so that it skips over the channels that you have no interest in.
    Posted by pike

:)  All good points Pike!!!

Call it "youthful" inexperience!  That goes for all of us still below the BIG 5 0 mark.

In terms of age on this site, I could still be considered an adolescent????  Hey, in some ways that really works for me.  On here, I could still have all my hair & a rock hard, flat stomach....

So, please excuse my "youthful" indiscretions........

I'll surely make others, but I will definitely try to IGNORE more often than not :)

Hey!  We have 2 big games tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Sox!!!!   Go Bruins!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Hey!  On that note........  I even apologize to andrewmitch!  :)  Sorry!

Perhaps he wouldn't have jumped on the nutty train if I hadn't been chasing him?????

So, for what it's worth.......  Sorry!   and to quote Tiny Tim............ 
    "God bless us everyone!!!   Go Sox!"

I'm pretty sure he said that last part....... The movie's always different than the book..............  :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

So why don't you tell me: how is a group of people overthrowing their goverment through violence not considered an act of terrorism? if a group today tried to do that would they not be considered terrorists? (Andrew)

Here is the difference - those who are considered the leaders of the US revolution were same citizens of that land. The government of which you speak were in fact on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean and beginning to impose taxes which were deemed unfair because said people had no say in the matter.

The attack on the US were by foreign enemy combatants whose only purpose was to maim, kill and scare. It had nothing to do with unfair taxation or anything else. Bin Laden's death was needed and justified and I have no problem with Americans celebrating. In fact, I wish the American Gov't didn't respect the Islam religion this one time and taken Bin Laden head and stuck it on a pike just like Vlad the Impaler did.

Is this over, not by a long shot. As long as groups of people feel that it is God's will, there will be war.

And if you cannot see the difference, then I do not know what to say.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The land in the original 13 colonies belonged the King.  It was stolen from the King through violence.  Right or wrong that is what was done.  If a group of men today tried to take land away from from this country and claim it as their own they would be considered domestic terrorits - EVEN IF IT WAS LAND IN WHICH THEY WERE RESIDENTS OR CITIZENS - say in Oregon.......where DC is across an entire contintent.  If you can't see the similiarities then I don't know what to say.

Even if a group of men today simply wrote a declaration of independence and served it to DC they would certainly be considered domestic terrorits and be detained.  Make no mistake about that.  Jefferson, Hancock - no doubt they would be considered terrorits under current "DC Policy".  If you don't believe it then you are just aren't paying attention to what's going on........

Anyways, I wish to leave this thread and watch the game (Just when I thought I was out.....)

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Natick-Ned. Show Natick-Ned's posts

In Response to Re: A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR NAVY SEALS & MEN & WOMEN IN UNIFORM & UNDER COVER!!! : I'm in no way attempting to disagree with you, I just think in our current world what is or isn't an act of terror is not as clear as maybe it once was.   I think we make the mistake of thinking that Bin Laden and Al Qaeda are operating in a far more isolated sense than they are, and I mean that both physically on philosophically.  We have learned today that Pakistan, on some level, has been largely complicit in housing Osama for years.  Personally, I always found the idea that he was living in cave, rolling around his IV cart to be proposterous and downright hilarious. My point though, is that it is more simplistic to label these acts of terror when they are being carried out by rogue individuals, when in reality much of what Al Qaeda does, is supported by governments around the world. As for the philosophy behind the "terrorism", on 9/11 they attacked strategic targets within our borders.  The pentagon is a military target, the WTC is a economic target.  It is labeled terrorism because the planes are full of civilians but when the U.S. bombs a target their are going to be civilian casualties associated with that target.  Maybe a janitor, maybe in the building next door.  Whether or not the civilian death is deliberate isn't all that relevant to me.  I just find it overly simplistic to say we are at war and they are terrorists, when both sides show the same indifference for innocent life.
    Posted by Calmy

Every war has collateral casualties. They are unintentional. They are not deliberate and every effort is made to minimize them by a moral country. I believe that our country is more moral than others. The mission yesterday made every effort to have no innocent lives lost and they succeeded. 

Can Calmy tell me why the USA was under attack in 911 in 2001. What was the need for the terrorists to target the Pentagon (military target) and the World Trade Center (Economic target)? Why did we deserve to be at war with the terrorists? What is their justification for trying to kill hundreds in the London subway. Please give us a history lesson and fill us in on why the USA and England are evil and the terrorists have God on their side? 

Posters take note here on what you think of Calmy and Andrewmitch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Andrew - there is no conversation with you on this subject because you have decided to twist the truth to fit your view point. At no time did the leaders of the American Revolution plan an attack on the citizens of Great Britain. It was a militia vs regular Brit army. How you seem to think this is the equal of Bin Laden's group is completely beyond any scope of logic and reason.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

You are missing the point.  It would be considered terrorism under today's definition.  I mean, are you trying to say that if the group I used in Oregon attacked the military and not civilians - which is what I mean all along - that would you not consider that terrorism?

Seriously, there is nothing to argue here.  It is not opinion.  It is fact.  Under DC's current definition of terrorism the founding fathers would all be considered terrorists.

You do not need to draw comparisons to Islamic Terrorists.  That's irrevelant.  Besides it makes you way too emotional.  But if it helps you I would have taken arms against the Red Coats in a heart beat........and if ever see someone trying to hijack a plane I would do my best to LT his butt to the ground.

But getting back to facts.  You need to understand that the US now has a very broad definition of what a terrorist is.  If you speak out against the IRS you'd be a terrorist.  Isn't that what the Founding Fathers were doing?  But with muskets????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Ned - make no mistake about it - if the US wanted to take someone out and if they were in the same location as innocent, unassociated civilians, they would have no issue w/ taking the whole lot out.  None what so ever.  And they would justify it with their usual Marxist rhetoric of "the end justify the means" or "we are trying to do the greatest amount of good for the greatest number of people"............

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

the Founding Fathers wrote a Declaration of Ind. in open view and signed it telling everyone who they were and what they believed in...Bin Laden lived in cave like a rat and used his family as human shields just before he was put down...there is no comparison...the tyrants were the English, this is why they lost the war....Bin Laden has lost as well because he too is a tyrant...America is far from perfect but if you cant tell the difference between the US Govt, Bin Laden, and Hitler, than thats sad...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Geo - under the current definition of terrorism, the Founding Fathers would certainly fall under it.  That's a fact.  Right or wrong it's a fact.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I have been watching this thread and I would like to pass along a small bit of advise to you andrewmitch. I hope for your sake that you never ever walk into a VFW or American Legion Post and try and convince those fellahs with the military caps that said they served in any theater you can imagine some of the horseshit you spewed in here. I doubt very seriously that you ever wore the uniform and served this great nation of ours. have you ever been to viet-nam? or the mid east? walked the streets in iraq or afganistan with a weapon looking for islamofacists? had a little old lady walk up to you and take your hand and put it to her face and kiss it with tears in her eyes of thankfulness because you are there? son, you don't have a fkn clue. you and some other "posters" that spew bullsh!t about that this country is a country ot terrorists. I have not the words to express how mad I am about what was said here today. that son-of-a b!tch got away easy for what he did to us and the world. the problem I have is that he could only die just once. don't bother responding. I'm done with this thread.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

You are way too emotional.  I never said a word about OBL or the the servicemen.  I simply took issue w/ saying "God Bless America" and the way DC uses the word terrorism to suit their needs.

If you love this country you should realize that it was founded on DISSENT which I reserve my right to do.  But go ahead and personally attack me for my beliefs and spew more profanity my way.   Real nice.

For the record, I have talked to and personally know many older veterans and they do not like one bit what is going on w/ our policies in DC.......so yeah, I'd feel very comfortable hanging out with them. 

As far as the new generation:  No chance I'd ever associate with them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is9sxRfU-ik&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsearch_query%3Dwikileaks%2Biraq%2Bcivilian%2Bmurder%26aq%3Df&has_verified=1&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fverify_age%3Fnext_url%3Dhttp%253A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%253Fv%253Dis9sxRfU-ik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FD1jHueZZc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_6qEQAnKlo

etc etc etc

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

We do need to give BO some credit here for alowing the mission to go forward, but the intelligence that led to the courier who pinpointed UBL's location was derived from Kahlid Shiek Mohamed during "enhanced interrogation" that has been outlawed, in favor of miranda rights & presumed innocence etc.  So Bush deserves some of the credit here.  The whole key to getting bin laden was finding him & that intel came from the previous administration.  That type intel may never be available again due to curent politically correct interogation procedures...
    The real credit goes to the troops whose bravery & exceptional training actually acoomplished the mission.  Having helicoptered into much less hostile situations, I can tell you that the "pucker factor" was up to 10 .  Those guys must have cajones the size of grapefruit.. biggrin
    I am willing to give credit where it belongs.  But BO can't blame Bush for everything bad that happens on his watch, then take credit for the successes, especially when GWB was a major factor in the success.  And GW, with his typical class, was one of the first to cangratulate BO...
    Clinton had 10 chances handed to him to take out UBL (2 easy captures & 8 kill opportunities) and declined them all.  Bush tried many times to get him but never had the location down so they all failed (with the same type people who executed this time).  So one might say it was the luck of the draw for BO who is in full campaign mode, for this to fall into his lap... biggrin.
    This is not just a victory for obama; It's a victory for all Americans (& the world).  Including a (special) victory for George Bush.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Natick-Ned. Show Natick-Ned's posts

Time for everyone to put Andrew on ignore. He is here to irritate everyone on baseball , politics, morality, and religion. A very unhappy old man in Conn.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Good-bye, Ned.  Remember, I don't make personal attacks like many others here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

No you just insult the country on one of its finest day's.... but hey it isn't personal.

Sections
Shortcuts