A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR NAVY SEALS & MEN & WOMEN IN UNIFORM & UNDER COVER!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR NAVY SEALS & MEN & WOMEN IN UNIFORM & UNDER COVER!!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR RESPONSE AND CONTRIBUTIONS.  IT SHOWS THAT ALL OF US NOT ONLY LOVE OUR SPORTS, BUT WE LOVE AMERICA MORE !!  IT HAS BEEN A COUPLE OF EXCITING DAYS FOR SURE !!   GOD BLESS EVERYONE INVOLVED, AND GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR NAVY SEALS & MEN & WOMEN IN UNIFORM & UNDER COVER!!!:
    [QUOTE]As people across the United States and the world celebrate the death of Osama Bin Laden, Deborah Borza reacts quite differently. Borza’s daughter, Deora Bodley, 20, was the youngest female passenger on Flight 93 that crashed in Pennsylvania after it was hijacked by terrorists on Sept. 11, 2001. “I felt nothing. Nothing was there,” Borza said about hearing the news that the leader of Al Qaeda had been killed. “ What I can’t grasp is what it is to be jubilant over this. I don’t think I could have the same jubilation that others have .”
    Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]

There's bound to be a dissenting opinion if you look hard enough; it appears that 99.9 % of Americans and citizens in most other countries are happy about this. Even the most hardened conservative pundits gave kudos to Obama (including the FOX network, Cheney, Limbaugh & Rove); and his gutsy decision (it was his call, given the options and inputs) to not bomb the site, but to go in with Navy SEALS. Yet, you're angry when you should be glad. What's the matter with you?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from byebyeepstein. Show byebyeepstein's posts

god, like elvis, has left the building.
    he/she couldn't take anymore of the hypocricy.
    we americans are on our own; get used to it and try to read more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR NAVY SEALS & MEN & WOMEN IN UNIFORM & UNDER COVER!!!:
    [QUOTE]god, like elvis, has left the building. he/she couldn't take anymore of the hypocricy. we americans are on our own; get used to it and try to read more.
    Posted by byebyeepstein[/QUOTE]

byebyetheo got banned already?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR NAVY SEALS & MEN & WOMEN IN UNIFORM & UNDER COVER!!! : There's bound to be a dissenting opinion if you look hard enough; it appears that 99.9 % of Americans and citizens in most other countries are happy about this. Even the most hardened conservative pundits gave kudos to Obama (including the FOX network, Cheney, Limbaugh & Rove); and his gutsy decision (it was  his  call, given the options and inputs) to not bomb the site, but to go in with Navy SEALS. Yet, you're angry when you should be glad. What's the matter with you?
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Softy considers being alone in his opinions as proof of their correctness. Nothing could be further from the truth. If he were right about anything at all; Theo, Wakefield, Ellsbury, Obama, we would see some level of agreement. Despite thinking he is the only smart person in the world, that is not the case.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR NAVY SEALS & MEN & WOMEN IN UNIFORM & UNDER COVER!!! : Softy considers being alone in his opinions as proof of their correctness. Nothing could be further from the truth. If you were right about anything at all; Theo, Wakefield, Ellsbury, Obama, you would see some level of agreement. Despite thinking you are the only smart person in the world, that is not the case.
    Posted by Roadrunner9234[/QUOTE]

Right; I forgot this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from deck-ape-brett. Show deck-ape-brett's posts

In Response to A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR NAVY SEALS & MEN & WOMEN IN UNIFORM & UNDER COVER!!!:
    [QUOTE]   GREAT JOB ALL !!!!! YOU HAVE MADE US ALL PROUD TO BE AMERICANS !!!  THANKS TO YOU, WE ALL HAVE "A BOUNCE IN OUR STEP TODAY"  !!!  NOW, LETS SEE IF OUR BELOVED SOX CAN TAKE 4 IN A ROW FROM THE ANGELS !!!   GO NAVY AND RED SOX TOO !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Right down to deck apes like me who contributed by making sure the Seals' heads were clean.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR NAVY SEALS & MEN & WOMEN IN UNIFORM & UNDER COVER!!! : Right down to deck apes like me who contributed by making sure the Seals' heads were clean.
    Posted by deck-ape-brett[/QUOTE]  THANK YOU YOUNG MAN FOR YOUR SERVICE......  YOUR TALKING WITH AN "OLD DESTROYER SAILOR" !!   YOUR IN A GREAT BRANCH OF SERVICE, SEE THE WORLD AND LATCH ON TO MANY OPPORTUNITES.......  YOU WILL FIND THAT 30 YEARS GOES BY REALLY QUICK !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Yet, you're angry when you should be glad. What's the matter with you?

Angry? LOL.........That, along with "hate", are the words used as an ad hom 8th grade debating tactic of Howard Dean.

I respect someone whose opinion is very important on this issue, the parent of one of the victims of KSM's plot. I respect it more than some nut job talking about "allocating resources" and "someone must agree for comments to be valid".

How glad were you when mass murderer Saddam Hussein was taken captive and executed?   

I'm glad that we have people with real courage to make and carry out tough decisions, in the U.S. military that has been brilliant at nearly every level of mission execution since the great man George Washington set the institution into action.  

Obama made the "tough decision" to carry out elements of the Bush doctrine in giving permission to allow the intelligence and military to finish a job they had been gathering intelligence on for over a decade. The decision not to bomb wasn't any gutsy decision. Pakistan would have gone even more nuts and the lack of remaining body evidence would have created proof issues on whether OBL was actually there as well as fomented intense propaganda on America indiscriminately bombing innocent people from collateral bomb damage. 

Had this been someone from another party, it would have been blasted as a violation of international law that killed "civilians". 

The only reason the entertainment Republican pundits are being careful about being critical of the administration at this moment is because they understand that the Leftist's still dominate the mass media outlets. 

The beauty of free speech is that I don't have to sanitize my comments on this issue.

Let's interrupt this euphoria over the rightful death of a man who is no more than a figure head in the daily operations and planning of AQ, easily replaced with another propaganda messenger face:

Obama's handlers ran a viscous campain about closing Gitmo in a year:

Gitmo is still open 

Obama's handlers ran a viscous compain against "torture" of AQ members:

Finding OBL was likely the proximate cause of intelligence gathered from "torture" on KSM and other AQ captives

The death of OBL is an event that should cause celebration for only one reason:

The courage and extraordinary excellence of the best that this troubled Nation has left, the US Military and adjunct Intelligence Corps

Going forward, because suicide bombers welcome their own mortal death, the justice for one man has no impact whatsoever on the resolve of it's remaining and future members. 

This Nation is only as safe as the strength of the U.S. Military and it's adjunct Intelligence Forces. Huge mistake to issue political rhetoric about how this Nation is safer as a result of this event. The support of our Armed Forces and Intelligence defenses must be increased to the highest levels we can sustain.

"we need enough troops that we are not just air-raiding villages and killing civilians" (anyone know who said that about our U.S. Military operations?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrW4fOGIMVY

People have selective memories on attitudes towards the US Military.

Let the US Military do it's job and it will do it as well as it can be done. But don't give it a job that changes with the "politics on the ground". The job of using force to fight evil and despots will never end until the end of days.

Bill, great thread title, well done.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

More Softy comments that are opinion posted as fact.  Once again, you are on the outside looking in with her face pressed against the glass.  Because you say it was not a gutsy decision, does not mean it was not one.  The President has to make life and death decisions in these instances and for you to so cavalierly brush that all aside to push your agenda is offensive.  Whether you like the President or not does not change the fact that this was a huge decision that took months to plan and the buck stops with him.  Men could have easily died in the operation and people like you would have blamed him.  Your patisanship shines right through.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

[QUOTE]Yet, you're angry when you should be glad. What's the matter with you? Angry? LOL.........That, along with "hate", are the words used as an ad hom 8th grade debating tactic of Howard Dean. I respect someone whose opinion is very important on this issue, the parent of one of the victims of KSM's plot. I respect it more than some nut job talking about "allocating resources" and "someone must agree for comments to be valid". How glad were you when mass murderer Saddam Hussein was taken captive and executed?    I'm glad that we have people with real courage to make and carry out tough decisions, in the U.S. military that has been brilliant at nearly every level of mission execution since the great man George Washington set the institution into action.   Obama made the "tough decision" to carry out elements of the Bush doctrine in giving permission to allow the intelligence and military to finish a job they had been gathering intelligence on for over a decade. The decision not to bomb wasn't any gutsy decision. Pakistan would have gone even more nuts and the lack of remaining body evidence would have created proof issues on whether OBL was actually there as well as fomented intense propaganda on America indiscriminately bombing innocent people from collateral bomb damage.  Had this been someone from another party, it would have been blasted as a violation of international law that killed "civilians".  The only reason the entertainment Republican pundits are being careful about being critical of the administration at this moment is because they understand that the Leftist's still dominate the mass media outlets.  The beauty of free speech is that I don't have to sanitize my comments on this issue. Let's interrupt this euphoria over the rightful death of a man who is no more than a figure head in the daily operations and planning of AQ, easily replaced with another propaganda messenger face: Obama's handlers ran a viscous campain about closing Gitmo in a year: Gitmo is still open  Obama's handlers ran a viscous compain against "torture" of AQ members: Finding OBL was likely the proximate cause of intelligence gathered from "torture" on KSM and other AQ captives The death of OBL is an event that should cause celebration for only one reason: The courage and extraordinary excellence of the best that this troubled Nation has left, the US Military and adjunct Intelligence Corps Going forward, because suicide bombers welcome their own mortal death, the justice for one man has no impact whatsoever on the resolve of it's remaining and future members.  This Nation is only as safe as the strength of the U.S. Military and it's adjunct Intelligence Forces. Huge mistake to issue political rhetoric about how this Nation is safer as a result of this event. The support of our Armed Forces and Intelligence defenses must be increased to the highest levels we can sustain. "we need enough troops that we are not just air-raiding villages and killing civilians " (anyone know who said that about our U.S. Military operations?) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrW4fOGIMVY&feature=player_embedded People have selective memories on attitudes towards the US Military. Let the US Military do it's job and it will do it as well as it can be done. But don't give it a job that changes with the "politics on the ground". The job of using force to fight evil and despots will never end until the end of days. Bill, great thread title, well done.      

The "Bush Doctine" doesn't mean what you think it does.

And I did not say other must agree for comments to be valid. I said others would agree if the comments were valid. Intelligent, insightful commentary will always find it's audience...other intelligent people. In case you haven't noticed, very few people here agree with the things you write.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Yet, you're angry when you should be glad. What's the matter with you? Angry? LOL.........That, along with "hate", are the words used as an ad hom 8th grade debating tactic of Howard Dean. I respect someone whose opinion is very important on this issue, the parent of one of the victims of KSM's plot. I respect it more than some nut job talking about "allocating resources" and "someone must agree for comments to be valid". How glad were you when mass murderer Saddam Hussein was taken captive and executed?    I'm glad that we have people with real courage to make and carry out tough decisions, in the U.S. military that has been brilliant at nearly every level of mission execution since the great man George Washington set the institution into action.   Obama made the "tough decision" to carry out elements of the Bush doctrine in giving permission to allow the intelligence and military to finish a job they had been gathering intelligence on for over a decade. The decision not to bomb wasn't any gutsy decision. Pakistan would have gone even more nuts and the lack of remaining body evidence would have created proof issues on whether OBL was actually there as well as fomented intense propaganda on America indiscriminately bombing innocent people from collateral bomb damage.  Had this been someone from another party, it would have been blasted as a violation of international law that killed "civilians".  The only reason the entertainment Republican pundits are being careful about being critical of the administration at this moment is because they understand that the Leftist's still dominate the mass media outlets.  The beauty of free speech is that I don't have to sanitize my comments on this issue. Let's interrupt this euphoria over the rightful death of a man who is no more than a figure head in the daily operations and planning of AQ, easily replaced with another propaganda messenger face: Obama's handlers ran a viscous campain about closing Gitmo in a year: Gitmo is still open  Obama's handlers ran a viscous compain against "torture" of AQ members: Finding OBL was likely the proximate cause of intelligence gathered from "torture" on KSM and other AQ captives The death of OBL is an event that should cause celebration for only one reason: The courage and extraordinary excellence of the best that this troubled Nation has left, the US Military and adjunct Intelligence Corps Going forward, because suicide bombers welcome their own mortal death, the justice for one man has no impact whatsoever on the resolve of it's remaining and future members.  This Nation is only as safe as the strength of the U.S. Military and it's adjunct Intelligence Forces. Huge mistake to issue political rhetoric about how this Nation is safer as a result of this event. The support of our Armed Forces and Intelligence defenses must be increased to the highest levels we can sustain. "we need enough troops that we are not just air-raiding villages and killing civilians " (anyone know who said that about our U.S. Military operations?) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrW4fOGIMVY&feature=player_embedded People have selective memories on attitudes towards the US Military. Let the US Military do it's job and it will do it as well as it can be done. But don't give it a job that changes with the "politics on the ground". The job of using force to fight evil and despots will never end until the end of days. Bill, great thread title, well done.      

1. You are generalizing this point. It is reasonable to refer to anger when it's warranted. However,I don't like the word hate either, and avoid it whenever possible.

2. Granted, the information gathered MAY have been due to torture related interrogation, which was roundly criticized. If so, this is a tough issue. My guess is, like war, it should be done only when it is determined to be that there is no other viable alternative.

3. Your assessment of why the RIGHT avoided criticism is a bunch of garbage. They appeared to be taking a day off from their usual critical mode, and seemed genuinely happy -- especially Giuliani.

4. If Obama performed the greatest achievement in human history, you would` still find something wrong with it. It's like a boy called wolf. As a result, if you ever say anything insightful practically nobody would notice it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from byebyeepstein. Show byebyeepstein's posts

yeah, giuliani was so happy, he donned one of his more flowery dresses.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

More Softy comments that are opinion posted as fact.

No, in fact, my comments are fact. And let me have you watch something that is really "cavalier and offensive":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrW4fOGIMVY

Men could have easily died in the operation and people like you would have blamed him.  Your patisanship shines right through.

No, your partisanship "shines through". The military and intelligence corpse completely handled that operation, planned it, and worked on in for over a decade. Every day is life or death and people are dying in service. For you to stump this as some tough decision to approve an already planned mission that others planned and carried out is political partisanship shining through.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]More Softy comments that are opinion posted as fact. No, in fact, my comments are fact. And let me have you watch something that is really "cavalier and offensive": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrW4fOGIMVY

Scary stuff. As far as the video is concerned, I guess you conveniently forgot what went on during the BS Iraq War, something Obama had to mop up; like the deficit, although I don't believe he'll be able to do anything about that, and given his liberal bent, is liable to make worse.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

with the way some conservatives are reacting you wouldve thought Obama shot the wrong guy then had a party on an aircraft carrier dressed as gi joe and reveling under a huge banner saying MISSION Accomplished!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

I guess you conveniently forgot what went on during the BS Iraq War, something Obama had to mop up; like the deficit, although I don't believe he'll be able to do anything about that, and given his liberal bent, is liable to make worse.

What went on during the "BS Iraq War"?

What was Obama "mopping up"?

What has Obama done about the deficit besides set record percentage increases in deficits and debt?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE] America Best...The men and women of our Armed Forces past and present.God Bless America! Sapper #7 coming out
    Posted by sapper1[/QUOTE]

Why do we have to rank America best?  Is this nation not filled with human beings with the same challenges, emotions, etc. as other nations?  And does God bless America and not other nations.  I don't think God blesses nations.  God blesses the good, wherever it exists.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE] I guess you conveniently forgot what went on during the BS Iraq War, something Obama had to mop up; like the deficit, although I don't believe he'll be able to do anything about that, and given his liberal bent, is liable to make worse. What went on during the "BS Iraq War"? What was Obama "mopping up"? What has Obama done about the deficit besides set record percentage increases in deficits and debt?

1/2)  This was a war for primarily profiteering, using AQ as an excuse, and started by guys who hid from the BS Vietnam War; and one that Obama had to end. Check the documentary "Iraq for Sale" for the contracting abuses. What's remarkable is that even during the essential WWII, FDR prosecuted companies for war profiteering, while NON were prosecuted during the Iraq war. Also, have you not heard about the treatment of Iraqi civilians? How about Abu Ghraib?

3) What do you call what Bush did, when we went from the black to the red? How does that fit into your "record percentage increases in deficits and debt" assessment? At least I admit he is probably not the person to fix this, not that anyone can.

To repeat :

If Obama performed the greatest achievement in human history, you would still find something wrong with it. It's like a boy called wolf. As a result, if you ever say anything insightful practically nobody would notice it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Wasn't this thread about saying thanks to those who serve in the US military?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Wasn't this thread about saying thanks to those who serve in the US military?
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Yes, thanks NAVY SEALS & others involved. I appreciate your bravery and skill.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Political opinions on this forum obviously vary to a great extent , just as they do in the country in general. That's just the way things are. However, I have to feel that there is something fundamentally wrong with any American who does not take satisfaction in the demise of a man who is responsible for the deaths of some three thousand Americans and who represents the face of evil in the world.  I say this: Congratulations to our courageous Navy Seals for a job well done!!!!  End of story.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Robert Greenwald (born August 28, 1945) is an American film director, film producer, and political activist, noted in the 2000s for his documentaries critical of Fox News and of the George W. Bush administration

Robert Greenwald is bought and sold, so I don't think he's a good authority on the Iraq War. He's a good propaganda outlet for the Democrat Party.

What does Bush have to do with what Obama's record setting increases in the deficit and debt? I don't think running against Bush is going to work in his "guaranteed" re-election campaign.

Play that clip on Obama's comments on the US Military operations.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

When there's a successful mission like this one, there is plenty of credit to go around.  Whether or not the decision was gutsy, it was the right one.  And I call it gutsy because they did not know for sure Osama was in there.  And getting Bin Laden was facilitated by all that had gone before, including the Bush Administration--so credit for those guys too.  Credit to both Administrations and the Congress for supporting the Armed Services and the CIA, et al.  And certainly great credit to the guys who planned and executed this particular mission.  What I take from this event is the continuity between American Administrations despite all the political rhetoric. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Robert Greenwald (born August 28, 1945) is an American film director , film producer , and political activist , noted in the 2000s for his documentaries critical of Fox News and of the George W. Bush administration Robert Greenwald is bought and sold, so I don't think he's a good authority on the Iraq War. He's a good propaganda outlet for the Democrat Party. What does Bush have to do with what Obama's record setting increases in the deficit and debt? I don't think running against Bush is going to work in his "guaranteed" re-election campaign. Play that clip on Obama's comments on the US Military operations.

I agree Greenwald is a left-oriented critic, but I don't believe he just made stuff up, as opposed to Michael Moore. Also, I never said Obama was running against Bush, the linkage had to do with your "percentage" comment. And there are no guaranteed elections; I'd be shocked if Obama doesn't know this. In addition, I played the clip as soon as you posted it.