A DAY THAT WILL LIVE IN TRANSFORMATION !!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

A DAY THAT WILL LIVE IN TRANSFORMATION !!!!!!!

Today is the day boys & girls.........  4 or 5 of them packing their bags and moving on ...... What say you, all my friends  ?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: A DAY THAT WILL LIVE IN TRANSFORMATION !!!!!!!

My guess is, this is going to be one of your best days since you saw that picture of Jenny Dell.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I say that the goal isn't to run people out of town, the goal is to improve this team. Would you be happy if Lester is traded for a box of Cracker Jacks and a rubber band? I sure hope not. But if we can land real prospects with an eye of converting them into studs to help our team, then I am onboard. Again, I'd rather hear the Sox announce they've signed him to a good deal, but I don't see it happening. And I sure don't want to watch him walk away with just a compensatory draft pick. It's far from a happy day for me friend. We've all watched this young man grow up, battle through and survive his cancer, and become one of the very best pitchers in all of baseball. Watching him go will surely give me no joy.

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Today is the day boys & girls.........  4 or 5 of them packing their bags and moving on ...... What say you, all my friends  ?????

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

I say it will only be a good day if "you know who" is driven far far out of town all the way back to the Boras institute for over hyped free agents. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Laying it on a little strong Bill.  No need to be overdramatic.  This is just another case of a last place team selling off assets at the trade deadline.  Happens every year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

But they're willing to pay $10 million for a SS who can barely get off the interstate?

Boras has something on this FO...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to soups' comment:
    [QUOTE]

But they're willing to pay $10 million for a SS who can barely get off the interstate?

Boras has something on this FO...

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I will ask this for the umpteenth time:  what was an alternative?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

The Lester for Cespedes trade w/ the A's is a solid move and it may turn out to be brilliant if the Sox can bring Lester back through free agency in the off-season. In Cespedes, the Sox fill a large hole, gaining a young power bat w/ a gun for an arm.  

"Life is what happens when we're busy making other plans". ---- John Lennon

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to jam789123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I say it will only be a good day if "you know who" is driven far far out of town all the way back to the Boras institute for over hyped free agents. 

[/QUOTE]

all it will take is one million fans to pony up $5 each to pay the salary and i think that would facilitate a move.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to spewey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Laying it on a little strong Bill.  No need to be overdramatic.  This is just another case of a last place team selling off assets at the trade deadline.  Happens every year.

[/QUOTE]Sorry SPEWERY, but some people on this board actually think that BILL-806 is a "DRAMA-QUEEN"  !!!  Sox are making some great moves, not done YET  !!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

We are not done YET......   move BUCHHOLZ, now GRASS HOPPER  !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

BYE, BYE  Mr. Miller !!!   Who did they get ???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As  DAD would say..........   "Well SON,  I guess you called it"  !!!    Say Hi to BEN tonight at DINNER  !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

So Bucholz is the lone holdover from the original starting 5 in April.  I would have thought he was also dealt, may be didn't have much trade value.

I doubt if we will see Lester back in Red Sox uniform in 2015.  Yankees are going to overpay for him, just like they did for Ellsbury.  I don't think that hometown discount is valid anymore with Lester.  Thanks for all your contributions, especially the 2 WS, and wishing him the best of health for the rest of his life.

It will be an entertaining outfield with 2 cannons for arms out there.  Let's enjoy the rest of the season without much expectation for post season, but a lot of expectation from the rookies, and Cespedes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So Bucholz is the lone holdover from the original starting 5 in April.  I would have thought he was also dealt, may be didn't have much trade value.

I doubt if we will see Lester back in Red Sox uniform in 2015.  Yankees are going to overpay for him, just like they did for Ellsbury.  I don't think that hometown discount is valid anymore with Lester.  Thanks for all your contributions, especially the 2 WS, and wishing him the best of health for the rest of his life.

It will be an entertaining outfield with 2 cannons for arms out there.  Let's enjoy the rest of the season without much expectation for post season, but a lot of expectation from the rookies, and Cespedes.

[/QUOTE]This shows me that the RED SOX are very serious at what
    they do.......  STRANGE CLAY better get a grasp !!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]

As  DAD would say..........   "Well SON,  I guess you called it"  !!!    Say Hi to BEN tonight at DINNER  !!!

[/QUOTE]

You' ll be repeating yourself next season with the same old silly nonsense. And Papi will still be around for you. You're a broken record playing the same lousy song every season. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

I think all the Lester coming back wishes need to be tempered.  He won't be coming back because 

1) too many years wanted by Lester

2) too much annual salary

3) he may enjoy playing in bigger parks to pitch in.

Business dictates that the Sox pass.

Always Right.....at least in my mind

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to spewey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Sorry SPEWERY, but some people on this board actually think that BILL-806 is a "DRAMA-QUEEN"  !!!  Sox are making some great moves, not done YET  !!

[/QUOTE]

No drama breath, what some of us think of you can not be posted for fear of permanent suspension.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Yes, Bill, you showed that there is some prophecy in being a blind squirrel...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to fishers5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think all the Lester coming back wishes need to be tempered.  He won't be coming back because 

1) too many years wanted by Lester

2) too much annual salary

3) he may enjoy playing in bigger parks to pitch in.

Business dictates that the Sox pass.

Always Right.....at least in my mind

[/QUOTE]B I N G O  DAT  !!!