A Different View

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

A Different View

While we all breath a sigh of relief that the mess Theo created is almost gone, we may be forgetting a few things.
    Beckett helped to win a WS, then turned his back on the fans. I say good riddance and thanks.
    CC got an unrealistic contract, not his fault. Thanks Theo!
    Agon is a player, but management forgot do do a gut check on him! I wish him well, quite honestly he does not have the cahoners to handle a big city!
    Punto, well honestly who cares, but I wish him well.

We got nothing in return, then again who cares we shed $262Mil in contracts. This would allow a good organization with caring and spending fans to grow the new into a better and younger team.BUT...............

If you think that the owners did this to please us, you are wrong. They see the empty seats! They are worried! And they will start to become cheap skates! They will be looking to take their money and run. After all Henry is a business man, not a baseball man and thats his right.
    Five years from now, we may all be crying that this is the worst organization in baseball as the owners gleam the last pennies before selling the team. It will take 15 years of losing to fix this mess. Us old timers remember the tough days and will stick around. but I wonder about all the fair weather fans on this board!
    I wish you guys the best when you move on to your next team, you wanted this and you got it! Heck maybe you can even get a new ballpark. That will have thousands of empty seats!

I've seen the hard times, get ready to see yours. You are undoubtedly the most ungrateful fans in all of baseball!
    Five years from now, i will still enjoy my Sox when the are perenial cellar dwellars. But Heck Ive been there before, most of you have not!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: A Different View

If those that are happy with this believe that the saved money will help land FA they are incredibly wrong. Probably because they have not looked at the list. There is not much there out side of some pitchers.
    I do not see Ross, Sweeney, Breslow, Posednik, Miller, Aceves, Padilla, Cook, Ortizetc... resigning here, don't see it.

Some say bring up Bradely, Bogarets, Barnes, Brentz, etc... sure kids that have one year of the minors can step right in sure they can,,,,,,,,

1B counting on Gomez or Loney
    2nd Pedroia
    SS Iggy or Ciracio
    3rd Middlebrooks
    LF ??????????
    CF Ellsbury
    RF Kalish
    Pitching staff ??????????????????? Lester, Lackey, Bucholz????????????

Next year will be interesting

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to A Different View:
    [QUOTE]While we all breath a sigh of relief that the mess Theo created is almost gone, we may be forgetting a few things. Beckett helped to win a WS, then turned his back on the fans. I say good riddance and thanks. CC got an unrealistic contract, not his fault. Thanks Theo! Agon is a player, but management forgot do do a gut check on him! I wish him well, quite honestly he does not have the cahoners to handle a big city! Punto, well honestly who cares, but I wish him well. We got nothing in return, then again who cares we shed $262Mil in contracts. This would allow a good organization with caring and spending fans to grow the new into a better and younger team.BUT............... If you think that the owners did this to please us, you are wrong. They see the empty seats! They are worried! And they will start to become cheap skates! They will be looking to take their money and run. After all Henry is a business man, not a baseball man and thats his right. Five years from now, we may all be crying that this is the worst organization in baseball as the owners gleam the last pennies before selling the team. It will take 15 years of losing to fix this mess. Us old timers remember the tough days and will stick around. but I wonder about all the fair weather fans on this board! I wish you guys the best when you move on to your next team, you wanted this and you got it! Heck maybe you can even get a new ballpark. That will have thousands of empty seats! I've seen the hard times, get ready to see yours. You are undoubtedly the most ungrateful fans in all of baseball! Five years from now, i will still enjoy my Sox when the are perenial cellar dwellars. But Heck Ive been there before, most of you have not!
    Posted by Promise4you2[/QUOTE]I could live with losing some fair weather fans. Smile

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

In Response to Re: A Different View:
    [QUOTE]If those that are happy with this believe that the saved money will help land FA they are incredibly wrong. Probably because they have not looked at the list. There is not much there out side of some pitchers. I do not see Ross, Sweeney, Breslow, Posednik, Miller, Aceves, Padilla, Cook, Ortizetc... resigning here, don't see it. Some say bring up Bradely, Bogarets, Barnes, Brentz, etc... sure kids that have one year of the minors can step right in sure they can,,,,,,,, 1B counting on Gomez or Loney 2nd Pedroia SS Iggy or Ciracio 3rd Middlebrooks LF ?????????? CF Ellsbury RF Kalish Pitching staff ??????????????????? Lester, Lackey, Bucholz???????????? Next year will be interesting
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

Could it be much worse than 67 - 86, the record since Aug 2011?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to "A Different View": [QUOTE]While we all breath a sigh of relief that the mess Theo created is almost gone, we may be forgetting a few things. Beckett helped to win a WS, then turned his back on the fans. I say good riddance and thanks. CC got an unrealistic contract, not his fault. Thanks Theo! Agon is a player, but management forgot do do a gut check on him! I wish him well, quite honestly he does not have the cahoners to handle a big city! Punto, well honestly who cares, but I wish him well. We got nothing in return, then again who cares we shed $262Mil in contracts. This would allow a good organization with caring and spending fans to grow the new into a better and younger team.BUT............... If you think that the owners did this to please us, you are wrong. They see the empty seats! They are worried! And they will start to become cheap skates! They will be looking to take their money and run. After all Henry is a business man, not a baseball man and thats his right. Five years from now, we may all be crying that this is the worst organization in baseball as the owners gleam the last pennies before selling the team. It will take 15 years of losing to fix this mess. Us old timers remember the tough days and will stick around. but I wonder about all the fair weather fans on this board! I wish you guys the best when you move on to your next team, you wanted this and you got it! Heck maybe you can even get a new ballpark. That will have thousands of empty seats! I've seen the hard times, get ready to see yours. You are undoubtedly the most ungrateful fans in all of baseball! Five years from now, i will still enjoy my Sox when the are perenial cellar dwellars. But Heck Ive been there before, most of you have not! Posted by Promise4you2[/QUOTE] Good post

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Cherington quit on this team and quit on the fans. We still had a shot, albeit remote, but a shot nonetheless. And, as usual, got nothing in return for three All Stars, two GGers. BV doesnt have to worry about saying anything about players coming to Boston, Ben said it all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Different View : Could it be much worse than 67 - 86, the record since Aug 2011?
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

YES a lot worse

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

By the way, that was a great OP my man.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

An OP of excellence!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to A Different View : I could live with losing some fair weather fans.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Carnie my Friend, can you live with the incredibly long losing years of the past? You are about to see them. You know I love and long for the kids. My issue is with the owners who are smart business men and really are in this only to make a 100 Million more!These owners only care about one thing and it's not about where this team finishes, it is about where the dollars come from. they have a right to expect to make a profit. But this is the demantling of the orginization and getting every last penny! Seems this owner has done this in the past. How quickly we forget!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "A Different View": Good post
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Thannks Ali!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Different View : YES a lot worse

LOL, we have been there haven't we!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

[QUOTE]By the way, that was a great OP my man.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Thanks My friend!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

[QUOTE]An OP of excellence!  
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]

Thank you Mr B!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

[QUOTE]If those that are happy with this believe that the saved money will help land FA they are incredibly wrong. Probably because they have not looked at the list. There is not much there out side of some pitchers. I do not see Ross, Sweeney, Breslow, Posednik, Miller, Aceves, Padilla, Cook, Ortizetc... resigning here, don't see it. Some say bring up Bradely, Bogarets, Barnes, Brentz, etc... sure kids that have one year of the minors can step right in sure they can,,,,,,,, 1B counting on Gomez or Loney 2nd Pedroia SS Iggy or Ciracio 3rd Middlebrooks LF ?????????? CF Ellsbury RF Kalish Pitching staff ??????????????????? Lester, Lackey, Bucholz???????????? Next year will be interesting

Common sense is not so common. Thanks for the good Post Jim.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Different View : Carnie my Friend, can you live with the incedibly long losing years of the past? You are about to see them. You know I love and long for the kids. My issue is with the owners who are smart business men and really are in this only to make a 100 Million more!These owners only care about one thing and it's not about where this team finishes, it is about where the dollars come from. they have a right to expect to make a profit. But this is the demantling of the orginization and getting every last penny! Seems this owner has done this in the past. How quickly we forget!
    Posted by Promise4you2[/QUOTE]I don't think that's exactly right my friend. Like you I think we gave up on Crawford too soon, but you might be umderselling the pitchers we got back from LA, at least I hope so. As far as John Henry bleeding the franchise, I've seen no evidence that he's that type of owner.  What I think you've seen the last of is the million dollar band so to speak. And a message clearly needed to be sent to this team about who's in charge. I wouldn't mind seeing one change at the top though, get rid of Larry Lucchino.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I've been a fan since 1976 and 1978 is still as fresh as ever.  I'm grateful every time we make the post season.  And I am grateful for 2004 and 2007 and to those who contributed.  But this team turned into a zoo and Ben did the right thing.  I am pretty confident that we will back in the hunt next year.  And if not, they should be a better ball club to watch regardless.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm going to enjoy watching the Sox next year.

I'll always be a big Sox fan.

I love this new direction and welcome it.

Let's give Ben a chance to do better than Theo's last few years.

Sections
Shortcuts